April Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

April Tour Dates

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Playing in cities called Wilmington in two different states on consecutive nights. I wonder if that's a first?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

boyyourself

Re: April Tour Dates

Post by boyyourself »

a night off in Austin? I smell another show at continental club and would really like to not miss this one.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Somehow we'll make New Orleans work. We had already booked a vacation in NOLA in March with StevieRay and his lovely Mrs. but who said you can't go to NOLA twice in just over a month? :D

ford911

Post by ford911 »

boyyourself wrote:a night off in Austin? I smell another show at continental club and would really like to not miss this one.
Or maybe another ACL taping.

I'll be doing Austin and SA. Anyone been to Paper Tiger?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

No Ohio

*jordansadface*
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:a night off in Austin? I smell another show at continental club and would really like to not miss this one.

Cooley played in Austin solo last month and said "we are lining up dates in Austin this spring....hopefully a couple of nights". Fingers crossed.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I'd have to think DBT at Tip's is just about the most fun thing in the world. Saw them at the Civic Theater a few years back and while the show was great, the energy just wasn't quite there. I'm in for either these shows or Austin.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Clams

Post by Clams »

Nice that they're coming back to World Cafe Live in Wilmington (Delaware). Love that venue. In for that one plus hopefully one of the DC shows.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Wilmington gets all the shows
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Finally!
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

NOLA rules

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Clams wrote:Nice that they're coming back to World Cafe Live in Wilmington (Delaware). Love that venue. In for that one plus hopefully one of the DC shows.
In for all three.
Dave

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Hell we may be crazy but IN for NOLA. Both nights. Never have been to Tipitina's and that can't stand.

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Just got the Jax tix!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Hell we may be crazy but IN for NOLA. Both nights. Never have been to Tipitina's and that can't stand.
Plus, you get to leave MS. I call that a win/win ;)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

I think my favorite venue to see a band is the Ryman and I am flying in from NYC to see DBT therenext week. But man, I love Tipitinas and would love to go but it is the same dates as our trip to Vegas. But if anyone is thinking about traveling to see DBT, go to New Orlenas and see them at Tips. It is outside of the French Quarters but it is a small venue for the band. If you don't want to stand in the front, you can hang on the upper level.

In terms of NY venues, think Bowery Ballroom but smaller and with a lot more personality.

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

In for Jax. Duh.

njMark

Post by njMark »

I'm going to New Orleans since I can't make homecoming this year and it seems like a fine substitute for it. Are there any hotels walking distance from Tips or am I better served staying farther out? Never been to New Orleans. It's my birthday weekend and I plan on making 40 a birthday that I'll have to try really hard to remember.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

Zip City wrote:No Ohio

*jordansadface*
Columbus and Cleveland are long overdue for a rockshow.

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

njMark wrote:I'm going to New Orleans since I can't make homecoming this year and it seems like a fine substitute for it. Are there any hotels walking distance from Tips or am I better served staying farther out? Never been to New Orleans. It's my birthday weekend and I plan on making 40 a birthday that I'll have to try really hard to remember.

The venue is located in a residential area. Probably a 10 buck Uber ride.

I would stay downtown. Lots of great hotels in the French Quarter. My advise is not to stay on Bourbon but look for something on Canal Street or the surrounding area.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Agerst1574 wrote:
njMark wrote:I'm going to New Orleans since I can't make homecoming this year and it seems like a fine substitute for it. Are there any hotels walking distance from Tips or am I better served staying farther out? Never been to New Orleans. It's my birthday weekend and I plan on making 40 a birthday that I'll have to try really hard to remember.

I would stay downtown. Lots of great hotels in the French Quarter. My advise is not to stay on Bourbon but look for something on Canal Street or the surrounding area.
Good advice. Also try the relatively new warehouse/arts district which qualifies as a "surrounding area" to Canal and seemed to be generating some smaller reasonably priced hotels when I was last there.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The key question is, are beignets kosher for passover???

New Orleans, DBT, Tipitina's and 2 wkend shows is an awesome combination; i'd love to make this work.

Until then, 3 wks from tonite the boys will be rockin' beantown!!!

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Agerst1574 wrote:

Good advice. Also try the relatively new warehouse/arts district which qualifies as a "surrounding area" to Canal and seemed to be generating some smaller reasonably priced hotels when I was last there.

Excellent advice as I should have mentioned the Warehouse district as we stayed at the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel this past April. It is a 8 block walk to the French Quarters and a short walk to one of my favorite museums, the World War ll Museum. My wife and I go to New Orleans every year and it is one of our favorite cities to visit.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Thanks for the info, I'm figuring 3 days in Nola then a few more visiting my sister and her fam in Mississippi, I think she said she lives about 90 minutes from Nola so I'm sure I can bug her for a ride. I've been told to avoid bourbon street because of the tourist trap bit, any truth to this?

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Agerst1574 wrote:In terms of NY venues, think Bowery Ballroom but smaller and with a lot more personality.
Tipitina's (1000) actually has a bigger capacity than the Bowery Ballroom (575).

I loved Tipitina's when I saw DBT shows there in 2011 but I love seeing shows at Bowery Ballroom too.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

njMark wrote:Thanks for the info, I'm figuring 3 days in Nola then a few more visiting my sister and her fam in Mississippi, I think she said she lives about 90 minutes from Nola so I'm sure I can bug her for a ride. I've been told to avoid bourbon street because of the tourist trap bit, any truth to this?
It really depends on what your expectations are. If you have a sort of "romantic view" of bourbon street, you will be bitterly disappointed and should stay away. If you want to get rip roaring drunk surrounded by rowdy like minded souls most of whom are totally into having a great time, you'll have a great time. As far as the specifics of being a "tourist trap" go, you'll pay too much, but unless you do something really stupid you won't get hurt or ripped off too badly but OTOH you are extremely unlikely to meet anyone from LA much less NOLA.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

njMark wrote:Thanks for the info, I'm figuring 3 days in Nola then a few more visiting my sister and her fam in Mississippi, I think she said she lives about 90 minutes from Nola so I'm sure I can bug her for a ride. I've been told to avoid bourbon street because of the tourist trap bit, any truth to this?
Where in Mississippi is your sister?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Where in Mississippi is your sister?
Does Lurleen know you're out looking for other men's sisters?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

You ain't right John

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:You ain't right John
I don't think that can be so. If something isn't right, it's wrong. But I never lie, and I'm always right. So vote for me, George Leroy Tirebiter. And send me your sisters.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be