Wes Freed Art Sale

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Wes Freed Art Sale

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

A message from Jyl Freed below. This is a link to the website.
We're working on a permanent website to showcase the TONS of cool, vintage Wes Freed art I have. Some stuff will be for sale, some just for fun. In the meantime we're doing this little temporary spot in hopes of selling a few things to help me defray some medical costs that have become a constant in my life ever since I got whammied with cancer in 2016.

As always, I wanna get all talky and over explain my situation, even though prolly 5% give a hoot. Instead lemme just say these pieces will only be at these prices temporarily (most likely), and once we are able to add more stuff, I may take them off the market altogether. (At least "officially", although always feel free to ask about prices if you see something you want real bad, but it isn't listed as "for sale".)

I will politely request that you don't attempt to haggle with me online. The prices are what is listed, and a bargain at the current listings. As much as I love the TV Show "American Pickers", if you even intimate the word "bundle", I may have to virtually toss you out of my "virtual" gallery. (Big smile, but seriously.)

I reserve the right to raise and lower the prices if you are particularly reverent and respectful or of you act like an entitled dickhead. (Hey, it happens!! I may be weak and crippled but I still don't take shit I don't deserve from anyone.)

Also, please note - and I'm dead serious here - if you live in or near Richmond, VA or happen to be passing through, make an appointment to come by and look at EVERYTHING, because it's a treat to see in person even if you don't buy anything. However if you do buy something there's a likelihood you'll get obscene discounts on certain items, and maybe even respectable discounts on original Drive By Truckers related art. I can't promise you that, but there's a damn good chance, especially if you're polite.

If you're a fan of Wes and DBT art, the stuff here will blow your mind. There's no way I'll ever get all of it online for everyone to enjoy, so seriously it really is worth coming by if only to look for 2 or 3 hours - although there's so much, you could easily waste a whole day here checking it all out.

Just call or e-mail in advance for an appointment and we'll go from there. I love meeting all the fans and sharing geezer stories about "the good old days".

WarHenRecords

Re: Wes Freed Art Sale

Post by WarHenRecords »

Dang, that might be worth the drive down to RVA.
I wonder if they have any prints from the first handful of shows I saw. There are a few I'd love to get my hands on. Asheville Feb 2006 & Richmond 2009 (I think, Bloodkin opened) specifically.
I've got a bunch of Wes' art, mostly DBT stuff, but I have the Hank Williams print and an artist's proof of the Gram Parsons print.
And a Wes tat.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

Kudzu Guillotine

WarHenRecords wrote:I wonder if they have any prints from the first handful of shows I saw.
If you click on this link it will take you to the homepage. Scroll down to the bottom and there's a contact email and phone number for Jyl. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to help you out.

Kudzu Guillotine

From Jyl:
so, we added some new stuff to the website if you want to check it out, Wes painted a super cool fiddle to donate to the cause. and there are some other old things that are pretty sweet as well.