Denver 1/13-1/14

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Denver 1/13-1/14

Post by boyyourself »

DBT for two nights at the Ogden in Denver after the boys have had significant time off sounds perfect. Several strange occurrences happened that lined it all up for me to attend and I will gladly be there.
My first ever DBT show was Bumbershoot Seattle 2004 then 2 nights at the Bluebird in Denver later that fall.

ndavis86

Re: Denver 1/13-1/14

Post by ndavis86 »

In for my seventh and eighth DBT & DBT-related shows of the Darkened Flags era. CO getting lots of love recently, but it's been a long while since a proper Rock Show in Denver (one night at the Fillmore on Record Store Day 2014 was the last one). Pumped.

boyyourself, are you coming from out of town?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I'm driving up from Telluride.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

In for both nights. The Ogden is a great venue and more or less the perfect venue for the Truckers. Can't wait.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

check that, driving to Grand Junction and taking Amtrak from there. pumped about that. Agree that the Ogden is perfect for DBT. I gotta feeling its gonna be a rowdy two nights.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Just bought tickets for both nights.

Bringing the old lady and her friend the first night.

Hitting up the second night with some buddies.

Excited for some proper rock shows in Denver, as others have mentioned.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

McButton

Post by McButton »

Just heard on the radio that today (Wednesday) at noon mountain time Patterson is going to be doing some sort of guest dj/ song curator on 105.5 The Colorado Sound. I can't seem to find any more info about this on the Colorado Sound's web platforms, but thought it sounded cool. It's 105.5 if you're in the Denver area. If you're not in the area, you can live stream them here: http://player.listenlive.co/51321

chomsky43

Post by chomsky43 »

If anybody needs a ticket I have one for each night at for Friday/Sat - below face value - can email you the PDF with all receipts to show. Email me at chomsky43@hotmail.com or call/text 571-226-7614 - also have one for Doyle Bramhall II tomorrow night in Denver. Snowed in here in Wydaho...

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Getting across Colorado in January is always tricky which is why I booked the train, which is
Now delayed by nine hours due to avalanches in California. Which is why I booked the day before the show. Should be arriving in Denver by roughly 6 a.m. tomorrow, I hope.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

And here we are.. the weekend of the Denver Rock Show is finally upon us! Beyond psyched for these. I believe the last Ogden DBT show was in 2012 (?) (which I missed due to a wedding in Mexico)- prior to that it was a Fri and Sat in mid March 2011 touring behind Go-Go Boots when they'd play a few partially acoustic numbers in the middle of the set. Neff and Shauna still in the band. One of the last One of These Days for some time. And def one of the last versions w Neff playing pedal steel (I'd be lying if I said I didn't his steel playing, esp on a tune like One of These Days)- It's crazy how clearly I can remember these two shows.

The last Denver proper show was Record Store Day 2014 w a short acoustic performance at Twist and Shout then the Rock Show at the Fillmore supporting English Oceans. Anyway, game on and see you at the Rock Show.

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Gaetzi wrote:And here we are.. the weekend of the Denver Rock Show is finally upon us! Beyond psyched for these. I believe the last Ogden DBT show was in 2012 (?) (which I missed due to a wedding in Mexico)- prior to that it was a Fri and Sat in mid March 2011 touring behind Go-Go Boots when they'd play a few partially acoustic numbers in the middle of the set. Neff and Shauna still in the band. One of the last One of These Days for some time. And def one of the last versions w Neff playing pedal steel (I'd be lying if I said I didn't his steel playing, esp on a tune like One of These Days)- It's crazy how clearly I can remember these two shows.

The last Denver proper show was Record Store Day 2014 w a short acoustic performance at Twist and Shout then the Rock Show at the Fillmore supporting English Oceans. Anyway, game on and see you at the Rock Show.
Yep, that 2012 Ogden show was my first Rock Show. "Fourth Night of My Drinking" and then off to the races. In retrospect, I should've gone up to Boulder the following night. To misquote Patterson, I don't make those kinds of mistakes anymore.

