2017 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

2017 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Post by uncle rickey »

Friends,

With 2017 Homecoming approaching, it's time again to come together as a community and raise some money for Nuci's Space.

This will be the sixth year we've done this at 3DD, so I know many of you know the drill. For you newcomers, Nuci's Space is a center for musicians in Athens, GA whose mission is suicide prevention. They offer affordable, obstacle-free counseling; they offer rehearsal space and instrument rental for area musicians struggling with mental health or feeling isolated; they work with youth through their Camp Amped program. It's a worthy cause, the Truckers' pet charity, and one I'm proud to support. You can learn more about them here.

I'm grateful for the community we have here at 3DD. As some of you know, I'm lucky enough to be able to travel extensively with CooleyGirl to see DBT. We've gotten our faces melted 27 times this year at the rock show, cathartic or poignant or angry or triumphant but seemingly always just what we need. But beyond the three hours of music what stays with me most is the group of friends we've gained through following this band, and through being a part of this community at 3DD.

CG and I have stayed in your homes in MS, CA, WV, NC, and beyond. We've bonded with you over pre-game food and drinks at allisonsdc's house, or at Clams' birthday party in Philly, or at countless bars and restaurants with more 3DD people than I can name. I have warm and sometimes foggy memories of post-show times in Birmingham: driving to the Nick in a convoy with the Smittys, pa_heathen, Beaverdam, litdimly, schlanky, and others. During the shows we've held each other up emotionally and sometimes literally, and talked, high-fived and sung along with so many of you. And when I'm not on the road I'm grateful for the 3DD experience in virtual space: late-night messages from LBRod, boyyourself, one belt loop, whatwouldcooleydo?, and that damn Pickle, reporting back from far and wide with set lists, audio clips, and warm wishes. And of course 3DD is the online space we all share here: a place where we connect, discuss music, share opinions, and support each other. This is our tribe, and I'm so thankful for all of you, and to Jonicont and the mods for keeping 3DD running so smoothly.

So in gratitude let's come together as a group and support Nuci's Space! We're offering a great premium for doing so. This year's selection is a 3DD-produced DVD or Blu-Ray of a killer show: the 11/10/2016 show at the National in Richmond, a 31-song scorcher (setlist here). Filmed by CooleyGirl, Bill Fraley, and yours truly, audio by BigTom and Lynnzzz, Hank Mathewes on photos, and edited and assembled by Jonicont. You don't want to miss this! For a taste of what you'll get, here's a thread with a couple of the videos already; and here's a new vid to tide you over:

Last year 159 of us donated just over $7,500 in this drive, which was great! Let's see if we can do even better in 2017.

Thanks, and I can't wait to see you all in Athens!
Luke, a/k/a uncle rickey
Last edited by uncle rickey on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Post by Jonicont »

Thanks to Luke for getting things started. And thank you to all the previously mentioned folks for helping to get it done.

This year we have a DVD or Blu-ray version of the show available. Shot in High-Def @ 1920x1080

The show was 2:38 with no encore break and will come on 3 dvds or 2 blu-rays

A $20 minimum donation will get the dvd sent to your door

A $25 minimum donation gets you the Blu-ray

MAKE YOUR DONATIONS TO NUCI'S HERE

https://nuci.wufoo.com/forms/ko1278j091hlsh/

If you're sending a check, make sure you include "3DD" and your user name (if you have one) in the memo line!

Mail it to:

Nuci's Space
396 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30601

You also have to pay for shipping

Shipping and Handling is PAID TO ME

S&H for the dvd is $4.83

S&H for the Blu-ray is $5.54

Pay me via Paypal--My Paypal address is jonicont@aol.com

Or you can send me a check (PM me OR email me (jonicont@threedimesdown.com) for my address)

Please indicate if you want a DVD or Blu-ray

So
1-make a donation

2-pay me the shipping*

3-read #2 again

4-Wait by the mailbox**

It's that simple

*Last year there was a problem for some folks paying me through Paypal when using their phones. Please use a computer if at all possible

**since this show was filmed late in the year, don't expect delivery before the second week in January

Thanks to everyone who donated last year. Hope to see you again
Always go to the show

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Done and done. Awesome cause, awesome show (Adam Raised A Cain!), and an awesome blu-ray. Can't beat that with a stick!!!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

Done X2! Thanks so much for doing this, we really appreciate your hard work!

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

I'm so excited to be helping out with this fundraiser behind the scenes again. I spoke with Bob Sleppy, the Executive Director of Nuci's Space, last year and he nearly had me in tears. He could not express how much the annual 3DD fundraiser has come to mean for him and everyone at this fantastic organization. We even earned a gold record on the wall at Nuci's because we have donated so much over the last several years!
Bob said they really count on this every year and it means more than you can imagine. Let's keep up the good work!

The Richmond show was stellar. Take a look at that setlist! I was watching the show through a video camera lens down front that night, which I was happy to do, and it was something else. I can't wait to see the show with the 4 cameras' footage expertly put together by Jonicont. We say a minimum donation of $20 for the DVD or $25 for the Blu Ray, but I would be willing to donate much more for that show, not only for the show itself but to help out Nuci's even more. Let's go! Who's with me?
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Done, always happy to support such an awesome cause.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Any chance we can just get a Digital copy of the show vs. physical?

Donated!
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Flea

Post by Flea »

I know some folks that are not or are not current board members who will likely be interested. Okay to pass along the donation info to them?
Now it's dark.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Flea wrote:I know some folks that are not or are not current board members who will likely be interested. Okay to pass along the donation info to them?
Yes absolutely.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

pearlbeer wrote:Any chance we can just get a Digital copy of the show vs. physical?

