Incredibly sad after tonight's show....

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: Incredibly sad after tonight's show....

Post by Zip City »

Spoken truly by someone whose life will not be affected by Trump's reign of terror. I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to show a little concern for those whose will?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Zip City wrote:Spoken truly by someone whose life will not be affected by Trump's reign of terror. I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to show a little concern for those whose will?
"reign of terror" :D good one

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wolf wrote:
Zip City wrote:Spoken truly by someone whose life will not be affected by Trump's reign of terror. I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to show a little concern for those whose will?
Well not for straight white rednecks. You'll be fine
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Zip City wrote:
Wolf wrote:
Well not for straight white rednecks. You'll be fine
that the best you got? 8-)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Wolf, a redneck? Got my chuckle for the evening.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf wrote:
Wolf, if you don't find a neo-Nazi group supported by the senior advisor to the president elect of the united states shouting "heil Trump" complete w/ Nazi salutes even food for thought or reason for caution then you're willfully blind for reasons you might want to examine.

Zip, if you start calling a president elect's administration a "reign of terror" before that administration has done a single thing, don't be surprised if people tune you out and don't be surprised that people treat you like Chicken Little when you actually have something of substance to say. Ummm, I think they call that crying wolf. ;) 8-)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wolf wrote:
Wolf, if you don't find a neo-Nazi group supported by the senior advisor to the president elect of the united states shouting "heil Trump" complete w/ Nazi salutes even food for thought or reason for caution then you're willfully blind for reasons you might want to examine.

Zip, if you start calling a president elect's administration a "reign of terror" before that administration has done a single thing, don't be surprised if people tune you out and don't be surprised that people treat you like Chicken Little when you actually have something of substance to say. Ummm, I think they call that crying wolf. ;) 8-)
Thanks for another chuckle btb.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:Ummm, I think they call that crying wolf. ;) 8-)
:lol:
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Swamp wrote:Thanks for another chuckle btb.
With me or at me? If at me pls explain because I don't understand.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:With me or at me? If at me pls explain because I don't understand.
I'm pretty sure it's with you. But I would have said what you said like this:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:
It's ok for Clams to laugh, but not Swamp?
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

beantownbubba wrote:
:lol: :roll:

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

what should patterson and cooley banter about on stage?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
It's ok for Clams to laugh, but not Swamp?
Sigh. I guess you either think my post is challenging swamp in some fashion when it's just a straightforward inquiry or you think that I'm applying some kind of double standard that I don't even understand. It's really pretty simple: Clams expressly referred to what he's laughing about and since I intended that to be funny I think it's a safe assumption that we're laughing for the same reason. Swamp didn't say what he was chuckling about, my post covered a couple of issues and I'm never sure if the book I'm reading from is available at swamp's local bookstore. That swamp is one enigmatic, mysterious bearded swami. I wouldn't have it any other way but I don't always understand him. This political shit is a minefield and I can't always anticipate the spin a reader might put on any given post. I recognize that asking why someone's laughing takes away from the humor, but I'd rather be sure we're on the same page, especially when it involves someone whose opinion I value.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

dime in the gutter wrote:what should patterson and cooley banter about on stage?
their vitriolic exchanges and how sophomoric they are ? ;)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I liked your post bean and I have no reason to laugh at you. While the cry wolf was true it was also funny. The devise I use to get online doesn't always let me quote just what i want to quote if that makes any sense.

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

By putting Bannon in the White House, any chance of Trump establishing any type of credibility with me is gone. This is not about the fable of Chicken Little. It is about putting an Anti-Semite in the White House who has documented statements backing up that he hates Jews. Trump's family has already engaged in discussions with World Leaders which is a violation of Presidential ethics. The reality is that more than half the people who voted in the election voted against this person.

There will be no attempt to pretend things are going to ever be normal with the election of Trump. He had an opportunity to be conciliatory with people who voted against him and it is clear he is making no attempt to do so with the selection of his cabinet and what those people represent.

The role of the Artist is not to just entertain people. It is to create art that stimulates the thinking of people. I strongly believe some great art is going to be created during the next four years.

John A Arkansawyer

Wolf wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:what should patterson and cooley banter about on stage?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Wolf wrote:
:lol:
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

I'm done with 'em, too. Haven't listened to a single song since August. Over and out.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

chickenwingpuke wrote:I'm done with 'em, too. Haven't listened to a single song since August. Over and out.
Florida Georgia Line?
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

With everything that's gone on over the last couple of weeks and what it says about the direction this country and the world are heading, imagine still having the energy to be "incredibly saddened" by something said at a rock and roll show. I'm a little envious, tbh.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

John A Arkansawyer

Duke Silver wrote:With everything that's gone on over the last couple of weeks and what it says about the direction this country and the world are heading, imagine still having the energy to be "incredibly saddened" by something said at a rock and roll show. I'm a little envious, tbh.
I get that. But then I ask myself how I would have felt if I'd shown up and seen the Black Lives Matter sign gone and heard nothing but old material and watched the boys act like whipped dogs. It would have saddened me incredibly. So while I disagree with the politics behind the sentiment, I can get why someone might feel that way.

roland

Post by roland »

I work with several gay and Black folks, who are also not fearing for their lives, so no, I'm not concerned.

That's who I'm supposed to worry about, right?

phungi

Post by phungi »

Wolf wrote:
Am I missing the message in posting this video clip, or is someone supposed to think about a certain someone while fucking someone else?
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

John A Arkansawyer

phungi wrote:
Wolf wrote:their vitriolic exchanges and how sophomoric they are ? ;)
Am I missing the message in posting this video clip,
Maybe. I was saying there's some irony in Wolf posting about sophomoric vitriol. But:
phungi wrote:or is someone supposed to think about a certain someone while fucking someone else?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

roland wrote:
I work with several gay and Black folks, who are also not fearing for their lives, so no, I'm not concerned.

And yet virtually every African-American and LGBTQ person I know is terrified. Also anyone, of any color or creed, who isn't concerned on the very real assaults on free speech in the last several days, including yesterday's "media summit", isn't paying close enough attention.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
roland wrote:

And yet virtually every African-American and LGBTQ person I know is terrified. Also anyone, of any color or creed, who isn't concerned on the very real assaults on free speech in the last several days, including yesterday's "media summit", isn't paying close enough attention.
Since the election, I've known of at least three people that are friends who were either accosted or assaulted due to the climate of hate that's been generated by Trump's presidential campaign. One friend, who is transgender, was followed and beaten. Not far from me here in North Carolina, the KKK is planning to march in celebration of the President-Elect's victory. I am deeply concerned, saddened, frustrated and angry.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

roland wrote:

There are almost 38 million African Americans in this country. The usual rule of thumb is that about 10% of the population is gay, so call that 32 million people. Let's be generous and say that you're referring to 5 of each. That's a sample size of about .00001 percent in each case, or as the geeks would say, it's not statistically significant. If that number is really 3 of one of those categories, the percentage is about .000005, which you can't find with a basic microscope. We all generalize from our own experience and that's one reason why we're all so wrong so often.

Edited once for usage.