So pumped for these. Just have to get through one more work day.

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Wes Freed poster for these shows:

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Doors at 8. Anyone else planning on the rail?

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Surrender
Darkened Flags
Ghost to Most
Baggage
Ramon Casiano
Puttin' People on the Moon
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Kinky Hypocrite
Buttholeville
Shit Shots Count
Sandwiches for the Road
Filthy and Fried
Two Daughters
Ronnie and Neil
What It Means
First Air of Autumn
Why Henry Drinks
Marry Me
I'm 18
Zip City
Grand Canyon
Last edited by ndavis86 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

ndavis86 wrote:Sandwiches for the Road
Ooh, nice.

And opening with Surrender Under Protest. Yeah.

Thanks for posting!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Heavy set list which was to expected and sandwiches for the road is badass. For a second last night I thought two daughters was little Bonnie! Can't really say from the rail but seemed like a mellow crowd. Ready for nite 2

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

boyyourself wrote:Heavy set list which was to expected and sandwiches for the road is badass. For a second last night I thought two daughters was little Bonnie! Can't really say from the rail but seemed like a mellow crowd. Ready for nite 2
"Mellow" is polite. I was thinking "comatose."

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

ndavis86 wrote:
boyyourself wrote:Heavy set list which was to expected and sandwiches for the road is badass. For a second last night I thought two daughters was little Bonnie! Can't really say from the rail but seemed like a mellow crowd. Ready for nite 2

Edibles will do that
Always go to the show

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

stoned hipsters night one. Drunk red necks night two? Stay tuned

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Jonicont wrote:
ndavis86 wrote:

Edibles will do that
just ask Maureen Dowd
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Filthy and Fried
Two Daughters
3DD
Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
Ever South
Surrender
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Goode's Field Road
First Air of Autumn
Guns of Umpqua
Ramon Casiano
Dead Drunk & Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Tornadoes
Once They Banned Imagine
What It Means
LTBR
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Hell No-->
Sign o the Times-->
Hell No
Rockin' in the Free World

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

ndavis86 wrote:Filthy and Fried
Two Daughters
3DD
Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
Ever South
Surrender
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Goode's Field Road
First Air of Autumn
Guns of Umpqua
Ramon Casiano
Dead Drunk & Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Tornadoes
Once They Banned Imagine
What It Means
LTBR
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Hell No-->
Sign o the Times-->
Hell No
Rockin' in the Free World
Saturday night blowout at the end!!
Always go to the show

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Good times last night. I've sort of been taking a break from the Truckers the past couple of years so I didn't go both nights...just Saturday. Glad I did. Great show.

Here's a sample of my recording:

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/driv ... free-world

I'll try to get the entire thing up on the LMA today. I have to work, but it's usually slow on Sunday so I might be able to track it out and upload it.

I really liked Dragondeer. I'll have to go back and check them out again since they are a local Denver band.

Here's a sample from their set:

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/drag ... -other-one

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Fatah Ruark wrote:Good times last night. I've sort of been taking a break from the Truckers the past couple of years so I didn't go both nights...just Saturday. Glad I did. Great show.

Here's a sample of my recording:

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/driv ... free-world

I'll try to get the entire thing up on the LMA today. I have to work, but it's usually slow on Sunday so I might be able to track it out and upload it.

I really liked Dragondeer. I'll have to go back and check them out again since they are a local Denver band.

Here's a sample from their set:

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/drag ... -other-one
Sounds pretty good! Thanks for recording and I look forward to hearing the rest.

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Here is the 24 bit version. You can stream it here or download MP3's, bu these FLAC's won't work if you're old school and listen to CD's. ;)

https://archive.org/details/dbt2017-01-14.ck930.flac24

16 bit version:

https://archive.org/details/dbt2017-01-14.ck930.flac16

Enjoy!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Fatah Ruark wrote:Here is the 24 bit version. You can stream it here or download MP3's, bu these FLAC's won't work if you're old school and listen to CD's. ;)

https://archive.org/details/dbt2017-01-14.ck930.flac24

16 bit version:

https://archive.org/details/dbt2017-01-14.ck930.flac16

Enjoy!
Great recording, thanks for posting it!

