HOMECOMING 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: HOMECOMING 2017

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

uncle rickey wrote:Tix are officially onsale! Just bought our 2 for all 3 nights! Woo hoo!
x2 although not being able to put the tickets on one transaction was a little odd.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Tequila Cowboy wrote: not being able to put the tickets on one transaction was a little odd.
Yeah, it's been like that since they moved from frontgate to ticketstoday. Annoying.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

The presale was so painless this year. Nothing like years past like last year when Saturday's presale was "sold out" 3 seconds after going up for sale :lol:
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

Got my ticket for each night... let the countdown begin.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:Tix are officially onsale! Just bought our 2 for all 3 nights! Woo hoo!
x2 although not being able to put the tickets on one transaction was a little odd.
Agree to that. Nevertheless, tickets purchased.

Woohoo! (for Bubba)
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:The presale was so painless this year. Nothing like years past like last year when Saturday's presale was "sold out" 3 seconds after going up for sale :lol:
That's why I purchased Sat first.
Now it's dark.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm always tempted to buy about 5 extra Saturday night tickets and sell them for face plus a $10 Nuci's Space donation. That's a guaranteed $50 in Nuci's Space pockets.

lynne

Post by lynne »

Wow that was surprisingly easy, with the exception of having to purchase each night individually. I guess in the scheme of things that was only a minor annoyance because I have all 3 nights covered.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

IN..purchased all three nights, and yes it is a pain doing one night at a time, but that is how this goes...one night at a time....and always buy Saturday first... Friday..then Thursday
SEE YOU AT THE RAWK SHOW

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

bnzz wrote:IN..purchased all three nights, and yes it is a pain doing one night at a time, but that is how this goes...one night at a time....and always buy Saturday first... Friday..then Thursday
SEE YOU AT THE RAWK SHOW
Ooops. Apparently I did it in the wrong order. Fri - Sat - Thur
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Eem

Post by Eem »

Longtime lurker. Longer-time fan. First homecoming. Me and three buddies are making the trek down from Philadelphia. Most money I've ever spent for a raging hangover.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Just went to buy and it says SAT is sold out. Guessing (hoping) that's just some sort of pre-sale thing going on....

EDIT - looks like we need to head to 40 Watt site at 10am on 10/21 to make SAT a reality.
Last edited by ramonz on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

ramonz wrote:Just went to buy and it says SAT is sold out. Guessing (hoping) that's just some sort of pre-sale thing going on....
40Watt website has the tickets going on sale on friday.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

lynne

Post by lynne »

Eem wrote:Longtime lurker. Longer-time fan. First homecoming. Me and three buddies are making the trek down from Philadelphia. Most money I've ever spent for a raging hangover.
There is an excellent Philly area collection of DBT fans. Are you coming to the Philly show?

Eem

Post by Eem »

lynne wrote:
Eem wrote:Longtime lurker. Longer-time fan. First homecoming. Me and three buddies are making the trek down from Philadelphia. Most money I've ever spent for a raging hangover.
There is an excellent Philly area collection of DBT fans. Are you coming to the Philly show?
Absolutely. Looking forward to a fired-up band after a positive election night...

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

You will have no regrets
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

1. Beantownbubba
2. Tequila Cowboy
3. Lurleen McQueen
4. Kevidently
5. Ramonz
6. Brett27295
7. Uncle Rickey
8. Cooleygirl
9. Phungi
10. Schlanky
11. Pearlbeer
12. LBRod
13. Flea
14. Jonicont
15. Headhunter
16. Bill in CT
17. Markalanbishop
18. Big Tom
19. RolanK
20. Smitty & LaDonna
21. Pickle
22. One Belt Loop
23. Beaverdam
24. Wordmeester
25. GW in IA
26. Drifter
27. Lynne
28. Bogart
29. GuitarManUpstairs
30. Bnzz
31. Eem
Always go to the show

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

26. Drifter
:D

Always excited to see Drifter on board.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

