Wes Freed & DBT art/Jyl Freed

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Daddy_played_poker

Wes Freed & DBT art/Jyl Freed

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

Earlier post by Wes Freed from DBT Facebook group:
"Hey y'all, Jyl's having a bit of an ''online yard sale''. She's got some old DBT stuff, originals from record booklets, posters , sketches for covers, alternate versions, etc. Drop her a line at- thedixiebutcher@gmail.com and see what there is to see. Thanks!-Wes"

This opportunity came at a good time for me and I was able to make a quick road trip to Richmond from NC. Jyl Freed was an amazing hostess who shared stories, tasty coffee, access to this awesome art work and personally valid artifacts within my limited budget. If you have the means you do not want to pass up the chance to visit and/or purchase some of these items. It is going to a great cause!! I was able to pick up a few small original watercolor pieces ("blood splattered in the sink" scene from Aftermath video, "100 K Drive-by Trucker Facebook fans" sign, HE Athens sign that preceded the sticker) as well as a few old signs that included the names Hood, Cooley, Morgan, Isbell and Tucker. A pencil drawn sketch of "The Dirt Underneath" tour poster from Wes' sketchbook was an especially nice item. BIG thank you to Jyl for the hospitality and to Wes for this amazing work.
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."