DBT/Facebook commentary thread

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

DBT/Facebook commentary thread

Post by Clams »

The discussion about whether the truckers play better shows north or south of the Mason Dixon Line has to be one of the stupidest (is that a word?) discussions ever in the DBT/FB group.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

LBRod

Re: DBT/Facebook commentary thread

Post by LBRod »

Clams wrote:The discussion about whether the truckers play better shows north or south of the Mason Dixon Line has to be one of the stupidest (is that a word?) discussions ever in the DBT/FB group.
Those people have obviously never been to the Fillmore.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Has there ever been a good discussion on that page?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Some of the best shows I've seen them play have been in St. Louis...which is in Missouri...which was a border state.....

I'm seriously glad I've never joined that FB group.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

I'm seriously glad I never joined Facebook. Period.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I'm seriously glad I never joined Facebook. Period.
It has its perks, but interacting with strangers ranks pretty low among them

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Because there have never been any inane threads at 3DD or 9 Bullets.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

Pardon my ignorance, but is this the official DBT Facebook page or a fan page?

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I've seen them in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Colorado.

Full throttled excellence in all of these decidedly non-Southern jurisdictions.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Eyes Above It wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but is this the official DBT Facebook page or a fan page?
The fan page. The guy who's stirring shit is, I suspect, not quite aware of the difference between starting a discussion and starting a fight. I'm trying to chill him out a little.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I enjoy the fights on the FB group. Meant some of my best friends there.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

phungi

Post by phungi »

I think the true purpose of the FB discussion/argument is to bait Lynne while demonstrating who is the biggest douchebag on the DBT Facebook Group... I this respect, there are many leading contenders...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

njMark

Post by njMark »

The level of spaz on that page is staggering

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I was never a big FB user, but after the election, I've all but given up it. Unregulated environments ultimately devolve into utter stupidity. See: election results.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

John A Arkansawyer

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

The best shows I've seen was when I was there, but then I've seen em north, south and west.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

whatwouldcooleydo?

typical "holier than thou" Jesus ;) ;) ;)

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

I read some of that thread. The guy who started the thread said the only time he saw DBT north of the MDL was in Harrisburg, PA in 2008 at the Firefly with the Dexateens (Clams was at that show by the way). The guy said the show wasn't good. Another guy piped in, said the sound was bad, and they were playing in a "shit town". Being from right outside Harrisburg I was slightly offended, being fully aware Harrisburg is just okay, but it has a few things going for it.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote:Being from right outside Harrisburg I was slightly offended, being fully aware Harrisburg is just okay, but it has a few things going for it.
On a cross-country roadtrip in 2010 we went to the Appalachian Brewery in Harrisburg. It didn't suck :D

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
typical "holier than thou" Jesus ;) ;) ;)
I thought you'd like that. ;-)

gepman

Post by gepman »

Gang Green wrote:I read some of that thread. The guy who started the thread said the only time he saw DBT north of the MDL was in Harrisburg, PA in 2008 at the Firefly with the Dexateens (Clams was at that show by the way). The guy said the show wasn't good. Another guy piped in, said the sound was bad, and they were playing in a "shit town". Being from right outside Harrisburg I was slightly offended, being fully aware Harrisburg is just okay, but it has a few things going for it.
I was at that show too. Pretty typical DBT show / performance from my recollection (far from sucking). Wasn't a particularly great venue, the fish tank made it passable, Cooley and Patterson even joked about the fishtank...

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

gepman wrote:
Gang Green wrote:I read some of that thread. The guy who started the thread said the only time he saw DBT north of the MDL was in Harrisburg, PA in 2008 at the Firefly with the Dexateens (Clams was at that show by the way). The guy said the show wasn't good. Another guy piped in, said the sound was bad, and they were playing in a "shit town". Being from right outside Harrisburg I was slightly offended, being fully aware Harrisburg is just okay, but it has a few things going for it.
I was at that show too. Pretty typical DBT show / performance from my recollection (far from sucking). Wasn't a particularly great venue, the fish tank made it passable, Cooley and Patterson even joked about the fishtank...
Actually, the Venue was the Dragonfly, which closed after someone was stabbed. Now it's called FedLive and is on top of the Federal Tap House. I've seen Lucero there three times. Not a bad place. The new Troeggs brewery up the street in Hershey is better than the Appalachian Brewery. I remember seeing the advertisement for DBT at the Dragonfly, I considered going, but I was not yet fully ingrained with DBT.

Kudzu Guillotine

I don't think the problem is Facebook. Nothing about that social media platform encourages the type of behavior that's being cited here, it all comes down to individuals. I've been a member of several forums (outside of FB) since going online in the late 90's and can say without question that it happens in all of them, moderated or unmoderated. This isn't an attempt to talk anyone into joining FB so please don't misunderstand, I'm just saying this kind of behavior isn't unique to it. The majority of forums I belong to on there are moderated, quite a few are heavily moderated. The DBT's fan page that's being mentioned here seems to take a mostly hands-off approach. In fact, I thought it was completely unmoderated up until a few months ago when the person that created it finally stepped up to clean house of some folks that were clearly there to stir the pot that weren't DBT's fans.

Southern Efficiency

Post by Southern Efficiency »

Clams wrote:stupidest (is that a word?)
Yes.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Gang Green wrote:
gepman wrote:
Actually, the Venue was the Dragonfly, which closed after someone was stabbed. Now it's called FedLive and is on top of the Federal Tap House. I've seen Lucero there three times. Not a bad place. The new Troeggs brewery up the street in Hershey is better than the Appalachian Brewery. I remember seeing the advertisement for DBT at the Dragonfly, I considered going, but I was not yet fully ingrained with DBT.
I have a copy of at least 2 of these, looks to be maybe 4 different versions of the show here:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=co ... 0dragonfly

Troeg's has better beer, I like the ABC menu better. Troeg's also tends to be a bit of a clusterfuck with the parking lot / seat yourself thing... But I love both and don't hesitate to go to either one.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I thought that DBT page was just Tom Patchak's personal blog

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

I was at that show. I remember it being pretty damn good. Sound did suck though. I was one of the tapers. They made us set up our recording gear near a pole on the far left side. Probably the reason for the shitty results.

https://archive.org/details/dbt2008-05-08.4022s.flac16
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

The latest from Facebook... ... ... :roll:

I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Kudzu Guillotine

potatoeater wrote:The latest from Facebook... ... ... :roll:

As far as the trolling, it's far worse on the official DBT's FB page, which is where this comes from. That said, I'm not sure if this person was trolling or was serious. It's really hard to tell sometimes.
Last edited by Kudzu Guillotine on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
As far as the trolling, it's far worse on the official DBT's official FB page, which is where this comes from. That said, I'm not sure if this person was trolling or was serious. It's really hard to tell sometimes.
Yea, I considered he was trolling. If so, I guess it worked. I read the lyrics to the song he mentioned. I didn't listen to it. I've heard Pop Country before so I can imagine what the song sounds like. The lyrics fit right in there with the rest of pop country, pandering to a demographic in as generic and vague a way as possible in order to appeal to the largest mass of listeners as possible.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!