DBT at Blue Ox Fest (WI), June 8-10, 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Duke Silver

DBT at Blue Ox Fest (WI), June 8-10, 2017

Post by Duke Silver »

Just announced. Also Son Volt, Dead Man Winter, and a bunch of bluegrass and bluegrass-adjacent bands (it's a bg fest, mostly).

This is like 8 minutes from my front door, so I just need to figure out if I can swallow the $150 price tag for a 3-day pass.

http://www.blueoxmusicfestival.com/lineup/
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Iowan

Re: DBT at Blue Ox Fest (WI), June 8-10, 2017

Post by Iowan »

That's only 120 miles for us. Seems like a steep price tag, but DBT, Son Volt, and Dead Man Winter is awfully appealing.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Iowan wrote:That's only 120 miles for us. Seems like a steep price tag, but DBT, Son Volt, and Dead Man Winter is awfully appealing.
I haven't been to Blue Ox yet (this is the 3rd annual), but people who have say it's a great time. It's on the campground connected to the Eaux Claires festival grounds, which will be held the following weekend. I already have tickets for that. Gonna be an expensive June for me. :shock:

They haven't released a schedule yet, but I'm gonna guess that DBT and SV will have the early evening slots on Thursday and Friday that Blitzen Trapper and Shovels & Rope played last year. The last couple years they've reserved the prime-time, late night slots for the big name bluegrass bands.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Duke Silver wrote:
Iowan wrote:That's only 120 miles for us. Seems like a steep price tag, but DBT, Son Volt, and Dead Man Winter is awfully appealing.
I haven't been to Blue Ox yet (this is the 3rd annual), but people who have say it's a great time. It's on the campground connected to the Eaux Claires festival grounds, which will be held the following weekend. I already have tickets for that. Gonna be an expensive June for me. :shock:

They haven't released a schedule yet, but I'm gonna guess that DBT and SV will have the early evening slots on Thursday and Friday that Blitzen Trapper and Shovels & Rope played last year. The last couple years they've reserved the prime-time, late night slots for the big name bluegrass bands.
Thursday makes it a little less manageable.

However, a Thursday night in Eau Claire could easily mean Friday/Saturday Minneapolis/Madison.

chitowntrucker

Post by chitowntrucker »

Duke Silver wrote:

DBT has it listed under Saturday 6/10 on their website. Not that the tour dates page hasn't been wrong or updated previously.

I also contacted the festival via email and they said they eventually sell single day passes for just Saturday.