2017 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Nuci's DVD/Blu-Ray Offer: LAST CALL

Post by Jonicont »

Here we are. 4 more days left to make a donation. Thanks to everyone for making this our most successful fundraiser yet. We'll have a final tally in a few weeks. Once again, we will be streaming all 3 nights of homecoming here http://ustre.am/Jmng Thanks again

See ya at the ROCK SHOW
Always go to the show

heathenstill81

Post by heathenstill81 »

Thanks so much!

Donated.
I would prefer the DVD.

Thanks again, guys, and I hope I'm following Sarah's instructions properly.

See you at the rock show!

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Thanks for donating, heathenstill81. I'll email you with instructions about the DVD.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

So what was the grand total?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

armPitt wrote:So what was the grand total?
$9,700
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Grandpa (my f-in-law) and I are drinking tequila and finally watching the dvd's

Just trying to relive last weekend.

How many days till Homecoming 2018!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

With Homecoming 2017 now a warm memory, I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to this community for your incredible support of Nuci’s Space. Our DVD fundraiser pulled in higher numbers than ever before, as 185 donors contributed a total of $9,105 for a copy of that killer Richmond show. Extra-special thanks go to Jonicont and CooleyGirl for their tireless administrative support of that drive. Additionally, the raffle at the Homecoming Hangout on Friday raised $255, and we collected another $340 in cash donations to Nuci’s over the weekend. Then on Saturday the chili cook-off raised $877, and Sh*t Shot’s stickers brought in $189. And of course the auction itself was another great success, as Nuci’s raised a total of $6,767 (of which over $4,000 came from 3DD members!). Incredible.

I’m so thankful for all of you. It’s heartwarming to be part of this community. We showed out better than ever, for a worthy cause that needs us now more than ever. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Markalanbishop

Re: 2017 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Post by Markalanbishop »

^^^On a personal note, it's so rewarding and so cool for me to have become a part of the 3DD community and this cause. Five years ago I didn't know any of y'all and now I've got all these new brothers and sisters to talk to, hang out and party with. I'm incredibly proud to be involved with Nuci's Space--thanks to you guys. Every year I pull in to Athens on Thursday, drive straight to Nuci's and write a check. It's become my little personal ritual and always starts the weekend out right. Rock on, motherfuckers, see you at the Rock Show!
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Flea

Post by Flea »

If we are descending into sappy circle jerk territory, I'll repeat what I said in Athens: all y'all are the smartest, nicest, and craziest collective of motherfuckers I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Now it's dark.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Flea wrote:If we are descending into sappy circle jerk territory, I'll repeat what I said in Athens: all y'all are the smartest, nicest, and craziest collective of motherfuckers I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
This is one circle jerk I'll join. Right on the money Flea.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ramonz wrote:This is one circle jerk I'll join.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, jonicont for banning pictures.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The first time I went to Homecoming in 2009 the Nuci's Space aspect was talked about and the auction was fairly well attended but it was nowhere near the level it is today. Homecoming has become about Nuci's Space as much as it's about fellowship, celebrations and Rock Shows. Adding that element of service to a great event has elevated it from a great time to something I'm proud to attend and seeing the totals every year is a highlight and a call to see how much better we can do next year. Kudos to everyone on their contributions.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

litdimly

Post by litdimly »

I'm in awe of all you smart, talented folks who contributed items to the auction. I was the winning bidder on a couple of items including a digitally enhanced photograph mounted on foam board that I am absolutely in love with. I would like to contact the artist but I neglected to take down the name. I think it was Robert something but I may be completely off. If anyone knows and can pass the contact info along, I'd appreciate it.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

litdimly wrote:I'm in awe of all you smart, talented folks who contributed items to the auction. I was the winning bidder on a couple of items including a digitally enhanced photograph mounted on foam board that I am absolutely in love with. I would like to contact the artist but I neglected to take down the name. I think it was Robert something but I may be completely off. If anyone knows and can pass the contact info along, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you again, everyone! I'm proud to be a part of this fundraiser each year. We just keep getting better and better. Keep up the fantastic work!

litdimly, I'll send you a message about the photo.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood