April Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

guitarmanmcs

Re: April Tour Dates

Post by guitarmanmcs »

Clams wrote:Nice that they're coming back to World Cafe Live in Wilmington (Delaware). Love that venue. In for that one plus hopefully one of the DC shows.
I have never been to the one in Wilmington. The one in Philadelphia is amazing. I will be taking a friend and my father to their first real official "ROCK SHOW" on April 20. Front row balcony!

njMark

Post by njMark »

I believe the town is called Dauberville? Not sure on the spelling but it's by Biloxi I think. As of yesterday my Nola trip has been cancelled and homecoming is back on, I've stopped wondering how or why things happen the way they do but I'm jazzed to be able to hit HC. I'm staying a little farther away than I would like and I've got a ticket for Thursday only but so the F' what, it's Athens, it's HC, a blast will be had.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Looks like I'm in for Austin. A good buddy bought us tix and has locked in a VRBO so I can't really say no at that point.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

In for Columbia

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Hiss Golden Messenger added as the support on these April shows! Wow!

Clams

Post by Clams »

uncle rickey wrote:Hiss Golden Messenger added as the support on these April shows! Wow!
Very very very nice.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Hell we may be crazy but IN for NOLA. Both nights. Never have been to Tipitina's and that can't stand.
Way back when, my band opened up for The Nighthawks (for you DC people--back when Jimmy Thackery was in the band) at Tipitina's. It was awesome. Also, Bonnie Raitt showed up to jam with the Nighthawks and we got to meet and hang with her for a night. One of my best memories.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I'm still hopeful for a 4/9 date to show up in Austin.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

Yeah!!! :D The boys are coming back to the Soul Kitchen in Mobile, AL on 4/13. Will be my 4th time seeing them at the Soul Kitchen and 16th show overall. Cant wait!

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

very jealous of those of you who will get to see dbt and hgm on the same bill.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Will be joining the Hiss crew for this tour.
Super stoked! Can't wait to get back to Austin, New Orleans and the almighty 9:30 Club.
Looking forward to visiting some new cities as well.
Hope to meet some of yous while I'm on the road!
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

come on boys lets get another show in Austin going!

Jim&Jewell

Post by Jim&Jewell »

Sooooo glad to say "See you at the rock show." again. Wilmington, NC tickets purchased. Greenfield Park is a great venue as long as it doesn't rain.
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Markalanbishop wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Hell we may be crazy but IN for NOLA. Both nights. Never have been to Tipitina's and that can't stand.
Way back when, my band opened up for The Nighthawks (for you DC people--back when Jimmy Thackery was in the band) at Tipitina's. It was awesome. Also, Bonnie Raitt showed up to jam with the Nighthawks and we got to meet and hang with her for a night. One of my best memories.
How the heck did I miss this? Luckily, even not knowing, I still sat next to you at dinner and stood next to you at the tiki bar.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

For those who have been to Stubbs in Austin- What's the deal w VIP? We just have regular tickets but a friend mentioned paying up for VIP was the way to go.

A month out, really looking forward to seeing the Truckers in TX!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Gaetzi wrote:For those who have been to Stubbs in Austin- What's the deal w VIP? We just have regular tickets but a friend mentioned paying up for VIP was the way to go.

A month out, really looking forward to seeing the Truckers in TX!
I believe there is a balcony you will have access to for the show, and maybe a bathroom with easy access.

Stubb's is well laid out for big shows. Bathroom and bar access are easy, and you should be able to easily stand pretty much wherever you want to, especially if you get there a bit early. IMO, the VIP access isn't worth the $100 extra.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Cool, appreciate the feedback. We'll stick w the common folk :)

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Getting pumped for Austin and San Antonio with my nine year old in tow as these are all ages shows. I was starting to feel like she should be a part of the awesomeness that is the DBT show, after all she knows all the songs by default. She has been to a couple of festival sets but that barely counts. time for a rock show kid!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Very excited to see the Sonics at Continental Club the Sunday between the austin and san antone shows.
And I'm trying with my entire soul to manifest DBT taking the stage for the Midnight slot directly after the Sonics.
It just seems to perfect, sorry if yall need a night off but the world needs you to play another rock show at Continental club!

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Let's see if I can stay on this.

Having a broken heart wears you out.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:Very excited to see the Sonics at Continental Club the Sunday between the austin and san antone shows.
And I'm trying with my entire soul to manifest DBT taking the stage for the Midnight slot directly after the Sonics.
It just seems to perfect, sorry if yall need a night off but the world needs you to play another rock show at Continental club!

Sonics play the midnight slot, so a mystery appearance at the Continental seems unlikely. Dammit.
For anyone coming to Austin for the 4/8 show, Southern Culture on the Skids has a 5 night run (Tue-Sat) at the Contential Club.
Always a good show.

....still....that 4/9 holdover date is bugging me. I remain optimistic for a secret show in Austin.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I like the way you're thinking. Perhaps the dead beets will step aside and dbt takes the early slot. I'm not as hopeful about it as I once was. Either way Sunday night is a rock show.
Maybe the truckers just want to take in a rock show themselves I am psyched for Heybale too. Been a long time.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Jim&Jewell

Post by Jim&Jewell »

And April 19 is Bicycle Day!
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

pearlbeer wrote:
For anyone coming to Austin for the 4/8 show, Southern Culture on the Skids has a 5 night run (Tue-Sat) at the Contential Club.
Always a good show.
Hmm, that's the midnight show at the Continental Club. I love that place. Might be a fun one to run over to after our guys are done at Stubb's. :)

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

boyyourself wrote:Very excited to see the Sonics at Continental Club the Sunday between the austin and san antone shows.
Got our Sonics tix too. Maybe see Jon Dee Graham and the Resentments over at Saxon Pub earlier in the night. Or Heybale would be fun too. Austin is so great. ;)

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Fool No Where wrote:Image
Patrick Sharp? I think he is out for the rest of the season on i.r. (as per Patrick Sharp tradition)

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

uncle rickey wrote:
Got our Sonics tix too. Maybe see Jon Dee Graham and the Resentments over at Saxon Pub earlier in the night. Or Heybale would be fun too. Austin is so great. ;)
I might try to hit SCOTS after the DBT show, but I'm 98% sure it will be sold out by then.

I'm happy to provide any Austin recommendations for those of you visiting.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Jim&Jewell wrote:And April 19 is Bicycle Day!
The perfect occasion for Cooley to bring Self Destructive Zones back into rotation

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »