Dance Band of the Resistance

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Re: Dance Band of the Resistance

Post by Cole Younger »

ramonz wrote:As the pin says, love each other, motherfuckers. Both you guys are smart, passionate, and caring - I hate to see two rock-solid kind of dudes spar.
Im good, man. I didn't really see it as sparring and am not mad at anybody. I'm good with anybody standing up for what they believe in whether I agree with it or not and as long as they aren't hurting anybody when they do it. I reject the resistance as legitimate but support of Trump isn't why.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

brett27295 wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
Lol. Man what are you so angry about? This seems like it happens with you a lot. If I don't just shut up after one or two exchanges this is what I'm going to get. I didn't vote for Trump. I didn't vote for either of those two walking dumpster fires. But wrong is wrong and these jerks like the ones who did what they did at Berkeley are criminals and nothing more. There is no justification for what those people did and a person doesn't have to like or agree with Donald Trump to be able to see that. Some things are just wrong and politics shouldn't be so important that excuses get made for it. I didn't say any protest against the policies of Trump were lead by terrorist organizations. And you know I didn't say that.
Have you ever noticed your go to reply when someone disagrees with you is to accuse them of being angry?

I support the shirt, I support the band's decision to embrace it, and I support any and all resistance movements against the Trump Administration.
All of them huh? No matter what they do. Ok.

Nah I didn't realize I did that. You just seemed pissy but maybe you weren't.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Beaverdam wrote:
ramonz wrote:As the pin says, love each other, motherfuckers. Both you guys are smart, passionate, and caring - I hate to see two rock-solid kind of dudes spar.
I'm with ramonz. Love each other. I sure as hell didn't mean to start anything. I think what hutchens said was pretty interesting though!

Harsh your mellow!
No way. You didn't start anything. If anything I should have realized where this would go and just kept my mouth shut.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Cole Younger wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:
I'm with ramonz. Love each other. I sure as hell didn't mean to start anything. I think what hutchens said was pretty interesting though!

Harsh your mellow!
No way. You didn't start anything. If anything I should have realized where this would go and just kept my mouth shut.
Don't do that, man! Your point of view is more valid than most on either side because it's based on reason, not emotion.*

*Edited to say that comment is not reflective of anyone involved in this dust-up.
Last edited by Flea on Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now it's dark.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

You're my boy, Flea.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Cole Younger wrote:
brett27295 wrote:

I support the shirt, I support the band's decision to embrace it, and I support any and all resistance movements against the Trump Administration.
All of them huh? No matter what they do. Ok.
Yes, pretty much. Unless they start bombing innocent people. The bigger question is why does it matter to you? Our country was founded by resisting. It's kind of been a thing in our country for a long time. The resistance against the Trump Administration has been peaceful (I realize Berkely is your go to example here but as was explained in the Everything Else thread it doesn't really fit). From what I can tell from the other thread you seem upset (though that's probably a bad word choice) that the protestors don't even know what they're protesting against. Which seems like an odd opinion to me considering practically all the marches have been extremely specific as to why they are marching/protesting.

Vive la resistance!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

couldn't find an ideal thread for this and didn't think I should start a new one, so here's where it will be

The killing's been the bullet's business since back in 1931
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

scotto

Post by scotto »

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Not bad, but totally missed the boat on Once They Banned Imagine.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
Not bad, but totally missed the boat on Once They Banned Imagine.
Fer real. But he did spin a decent yarn about it :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard