Wisconsin Run (pt. 1)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

roryg81

Wisconsin Run (pt. 1)

Post by roryg81 »

Part 2 will be Blue Ox but, until then, we have two mid-week shows next week. The Luverly Lisa and I are in for both, hoping for some big to do with both shows since our NY run seems like shorter show - dance fever, you know. Majestic lists Tuesday's show at 7:30 with doors at 6:30 - some seats downstairs, but mainly SRO. Turner Hall: doors at 6:30 (yeah,right) and show at 8. Again, very few seats and they may still have ceiling netting to catch the plaster.

Mr. B

Re: Wisconsin Run (pt. 1)

Post by Mr. B »

Me and the Ms. will be coming up for Chicago for the Milwaukee show. Much prefer the Turner to the Pabst. Small chance I will go to Madison to hang with a buddy, but unlikely given I've got shows the next three nights in three different states.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I'll have friends at all those WI shows. Wish I could be there as well.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Hey Rory,

Did you have any information pertaining to a setlist from last night in Madison?

Thanks,

Cubfan

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Setlist anybody??

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

Sorry about not posting the set list but I'm using an old phone while we get ready for tonight's show at Turner Hall. Last night was packed downstairs with a very receptive audience, especially for a Tuesday. They started at 9 with Guns and finished "Rockin in the Free World " at about 10:50. Good intense show with local tie ins, like hanging out at Le Tigre lounge. The news songs were boisterously received and there were quite a few sinalongs to go with the drinks longs. Lots of energy

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

And set lists.com has an incomplete list

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

Here is an almost complete set list for Madison - not quite the right order and I believe I'm missing 1 or 2:
Guns Of Umpqua
Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags On The Cusp Of Dawn
Surrender Under Protest
Kinky Hypocrite
Two Daughters And A Beautiful Wife
Baggage
Love Like This
Tornadoes
A Ghost to Most
Ever South
Sounds Better in the Song
What It Means
Women Without Whiskey
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Rockin' in the Free World

All told, the Sconnie run featured about forty songs with about 8-10 songs played both nights. There was a different feel between the shows as well; Madison was a more charged up while Milw. was more..."jammy"(in a good way). Milwaukee also had the backdrop that was too large for The Majestic and both nights had drunks who had to be helped by security - the Milw. guy was slung over the shoulder of a man mountain security guy during "Sinkhole"/"Gravity's Gone" and taken away. Great shows.

curtin61287

Post by curtin61287 »

I thought last night's Milwaukee show was one of the best performances I have seen yet. It wasn't particularly outstanding in terms of set list, but the band was so tight, and the mix was great. Too bad the show was on a Wednesday though, as I can barely focus on my computer screen while typing this..