04/20/17 - Wilmington, Delaware

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

guitarmanmcs

04/20/17 - Wilmington, Delaware

Post by guitarmanmcs »

So who is in for Delaware in April? I will be bringing two new-er fans to the DBT to the show. One has never seen them and only recently started listening and the other is my father, who has only seen them when they opened for the Alabama Shakes (45 minute show). I have never been to the venue in Wilmington and was fortunate enough to get front-row balcony. Nothing like paying more in fees than for the ticket price! A $25 ticket became $52 at checkout! I hope it's nice up there. I hope I don't regret just going to the 9:30.

Clams

Re: 04/20/17 - Wilmington, Delaware

Post by Clams »

In. It's a GREAT venue, guitarmanmcs. An old theater that's been completely updated. Great sound, great sight lines, good beer at reasonable prices. As for tickets and fees, methinks you got hosed, guitarmanmcs. I ordered through the DBT site presale and got 2 tix for $50 plus $12 fees, total $62. See ya there.
If you don't run you rust

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

I always get them pre-sale except this time. The site was not offering balcony because they are assigned seats. My father can't stand for that long of a period of time. I had to get them from the world Café website.

Clams

Post by Clams »

guitarmanmcs wrote:I always get them pre-sale except this time. The site was not offering balcony because they are assigned seats. My father can't stand for that long of a period of time. I had to get them from the world Café website.
I sat in the balcony there for Hayes Carll a few years ago. It's really nice but kind of high up (it's a very tall room). If they have downstairs seating, that would be a better option (IMO).

Clams

Post by Clams »

Was just announced today that WCL at the Queen will be closing in May. Apparently there were financial issues due to the less than anticipated revitalization in downtown Wilmington over the past few years. The Truckers will be one of the last shows at the venue. After the Scene Dies, indeed.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inth ... ?mobi=true

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Clams wrote:Was just announced today that WCL at the Queen will be closing in May. Apparently there were financial issues due to the less than anticipated revitalization in downtown Wilmington over the past few years. The Truckers will be one of the last shows at the venue. After the Scene Dies, indeed.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inth ... ?mobi=true
No surprise. Neighborhood is Camden light.
Dave