Denver 1/13-1/14

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ndavis86

Re: Denver 1/13-1/14

Post by ndavis86 »

gepman wrote: 11 - Buttholeville^

^dedicated to Jeff Sessions
Was going to comment on this when I got around to typing up my thoughts on the weekend, but Gaetzi captured many of those thoughts, and this format is way funnier than anything I was likely to come up with in prose.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Gaetzi wrote:They also get props for what is probably the best band t shirt I've ever seen. The front of their shirt had the band name on the left half, the right half has this quote "I smoked a joint with Ken Kesey high on acid"- the back of the shirt is this paragraph long story behind the quote. I talked to the lead guy Friday after their set and asked him about it and he told me the whole story. (it was a true story that took place at the Oregon Country fair in 1995)
The Oregon Country Fair is about as much fun as one can have
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Flea

Post by Flea »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:They also get props for what is probably the best band t shirt I've ever seen. The front of their shirt had the band name on the left half, the right half has this quote "I smoked a joint with Ken Kesey high on acid"- the back of the shirt is this paragraph long story behind the quote. I talked to the lead guy Friday after their set and asked him about it and he told me the whole story. (it was a true story that took place at the Oregon Country fair in 1995)
Does that include fun had while nekkid?
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Flea wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Does that include fun had while nekkid?
what makes you think people aren't nekkid at the Fair?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

I put the show from the 13th up on the LMA for your streaming pleasure.

Thanks to Richard for covering my ass for skipping this night. I thought it might have gone un-recorded since recently I've been the only taper at recent Colorado DBT shows.

https://archive.org/details/dbt2017-01-13.mk41.flac16

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Fatah Ruark wrote:I put the show from the 13th up on the LMA for your streaming pleasure.

Thanks to Richard for covering my ass for skipping this night. I thought it might have gone un-recorded since recently I've been the only taper at recent Colorado DBT shows.

I've been listening to your night 2 recording quite a bit. It's fantastic. I'm curious, what allowed you to get such a good, clear pull? Equipment, location, etc.? It's on another planet compared to the recording the night before in the same house, so I'm guessing it's not due to the venue's sound. Thanks!

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Post by Bon Scott's AC/DC »

Fatah Ruark wrote:I put the show from the 13th up on the LMA for your streaming pleasure.

Thanks for the recording!

I love the version of Puttin People on the Moon that the do here... love those heavy driving drums throughout this version...