Sound Opinions Show

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mr. B

Sound Opinions Show

Post by Mr. B »

The Sound Opinions show taped in early February has hit the air and is available here: http://soundopinions.org/show/595?utm_c ... rce=Eloqua. For those who don't know, this show is a weekly hour long show devoted to rock and roll airing on many NPR stations. Its hosted by long time Chicago Tribune critic Greg Kot and former Sun Times/Rolling Stone writer Jim Derogatis.

We attended the taping and, as I posted at the time, thought it was great. Kot and Derogatis are both long-time DBT fans and ask intelligent, knowledgeable questions. Some of the taping hit the cutting room floor, but a lot of it survived and its good stuff. Not much new information here for most of us, but still an enjoyable listen.

211poundsofpork

Re: Sound Opinions Show

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Niiiiiice. Just by chance, I believe this is what I heard on 88.5 WXPN (Philly) yesterday afternoon. Great interview (Classic Cooley-isms including his comments about what he would be doing if not being a musician) and great music. I didn't hear the whole thing, but I did hear an acoustic Surrender Under Protest and an acoustic Ever South.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Caught this randomly while going to get groceries; I had to change plans and directions as I wouldn't be able to pick it up heading towards my original destination.

I found the part about Tom T. Hall's "Watergate Blues" inspiring "What It Means" particularly interesting.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

I was wondering when this was going to be posted. Thanks for the heads up! I was right in front of Cooley, so unfortunately I didn't make any of the camera angles. :x