DBT were playing in and around 30 songs during the Fall leg of the tour. I hope these shows aren't a return to the 21-24 songs shows of the past few years. Then again, who am I to complain? Just too spoiled I guess :lol:
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Two great Rock Shows this past weekend. The band plays at such a consistently high level these days I don't have a ton to say about the music. If forced to rate the two, I'd give Friday a B+ and Sat an A-. As noted earlier, even though the Ogden was pretty close to capacity on Friday night the crowd was definitely on the mellow side. Ironically, it was the crowd that you'd want at solo acoustic show! Everyone was there for the Truckers and having a good time, etc but there was nothing rowdy going on. Sat was even more full (packed up front) and the crowd was definitely a bit more energetic and into it. DBT did a good job mixing up the set lists. Other than the American Band material, there were very few repeats over the two nights. The band seemed to be having a great time, sounds was clear and loud and as I mentioned before, the Ogden is right in the DBT wheelhouse as far as venues go. Both nights we had people with us that either didn't know the Truckers or had never seen them live. All these folks stayed till the bitter end and left super impressed and had a blast.

And have to give props to the opener, Dragondeer. for a bunch of white guys from Denver they laid down a really funky, high energetic groove both nights. The front man was kind of a cross between Todd Snider and James Brown. Check em out on youtube and definitely go see them if they come to your town. And they're really nice guys, they were hanging out, floating around the Ogden the entire weekend. Were very friendly and humble and seemed genuinely happy to talk any random that came up to talk to them. They also get props for what is probably the best band t shirt I've ever seen. The front of their shirt had the band name on the left half, the right half has this quote "I smoked a joint with Ken Kesey high on acid"- the back of the shirt is this paragraph long story behind the quote. I talked to the lead guy Friday after their set and asked him about it and he told me the whole story. (it was a true story that took place at the Oregon Country fair in 1995)- Also worth noting for 3DD Deadheads- the band played a great Other One on Saturday night.

I realize it's somewhat blasphemous to comment more on the opener than the Truckers. DBT blew the doors off the place and were the rightful highlight by a mile. But at this point, the band is so tight and dialed that you guys more or less know how it went down when the Truckers hit the stage. They came out to the Clashes' Train in Vain Saturday night which was cool and set a good energy for the night.

Bummed to be missing Homecoming but with a two and a half year old kiddo at home and a weekend run that just happened a few miles from home, I just can't justify the trip this year. But make no mistake, there will be a bunch more DBT shows for me in 2017.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

another source

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=590875

Drive By Truckers
2017-01-13
The Ogden Theater
Denver, CO

Schoeps mk41's(dina-ish)>kc5>cmc6>Oade m118>Marantz PMD 661 @ 24/48
BoB-slightly ROC
cool edit pro>cdwave editor>flac16
Taped, transferred and uploaded by Richard Skaggs.
skaggsre@hotmail.com

01 - Introduction
02 - Surrender Under Protest
03 - Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
04 - A Ghost to Most
05 - Baggage
06 - Ramon Casiano
07 - Putting People on the Moon
08 - Made Up English Oceans$
09 - Righteous PAth
10 - Kinky Hypocrite
11 - Buttholeville^
12 - Shit Shots Count
13 - Sanwhiches for the Road*
14 - Filthy and Fried
15 - Three Daughters and a Beautiful Wife*
16 - Women Without Whiskey
17 - Ronnie and Neil
18 - 72 (This Highway's Mean)
19 - What it Means*
20 - First of Autum$
21 - Why Henry Drinks
22 - Marry Me
23 - I'm Eighteen>
24 - Zip City
25 - Grand Canyon

$Cooley on Acoustic guitar
*Patterson on Acoustic guitar
^dedicated to Jeff Sessions
I forgot my mount bar, I'd like to give a shout out to Eric for making one from a 3/4 wood dowel.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

gepman

Post by gepman »

Different show, this is the first night...
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:another source

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=590875

Drive By Truckers
2017-01-13
The Ogden Theater
Denver, CO

Schoeps mk41's(dina-ish)>kc5>cmc6>Oade m118>Marantz PMD 661 @ 24/48
BoB-slightly ROC
cool edit pro>cdwave editor>flac16
Taped, transferred and uploaded by Richard Skaggs.
skaggsre@hotmail.com

01 - Introduction
02 - Surrender Under Protest
03 - Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
04 - A Ghost to Most
05 - Baggage
06 - Ramon Casiano
07 - Putting People on the Moon
08 - Made Up English Oceans$
09 - Righteous PAth
10 - Kinky Hypocrite
11 - Buttholeville^
12 - Shit Shots Count
13 - Sanwhiches for the Road*
14 - Filthy and Fried
15 - Three Daughters and a Beautiful Wife*
16 - Women Without Whiskey
17 - Ronnie and Neil
18 - 72 (This Highway's Mean)
19 - What it Means*
20 - First of Autum$
21 - Why Henry Drinks
22 - Marry Me
23 - I'm Eighteen>
24 - Zip City
25 - Grand Canyon

$Cooley on Acoustic guitar
*Patterson on Acoustic guitar
^dedicated to Jeff Sessions
I forgot my mount bar, I'd like to give a shout out to Eric for making one from a 3/4 wood dowel.

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Post by Bon Scott's AC/DC »

Gaetzi wrote:Two great Rock Shows this past weekend. The band plays at such a consistently high level these days I don't have a ton to say about the music. If forced to rate the two, I'd give Friday a B+ and Sat an A-. As noted earlier, even though the Ogden was pretty close to capacity on Friday night the crowd was definitely on the mellow side. Ironically, it was the crowd that you'd want at solo acoustic show! Everyone was there for the Truckers and having a good time, etc but there was nothing rowdy going on. Sat was even more full (packed up front) and the crowd was definitely a bit more energetic and into it. DBT did a good job mixing up the set lists. Other than the American Band material, there were very few repeats over the two nights. The band seemed to be having a great time, sounds was clear and loud and as I mentioned before, the Ogden is right in the DBT wheelhouse as far as venues go. Both nights we had people with us that either didn't know the Truckers or had never seen them live. All these folks stayed till the bitter end and left super impressed and had a blast.

And have to give props to the opener, Dragondeer. for a bunch of white guys from Denver they laid down a really funky, high energetic groove both nights. The front man was kind of a cross between Todd Snider and James Brown. Check em out on youtube and definitely go see them if they come to your town. And they're really nice guys, they were hanging out, floating around the Ogden the entire weekend. Were very friendly and humble and seemed genuinely happy to talk any random that came up to talk to them. They also get props for what is probably the best band t shirt I've ever seen. The front of their shirt had the band name on the left half, the right half has this quote "I smoked a joint with Ken Kesey high on acid"- the back of the shirt is this paragraph long story behind the quote. I talked to the lead guy Friday after their set and asked him about it and he told me the whole story. (it was a true story that took place at the Oregon Country fair in 1995)- Also worth noting for 3DD Deadheads- the band played a great Other One on Saturday night.

I realize it's somewhat blasphemous to comment more on the opener than the Truckers. DBT blew the doors off the place and were the rightful highlight by a mile. But at this point, the band is so tight and dialed that you guys more or less know how it went down when the Truckers hit the stage. They came out to the Clashes' Train in Vain Saturday night which was cool and set a good energy for the night.

Bummed to be missing Homecoming but with a two and a half year old kiddo at home and a weekend run that just happened a few miles from home, I just can't justify the trip this year. But make no mistake, there will be a bunch more DBT shows for me in 2017.
Thanks for the review Gaetzi :) and thanks to whomever uploaded the recordings ;)