I'm picturing a sea of pickle lighters held aloft in all their flaming glory. I know RMD and I already bought ours :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/Lighters-Pickle- ... B01ENWP0AA
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Just went to buy tickets. Friday and Sat are sold out???
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

pearlbeer wrote:Just went to buy tickets. Friday and Sat are sold out???
For the presale. Tickets through the 40 Watt on sale on Friday.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Cannot wait to see everyone!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Ticket for thursday, anyway. I'm usually on the other side of the "the presale is already sold out, wtf?" reaction, but not this year. On either side of it, I still don't understand the math, economics or business of it but since the shows aren't til february i guess i can manage to wait until friday to get my tix for the other 2 nites. And no, I don't understand the you have to buy each nite separately thing either. <shrug>

So I guess that's a "woo" instead of a full throated "woohoo." For now.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Looks like our 7 year run comes to an end this year. In past years the rock gods have colluded with the hockey gods and I have been able to avoid missing more than one of my boy's games when we go away. Different story this year, major hockey tourney scheduled for that weekend and this looks like the year his team is going to kick all kinds of ass. The only thing that brings me more joy than DBT Homecoming is watching the lad play the game he loves.

All that said, I will hang on to a sliver of hope that it somehow works out. We do have a room booked at the Foundry. If I was to get tickets, anybody know if it is difficult to transfer will call tickets if we cant use them?
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blessedcurse wrote:Looks like our 7 year run comes to an end this year. In past years the rock gods have colluded with the hockey gods and I have been able to avoid missing more than one of my boy's games when we go away. Different story this year, major hockey tourney scheduled for that weekend and this looks like the year his team is going to kick all kinds of ass. The only thing that brings me more joy than DBT Homecoming is watching the lad play the game he loves.

All that said, I will hang on to a sliver of hope that it somehow works out. We do have a room booked at the Foundry. If I was to get tickets, anybody know if it is difficult to transfer will call tickets if we cant use them?
It's probably easier to transfer the hockey tournament. No. Not true. It used to be hard, but it's pretty easy these days. You just gotta call the right number and authorize somebody else to pick up the tix. But seriously, think about transferring the tournament. We need you in athens. Do they even have ice hockey in Athens, eh? How the fuck should I know, eh? They did have alleged pro hockey in Atlanta once. Given the weather in recent years we can probably convert somebody's backyard w/ a garden hose. Too bad Athens Joe moved.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

I'm right there with ya Bubba, In for Thursday at least. Somebody text me Friday to remind me to get the other 2 nights. ;)
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

lynne

Post by lynne »

beantownbubba wrote:
blessedcurse wrote:Looks like our 7 year run comes to an end this year. In past years the rock gods have colluded with the hockey gods and I have been able to avoid missing more than one of my boy's games when we go away. Different story this year, major hockey tourney scheduled for that weekend and this looks like the year his team is going to kick all kinds of ass. The only thing that brings me more joy than DBT Homecoming is watching the lad play the game he loves.

It's probably easier to transfer the hockey tournament. No. Not true. It used to be hard, but it's pretty easy these days. You just gotta call the right number and authorize somebody else to pick up the tix. But seriously, think about transferring the tournament. We need you in athens. Do they even have ice hockey in Athens, eh? How the fuck should I know, eh? They did have alleged pro hockey in Atlanta once. Given the weather in recent years we can probably convert somebody's backyard w/ a garden hose. Too bad Athens Joe moved.
Not out of luck...Joe is back in Athens. Another of my favorite reasons to visit, just love that guy!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

lynne wrote:Not out of luck...Joe is back in Athens. Another of my favorite reasons to visit, just love that guy!
Obviously did not know that. Assuming the move is for all good reasons, yes, definitely excellent news; a local institution. Does this mean I need to adjust my plans for Friday afternoon? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>

lynne

Post by lynne »

beantownbubba wrote:
lynne wrote:Not out of luck...Joe is back in Athens. Another of my favorite reasons to visit, just love that guy!
Obviously did not know that. Assuming the move is for all good reasons, yes, definitely excellent news; a local institution. Does this mean I need to adjust my plans for Friday afternoon? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>
Nope, there is enough of me to love all my favorite guys!

Clams

Post by Clams »

lynne wrote:
There is an excellent Philly area collection of DBT fans.
Eh.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck