HOMECOMING 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdamsfinlaw

Re: HOMECOMING 2017

Post by Beaverdamsfinlaw »

Beaverdam and his father in law (me) are about an hr out of Nashville heading for tonights show. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.
Be gentle this is or first homecoming
Just my reflection in my mama's tears

clayton1234

Post by clayton1234 »

Looking for an extra for Friday night. I thought I was going to be out of town but I no longer am. Will be there tonight, as this will be show 39 for me, so hoping to cross off show #40 tomorrow night! Thanks so much ya'll.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Beaverdamsfinlaw wrote:Beaverdam and his father in law (me) are about an hr out of Nashville heading for tonights show. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.

New meat!
Now it's dark.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Flea wrote:
Beaverdamsfinlaw wrote:Beaverdam and his father in law (me) are about an hr out of Nashville heading for tonights show. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.

New meat!
Abandon hope all ye who enter here. Just checked in to Courtyard--ready to rock!
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Just landed in the ATL. Athens bound. A few more Homecoming virgins decenedth.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

njMark

Post by njMark »

Rooftop bar is perfect today.

26 Mile Drive

Post by 26 Mile Drive »

I know I'm late to the party but sister who lives in Athens dropped the ball on me and I need 3 Saturdays, nothing like a last minute ZINGER!

thanks and LET THERE BE ROCK!

lynne

Post by lynne »

26 Mile Drive wrote:I know I'm late to the party but sister who lives in Athens dropped the ball on me and I need 3 Saturdays, nothing like a last minute ZINGER!

The page before this someone has 4 sat for sale.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

clayton1234 wrote:Looking for an extra for Friday night. I thought I was going to be out of town but I no longer am. Will be there tonight, as this will be show 39 for me, so hoping to cross off show #40 tomorrow night! Thanks so much ya'll.
I have an extra for Friday. Face value of course.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

26 Mile Drive

Post by 26 Mile Drive »

lynne wrote:
26 Mile Drive wrote:I know I'm late to the party but sister who lives in Athens dropped the ball on me and I need 3 Saturdays, nothing like a last minute ZINGER!

thanks for the heads up

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

Made it to the place to be thanks to Ramonz and Slip. Glad to finally be here and looking forward to putting more names with faces. :D
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

Megalops

Post by Megalops »

Hardly ever post but awesome wife got tix for fri and sat as my Christmas present. Pulling out tomorrow midday, stashing bags at hotel indigo and hitting up town. Pumped for first HC shows. See you guys at the show.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Nevermind
Last edited by Smitty on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

tylerdawgden

Post by tylerdawgden »

26 Mile Drive wrote:
lynne wrote:

thanks for the heads up
Check your PMs.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Wow, was anyone close enough to the guy who interrupted "What It Means" to have the story to share? Inquiring minds listening to the stream want to know...

Also, fuck the guy who was screaming for "Decoration Day" just prior.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Wow, was anyone close enough to the guy who interrupted "What It Means" to have the story to share? Inquiring minds listening to the stream want to know...

Also, fuck the guy who was screaming for "Decoration Day" just prior.
I didn't hear the decoration screams.

The interrupter appeared to be a young very inebriated college-age lad who muscled his way up front and knocked into a bunch of folks!

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

I've got an extra ticket for tonight up for grabs.

On a related note, if you see a 30-something girl wearing a black shirt with tattoos and clear glasses frames standing awkwardly by herself at her first ever Truckers show, feel free to say hi. I plan to be over in Cooleyville.
A girl as plain as a primer coat

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Setlist anyone?

Seen some vids pop up on the youtube but still waiting on a full setlist.

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

I didn't write down set list but some the notables- Tales facing up , My Sweet Annette, ooh La La (Faces cover) , and Gimme Sone Truth (John Lennon) - which I know they've been playing but it was my first time hearing

tylerdawgden

Post by tylerdawgden »

Still have those four for tomorrow night. I plan on hitting Transmet for a bit before I have to get back to work.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blueridgehiker wrote:I've got an extra ticket for tonight up for grabs.

On a related note, if you see a 30-something girl wearing a black shirt with tattoos and clear glasses frames standing awkwardly by herself at her first ever Truckers show, feel free to say hi. I plan to be over in Cooleyville.
If you're in town you should go to the homecoming hangout (see separate thread). If not, if you want a good spot in cooleyville you'll have to line up early and your biggest problem will be remembering all the names of your new buddies. Plan C, you'll probably recognize some 3dder from a pic on here. Just say hello and you'll be all set from there. Worst case, there's usually a few of us over by the former tiki bar (the small bar stage right) and we're pretty easy to spot. As far as I know, we haven't bitten anyone yet. At least not this year.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

beantownbubba wrote:

If you're in town you should go to the homecoming hangout (see separate thread). If not, if you want a good spot in cooleyville you'll have to line up early and your biggest problem will be remembering all the names of your new buddies. Plan C, you'll probably recognize some 3dder from a pic on here. Just say hello and you'll be all set from there. Worst case, there's usually a few of us over by the former tiki bar (the small bar stage right) and we're pretty easy to spot. As far as I know, we haven't bitten anyone yet. At least not this year.
Thanks beantown! I'm about to hit the road and live a little over 2 hours away, so I'll try and catch the tail end of the hangout!!

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:

I bit Clams last night, but it was his fault.
Now it's dark.

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

Flea wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
If you broke skin, just pour some tequila on it and it'll be fine.

Flea

Post by Flea »

blueridgehiker wrote:
Flea wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
If you broke skin, just pour some tequila on it and it'll be fine.
I like the way you talk.
Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Flea wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Clams has a pretty tough exterior...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I took one for the team last night. My right ear absorbed 28% of the sound coming from the lower speaker in Cooleyville & spared the rest of you HeAthens additional deafness. You're welcome.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

1. Big crowd last night.
2. Patterson kicked some asshole out during What It Means.
3. I finally got to hear DBT do Ohh La La.
4. Show was fantastic.
5. I over indulged on numerous substances last night. Plan for tonight is not to do that again.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote: 5. I over indulged on numerous substances last night. Plan for tonight is not to do that again.
The best laid plans...
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Slipkid42 wrote:I took one for the team last night. My right ear absorbed 28% of the sound coming from the lower speaker in Cooleyville & spared the rest of you HeAthens additional deafness. You're welcome.
What?
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.