Donated!
Sorry-no
Always go to the show

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Thanks for putting this together. Now that I've helped Nucci's, I'm looking forward to seeing the discs.

I'll be curious to see Nuccis in Athens as I've never been!

radiatortunes

Post by radiatortunes »

Done!

I was a lurker on ninebullets.org and have been a lurker on threedimesdown.com for quite some time.

I'm happy that my very first post here is with respect to 3DD's Nuci's Space fundraiser. Thank you for putting together the DVD.

Cheers,
arlene

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

radiatortunes wrote:Done!

I was a lurker on ninebullets.org and have been a lurker on threedimesdown.com for quite some time.

I'm happy that my very first post here is with respect to 3DD's Nuci's Space fundraiser. Thank you for putting together the DVD.

Cheers,
arlene

Hey Arlene. Good to see ya around. Don't be a stranger
Always go to the show

ThreeOnTheTree

Post by ThreeOnTheTree »

Done! Thanks for the opportunity to help out!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Just an update. We're over $4000!! THANK YOU!!! 30 dvd's were shipped on Friday and 30 Blu-rays go out tomorrow. Should be able to get the next 30 orders out by Wednesday. If you haven't paid your S&H, please do so. Please get your order in if you plan on doing so. Leave a review if you're so inclined. Thanks again to those who have donated so far

Always go to the show

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Just sent my donation to Nuci's and my shipping payment to Jon. Can't wait to get the Blu-Ray.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Received my Blu-Ray in the mail today.
Thanks to all the 3DD Crew!
Will be good viewing for the snow/sleet/ice this weekend...

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Got my Blu-Ray. Will be checking it out this weekend. Thanks for all the extra work y'all put into this. What a great group of people around these parts.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

My blue rays just came. Thanks for putting together this awesome fundraiser. Watching the shows will be a good way to warm up for St. Louis!

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Just finished watching this. First of all great camera work by the 3DD crew. It should have been called An Evening With The Drive-By Truckers....the shots are so close and intimate. And I'll say right now it's a pleasure to watch something edited by someone who gets the band.

There are almost too many highlights to single any out but...how about Matt's extra funky bass part on Baggage, EZB pounding his Evel Knievel drum kit during Buttholeville and wait 'til you hear Cooley's country picking on My Sweet Annette. Holy shit!

Love the heavy echo version of That Man I Shot, the bad ass overall band jam at the end of Girls Who Smoke and for the life of me I could not wipe the grin off my face during Adam Raised A Cain...which indeed is a treat. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Donation happily sent to Nuci's and shipping to John. Thanks to everyone for putting this together again. The DVDs get better every year. 3DD crew rocks!!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Rocky wrote:Just finished watching this. First of all great camera work by the 3DD crew. It should have been called An Evening With The Drive-By Truckers....the shots are so close and intimate. And I'll say right now it's a pleasure to watch something edited by someone who gets the band.
For fans, by fans

Thanks for the review Rocky. Glad you enjoyed it
Always go to the show

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

What's the deadline this year to make contributions in time so that they're presented at Homecoming?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

armPitt wrote:What's the deadline this year to make contributions in time so that they're presented at Homecoming?
I don't bring discs to Homecoming. Got too much other shit going on and no time to try and hook up with people
Always go to the show

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

Jonicont wrote:
armPitt wrote:What's the deadline this year to make contributions in time so that they're presented at Homecoming?
I don't bring discs to Homecoming. Got too much other shit going on and no time to try and hook up with people
Sorry for the miscommunication. I didn't mean for the discs to be presented at HC. I meant how soon do the contributions need to be sent to you so that they are included in what 3DD presents to Nuci's at HC?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

armPitt wrote:
Jonicont wrote:
Sorry for the miscommunication. I didn't mean for the discs to be presented at HC. I meant how soon do the contributions need to be sent to you so that they are included in what 3DD presents to Nuci's at HC?
My bad. 2/17 (Fri.)
Always go to the show

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Finally remembered to sit down and do this tonight. Thanks for putting it together. I work in the nonprofit space myself, so I know how meaningful things like this are to organizations. Hope everyone has a blast at HC. One of these years I'll make it out there to join in.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Finally remembered to sit down and do this tonight. Thanks for putting it together. I work in the nonprofit space myself, so I know how meaningful things like this are to organizations. Hope everyone has a blast at HC. One of these years I'll make it out there to join in.
Thank you so much for giving! I really appreciate it!

CG and I watched this last night, and had a blast re-living it. I particularly enjoyed the camerawork from the balcony stage left. ;)

To everyone who hasn't donated yet, remember that if you want your DVD or Blu-ray shipped before Homecoming, the deadline to get your gift in is tomorrow, 2/3. Any gifts made after that are still welcome (the final deadline is 2/17), you'll just have to wait a couple of weeks before Jonicont can ship your discs.

Thanks again!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Finally remembered to sit down and do this tonight. Thanks for putting it together. I work in the nonprofit space myself, so I know how meaningful things like this are to organizations. Hope everyone has a blast at HC. One of these years I'll make it out there to join in.
Slacker :D :D

Yeah, what Uncle Rickey said. Thanks so much.

BTW--We're just a couple of bucks shy of $7000!!! $500 to hit last years total. Let's do this
Always go to the show

thedudeabides

Re: 2017 Nuci's DVD/Blu-Ray Offer: 1ST DEADLINE APPROACHING

Post by thedudeabides »

Done. I almost forgot to make my donation. Thanks for the reminder email today Jonicont. Nuci's is a special place and I am happy to do my part.