Ponte Vedra Beach 4/16

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TDB

Ponte Vedra Beach 4/16

Post by TDB »

DBT on Easter Sunday! I decided to go about 3pm, didn't buy a ticket or book a hotel. Got there around 7:30, found a hotel right down the road, down front by 8pm.
I knew The Swamp's were going but it was nice seeing Leslie and Bruce Bogart, as well. It's always better to rock with friends. I didn't bother to write down the setlist, however I did notice THE BAND DID!!!WTF? Since when did they start using setlists???? Then again, I just noticed last night (although I wondered about it in Athens) that the Mighty Mattador is no longer with the band. That sucks. But, time moves on I guess. The set was pretty solid. Nothing special. Heavy on the new songs as usual. The Swamps got a shout out after Ronnie and Neil. Nice! The only real highlight for me was Matt Patton taking vocals on a Ramones cover! I was going nuts, but it seemed most of the crowd had no idea what they were playing. Show #99 in the books.

Swamp

Re: Ponte Vedra Beach 4/16

Post by Swamp »

Jack Flash posted the set list on the April tour dates thread.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

TDB wrote: I didn't bother to write down the setlist, however I did notice THE BAND DID!!!WTF? Since when did they start using setlists????
Are you sure it was a setlist? They've had lyrics taped to their monitors a lot lately. I noticed it at several shows in Nov and at Homecoming. It was lyrics to "Gimme Some Truth". I suspect what you may have saw last night was a lyric sheet possibly for "The KKK Took My Baby Away".
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote:
TDB wrote: I didn't bother to write down the setlist, however I did notice THE BAND DID!!!WTF? Since when did they start using setlists????
Are you sure it was a setlist? They've had lyrics taped to their monitors a lot lately. I noticed it at several shows in Nov and at Homecoming. It was lyrics to "Gimme Some Truth". I suspect what you may have saw last night was a lyric sheet possibly for "The KKK Took My Baby Away".
That's my guess, too.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Swamp

Cooley zinger of the night

Post by Swamp »

After the usual fight at a DBT show in jax and Patterson telling the dumb ass off, Cooley walks up to his mic with a bottle of Makers and while holding the bottle at the top of the neck with 2 fingers and holding his other hand flat under the bottle,
says "this is how you hold your licker"
On a side note I did ask Todd if we should jump in but we decided to let it play out.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Flea

Re: Cooley zinger of the night

Post by Flea »

Swamp wrote:After the usual fight at a DBT show in jax and Patterson telling the dumb ass off, Cooley walks up to his mic with a bottle of Makers and while holding the bottle at the top of the neck with 2 fingers and holding his other hand flat under the bottle,
Cooley is a fucking American treasure.
Now it's dark.

TDB

Re: Cooley zinger of the night

Post by TDB »

Swamp wrote:After the usual fight at a DBT show in jax and Patterson telling the dumb ass off, Cooley walks up to his mic with a bottle of Makers and while holding the bottle at the top of the neck with 2 fingers and holding his other hand flat under the bottle,
On a side note I did ask Todd if we should jump in but we decided to let it play out.
To be honest, I don't think the guy deserved to get thrown out. From my vantage point, it was the other guy who took the first shot and then started pointing fingers.
Then again, I was wrong on the setlist thing and what song The Swamps got dedicated to them, so what the fuck do I know? Not much.

Boots On Again

Post by Boots On Again »

TDB,
My wife and I met you at this show. We were standing to your right. Congrats on #99. It was only our 2nd show. We hope to increase that over the next several years.
Best wishes!
Cheers!