The Reality of the DBT Thing

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

The Reality of the DBT Thing

Post by beantownbubba »

I have recently had reason to learn that DBT's home territory - Lauderdale County, Tuscumbia, most of Muscle Shoals (I think), Zip City, the Wilson Dam area, etc - is part of the Alabama Fifth Congressional District. As it turns out, in a Beltway filled w/ the scum of the earth, the Representative of the Alabama Fifth has revealed himself to be among the scummiest. Mo Brooks (R-AL) believes that good health is a sign that one has lived a good life, done things "the right way" and, correspondingly, ill health is a sign of moral failure. I thought that way of thinking went out around the time of the Salem witch trials, but nope, it's alive and well in the person of Congressman Brooks. I look forward to discussing Congressman Brooks' views with him someday in true DBT style, over sweet tea at my son's graveside.

"My understanding is that (the new proposal) will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher health care costs to contribute more to the insurance pool," Brooks said. "That helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they're healthy, they've done the things to keep their bodies healthy. And right now, those are the people--who've done things the right way--that are seeing their costs skyrocketing."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Re: The Reality of the DBT Thing

Post by Clams »

Show him the sinkhole and look the rabbi in the eye, bubba.
If you don't run you rust

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I've been listening to this song--the whole record, really--not quite obsessively lately. I'm not sure why it helps me, but it does. Maybe it'll help you. If not, I'll go your bail.

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Congressman Brooks is an under-educated asshole. These bastards like everything that benefits THEM, but refuse to help to anyone else.

1) That ain't how insurance works
2) That ain't how morality works
3) I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Brooks is down with Jesus...and that ain't how that works either
4) Fuck that guy

While he equates health to a 'good life', he is likely talking about race. The dog-whistle sounds again. He just does not want money going to anyone browner than tan.

....and a quick Wiki search, confirms my suspicions....

On August 4, 2014 Brooks went on The Laura Ingraham Show and Ingraham played Brooks a clip of Ron Fournier warning that the Republican Party could not survive as the "party of white people." Brooks responded: "Well, this is a part of the war on whites that's being launched by the Democratic Party... And the way in which they’re launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else. It's part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008, continued in 2012, where he divides us all on race, on sex, creed, envy, class warfare, all those kinds of things." The comment drew considerable comments and controversy. When asked about the comment later that day, Brooks repeated the claim of a war on whites, stating: "In effect, what the Democrats are doing with their dividing America by race is they are waging a war on whites and I find that repugnant."

5) Fuck that guy. I find him repugnant.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm rooting for Bubba to find the sinkhole and invite Rep. Brooks for some pot roast beef and mashed potatoes and sweet tea
and follow it up with some banana pudding and a walk around Massachusetts.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'm rooting for Bubba to find the sinkhole and invite Rep. Brooks for some pot roast beef and mashed potatoes and sweet tea
and follow it up with some banana pudding and a walk around Massachusetts.
fuck that, it wouldn't take my man long to do the job, just a partially sawed through steering rod
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Alternatively, this asshole suggests that you can simply move to another state that might be more equipped to handle medical needs of its community.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-g ... -condition

whatwouldcooleydo?

Mo Brooks?

More like Mo Asshole

whatwouldcooleydo?

pearlbeer wrote:Alternatively, this asshole suggests that you can simply move to another state that might be more equipped to handle medical needs of its community.

I wonder if he tells those experiencing economic anxiety over losing that factory or mining job to just move to another state

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

pearlbeer wrote:Alternatively, this asshole suggests that you can simply move to another state that might be more equipped to handle medical needs of its community.

Yep...that's our asshole.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:

Can't you keep him in your shithouse?
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Another day, another embarrassment from my home state. :roll:

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Flea wrote:
He keeps escaping.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

brett27295 wrote:
Flea wrote:
He keeps escaping.

I'll trade you for one Ted Cruz.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
Flea wrote:
He keeps escaping.

I'll trade you for one Ted Cruz.
Let's not forget their enablers, also known as voters.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:
brett27295 wrote:

that shitter's way beyond full, it's bubbling over and looking to expand it's territory

misterbrow

Post by misterbrow »

And people ask, "Why did Patterson move all the way to Oregon?"

njMark

Post by njMark »

So by his logic, my mom deserved to die from diabetes, a disease she suffered with from childhood, she raised with my dad us 4 kids, took in multiple foster kids, was a deacon in our church, worked 2 jobs along with my dad to raise us, taught me that hate has no place in our lives, sthat she led a bad life and deserved to die? Understand people, this is no aberration, these people are not a few bad eggs, this is america, always has been. The difference is they are now empowered by Cheeto Mussolini to spew forth upon us. Ban me if you will but if you voted for him, I truly, in my bones, hope you die in a fire.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

njMark wrote:So by his logic, my mom deserved to die from diabetes, a disease she suffered with from childhood, she raised with my dad us 4 kids, took in multiple foster kids, was a deacon in our church, worked 2 jobs along with my dad to raise us, taught me that hate has no place in our lives, sthat she led a bad life and deserved to die? Understand people, this is no aberration, these people are not a few bad eggs, this is america, always has been. The difference is they are now empowered by Cheeto Mussolini to spew forth upon us. Ban me if you will but if you voted for him, I truly, in my bones, hope you die in a fire.
Yep, by his "logic". And by that I mean "what benefits those who put him where he is, and I don't mean voters". He's a Grade B Asshole.

And your Mom sounds freakin' heroic.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse