Summer Cookin' w/ DBT

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Summer Cookin' w/ DBT

Post by beantownbubba »

The boys are certainly keeping busy! Dates in Hartford CT and Portland ME among a bunch announced today for July. Travel on weeknights is less than ideal but I'll probably make both of these and I suppose the odds are pretty good that I'll sample some lobster along the way. Nice surprise :)

There's also a date in the Hamptons that week. Not gonna make that shlep but I think that will be a potentially amusing culture clash, depending on who shows up: DBT regulars from the metro area or "the summer people."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: Summer Cookin' w/ DBT

Post by Jonicont »

7/28 in Westhampton. Coinciding nicely with the start of our annual Sag Harbor vaca
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:7/28 in Westhampton. Coinciding nicely with the start of our annual Sag Harbor vaca
Hmmmmm, do we believe in coincidence?

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

Surprised to see that the band'll be back at The Egg in Albany (they played a sweet, albeit under-attended show there during the 'English Oceans' tour). I'm still dreaming about catching them in my hometown Bearsville Theater-- hell, they could park the bus in my driveway-- but will surely enjoy once again seeing them scramble the Egg.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I love the fact that they're playing Bell's Beer Garden in Kalamazoo, MI. I can't see how I can make this work just yet but I do have family there. Hmmm...
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I love the fact that they're playing Bell's Beer Garden in Kalamazoo, MI. I can't see how I can make this work just yet but I do have family there. Hmmm...
Yeah, this should be a really good show -- I've never seen a show at Bell's but I've been there to drink beer and its a cool place. And you can't go wrong on a Friday evening outdoor concert in a relatively small venue with fresh Bell's on tap. The wife and I are driving from Chicago to the show, so if you can figure out a way to get here and want a ride from Chicago, let me know.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

I'll never understand why these guys refuse to show up in Grand Rapids these days but I'm so stoked for a Friday night in the Beer Garden. I already took the day off and ive got a bunch of friends heading to this one. It's shaping up to be quite a night!

I haven't been to an outdoor show there in a few years. I can't remember if it's kosher to bring lawn chairs? I know it's fine (and recommended) for non concert dates but I can't remember what the policy is for shows and can't seem to find that information of their website. Ideally, we'd like to get there early and set up camp right in front of the stage all day. :lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

In for Hartford and Portland.

Strange set up in Hartford: Standing room behind the orchestra, most expensive seats upstairs, all tix pretty darn expensive plus the usual pile on of fees. Not complaining just saying that it stands out as unusual.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:In for Hartford and Portland.

Strange set up in Hartford: Standing room behind the orchestra, most expensive seats upstairs, all tix pretty darn expensive plus the usual pile on of fees. Not complaining just saying that it stands out as unusual.

Hamptons Tix $100
Small seated theater
Always go to the show

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Jonicont wrote:

Hamptons Tix $100
Small seated theater
Who do these guys think they are, the Rolling Stones?! ;)
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:

Hamptons Tix $100
Small seated theater
What's that? Cappuccino for 2 out there? Cheap tickets fit in w/ the appeal of DBT being an evening of slumming for the Hamptons crowd.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Jonicont wrote: Hamptons Tix $100
Small seated theater
I'd pay it. But also...fuck that lol.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I say, Biff, the Drive-By Truckers are coming to town this summer and I hear tickets are just $100.

Why yes, Thatch, I have a cousin in Georgia, a rather large fellow with a beard, who speaks quite fondly of those chaps. Though I hear they have followers who are, shall we say, somewhat uncouth. Whiskey drinkers and such, you know what I mean.

Well I don't think Sloan would enjoy that type of evening and anyway, we have the silent auction at the Yacht Club that night.

Right you are, mate. I hear there will be an Ascot of the Month Club membership up for bid! Tally ho!!
Last edited by Clams on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Clams wrote:Image

I say, Biff, the Drive-By Truckers are coming to town this summer and I hear tickets are just $100.

Why yes, Thatch, I have a cousin in Georgia, a rather large fellow with a beard, who speaks quite fondly of those chaps. Though I hear they have followers who are, shall we say, somewhat uncouth.

Well I don't think Sloan would enjoy that type of evening and anyway, we have plans at the Yacht Club that evening.

Right you are, mate. Tally ho!!
:D Clams, you the know the popped collar lifestyle is your steez . You don't have to lie.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Ha! Well done, clams.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I have hazy memories of meeting clams outside the 40 watt. I think he was wearing a willie Nelson tee shirt with a plaid sportscoat?!?

RMD

Post by RMD »

The CT show should have been booked at the College Street Music Hall in New Haven. Better venue in my opinion.