Incredibly sad after tonight's show....

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

gerg

Re: Incredibly sad after tonight's show....

Post by gerg »

Didn't one of them effectively say good riddance to Trump supporters on CBS or one of the promo appearances? Like there is nothing to discuss; if you support him we don't really want you at our shows? Did that happen or am I imagining that?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

gerg wrote:Didn't one of them effectively say good riddance to Trump supporters on CBS or one of the promo appearances? Like there is nothing to discuss; if you support him we don't really want you at our shows? Did that happen or am I imagining that?
gerg!! Great to see you! Stick around why dontcha?

Yes, Hood and Cooley have made at least a couple of comments to that effect.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

gerg

Post by gerg »

beantownbubba wrote:
gerg wrote:Didn't one of them effectively say good riddance to Trump supporters on CBS or one of the promo appearances? Like there is nothing to discuss; if you support him we don't really want you at our shows? Did that happen or am I imagining that?

Hiya bubs! Good to see you, too. Always nice to read your thoughtful perspective on things.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:

Might have bothered me if I was a Trump supporter.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Except the auther of this thred wasn't a Trump supporter. If everybody that didn't vote for Clinton is considerd a Trump supporter then we as a nation are even further apart than I relized.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Swamp wrote:
Except the auther of this thred wasn't a Trump supporter. If everybody that didn't vote for Clinton is considerd a Trump supporter then we as a nation are even further apart than I relized.
Plus I wouldn't care for those odds. In a fight like that, you lose even if you win.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I welcome songs like that, where you can relax for a moment from the incessant head banging/nodding and just enjoy the writing and musicianship.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Smitty wrote:I welcome songs like that, where you can relax for a moment from the incessant head banging/nodding and just enjoy the writing and musicianship.
Songs like what?

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Damn am I ever late to the party... haha I've thoroughly appreciated the fact we all seem to be able to agree to disagree around here. Thanks for the good read.

Bravos, if you're even still reading this, I heard ya brother. My politics don't quite line up with the band's, and if I had been at a show where they were railing against us conservative folks I would feel a bit put off. The advice I'll give you is that just like when you get into an argument with an old friend don't let the wound fester, do what you can to heal it. I sorta figured that things would get a little too political this round, but when in doubt, order another PBR and sing along to Zip City as loud as you can. See ya at the rock show.
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

beantownbubba wrote:
Smitty wrote:I welcome songs like that, where you can relax for a moment from the incessant head banging/nodding and just enjoy the writing and musicianship.
Songs like what?
Just a guess, but maybe he was responding to phungi's post on this thread: Re: SOTW 149 - First Air of Autumn

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

ramonz wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Songs like what?
Just a guess, but maybe he was responding to phungi's post on this thread: Re: SOTW 149 - First Air of Autumn
Yep, I btb'd ;)
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Smitty wrote:Yep, I btb'd ;)
:lol: :lol: That brings me back a ways.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Swamp wrote:
Except the auther of this thred wasn't a Trump supporter. If everybody that didn't vote for Clinton is considerd a Trump supporter then we as a nation are even further apart than I realized.
Plus I wouldn't care for those odds. In a fight like that, you lose even if you win.
sometimes?
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

John A Arkansawyer

Swamp wrote:
Swamp wrote:If everybody that didn't vote for Clinton is considerd a Trump supporter then we as a nation are even further apart than I realized.
sometimes?
Maybe. I don't know. I think there are fights you take on no matter what and fights so destructive you avoid them at any cost. What do you do when they're the same thing? Win? Yeah, sure. Losing sucks. But I need a better answer.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Swamp wrote:
sometimes?
Maybe. I don't know. I think there are fights you take on no matter what and fights so destructive you avoid them at any cost. What do you do when they're the same thing? Win? Yeah, sure. Losing sucks. But I need a better answer.
But is that the correct response considering the toothpick effect?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Saw this quote from P. Hood making the rounds on FB today. Seems apropos to this thread.
"Then I’m part of this band that tours. My job is to take the songs we’ve got - old and new - and build a show that showcases our new record and take it out there to the people town to town and play every night like it’s the last show we’ll ever get to play. That’s what my responsibility to the audience is. It’s not in what I write or what I say. People say “Shut up and sing?” I say, “Fuck yourself.” Nobody tells me what the fuck I can’t say or do. You don’t like it? Don’t come - that’s fine. That’s not my concern. I suspect I’ll survive as a touring musician anyway. So don’t be an asshole. [laughs] But what I do owe you, is that I’m going to go up on stage and I’m going to fucking give it my all. If I’m tired, you’re not going to know. If I feel bad or have a cold - unless it’s just to the point where my voice is gone - you’re not gonna know. We almost never cancel shows. We play no matter what the weather is or how we feel. We get up there and we rock balls for two hours-plus. We’re good at our jobs. It’s a hell of a show and it’s better right now than it’s ever been."
Hell, yes.
If you don't run you rust

Clams's friend Deb

Post by Clams's friend Deb »

He's right on all counts. Go ahead on, Patterson!

John A Arkansawyer

Swamp wrote:
Swamp wrote:sometimes?
But is that the correct response considering the toothpick effect?
You know, a man who rides the bus occasionally tried to tell me and a bunch of the ladies I ride with (some folks ride with Dre; I ride with ladies on the bus) an Arkansas toothpick was a raccoon's penis bone. I of course knew better, as my dad brought his humongous collection of said bones (more cartilage, I am now told, than bone) stapled onto a big piece of plywood to my Boy Scout meetings many times, for the grown men to discuss and we youngsters to--well, I don't know, and doubt anyone does.

But I do know that in countless conversations about raccoons' penis bones, some with fellow Arkansawyers and some here in Arkansas, I have never heard them called Arkansas toothpicks.

Someone may call them that, but I don't know who.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

You know, a man who rides the bus occasionally tried to tell me and a bunch of the ladies I ride with (some folks ride with Dre; I ride with ladies on the bus) an Arkansas toothpick was a raccoon's penis bone. I of course knew better, as my dad brought his humongous collection of said bones (more cartilage, I am now told, than bone) stapled onto a big piece of plywood to my Boy Scout meetings many times, for the grown men to discuss and we youngsters to--well, I don't know, and doubt anyone does.

But I do know that in countless conversations about raccoons' penis bones, some with fellow Arkansawyers and some here in Arkansas, I have never heard them called Arkansas toothpicks.

In other words you aint got the answer either.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Quite a few beasties have wiener bones. Dogs do. The name is the os penis.
Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I'm in Little Rock. I'll ask around.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

In an alternate universe somewhere....

"And this week on Kasey Kasem's top 40 the hot new band Drive by Truckers and their scorching new single 'Arkansas Toothpick!'"

John A Arkansawyer

Swamp wrote:

In other words you aint got the answer either.
But I filibuster and bullshit with the truth pretty damn well when I don't.

What is the toothpick effect? It's a new one on me. I probably don't have the answer, but I'd like to at least know which question I don't have the answer to. I'm not, technically, too old to learn.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

sometimes I feel as if some of you are posting in Esperanto.......
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Flea

Post by Flea »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:sometimes I feel as if some of you are posting in Esperanto.......
What is the difference between a baboon?
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

how many surrealists does it takes to screw in a light bulb?

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:how many surrealists does it takes to screw in a light bulb?

How many deadheads does it take to change a lightbulb?
Keep calm and have a cigar

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

with lesbians it depends on the twattage

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:how many surrealists does it takes to screw in a light bulb?

How many deadheads does it take to change a lightbulb?
if I only had a dollar for every time I heard that one :lol: