American Band video

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

American Band video

Post by Clams »

This deserves its own thread. The whole album in its entirety, recorded live in Portland, via NPR. So good.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/49668976 ... rican-band
If you don't run you rust

FreeFall

Re: American Band video

Post by FreeFall »

Clams wrote:This deserves its own thread. The whole album in its entirety, recorded live in Portland, via NPR. So good.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/49668976 ... rican-band
Indeed Clams!! And kudos to the sound engineers too.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I only got to see bits and pieces of this. Anyone know how long this will be available? LOVED what I saw. Hopefully someone archived this...
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Only had time to watch the first song last night but it sounded GREAT. Can't wait to watch the rest this weekend.

Looks like Hiss Golden Messenger is doing one tomorrow.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

This was a damn good presentation of the new album. The more they play these songs the better they get. This set will probably replace my playing the studio album. I mean I love the album but these songs are something else in their live and further maturing state.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Barbe flew out and did the sound
Always go to the show

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

watched the whole thing last night. Not your typical rock show but a fantastic presentation of the new material and the picture and sound quality were both fantastic. The new material plays so damn well live.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

This looks and sounds incredible.

I have a feeling I will be revisiting this often.

Cooley: "This is as close as I've ever come to a power ballad. I'm still workin' on it..."
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Clams

Post by Clams »

I loved What It Means and I thought Patterson's intro really added to the song. I also really loved Cooley's version of Banned Imagine and I think it comes right from Neil Young's Harvest songbook. The video is really helpful for figuring out who's playing the different guitar parts. Ditto what everyone has said about the phenomenal audio and video quality. Anyone know if there's a way to download the audio?

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

This is all around tremendous
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Clams wrote:I loved What It Means and I thought Patterson's intro really added to the song. I also really loved Cooley's version of Banned Imagine and I think it comes right from Neil Young's Harvest songbook. The video is really helpful for figuring out who's playing the different guitar parts. Ditto what everyone has said about the phenomenal audio and video quality. Anyone know if there's a way to download the audio?
Clams....i sent you a love letter.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

potatoeater wrote:
Clams wrote:I loved What It Means and I thought Patterson's intro really added to the song. I also really loved Cooley's version of Banned Imagine and I think it comes right from Neil Young's Harvest songbook. The video is really helpful for figuring out who's playing the different guitar parts. Ditto what everyone has said about the phenomenal audio and video quality. Anyone know if there's a way to download the audio?
Clams....i sent you a love letter.
Clams n' taters - mmm mmmmm good. Got the makings of a fine chowder.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

My favorite moment is right at the end of KH. They cut to Brad and he's staring down Cooley with his eyes wide open and I can tell he's thinking, oh shit, we're about to fuck up the ending. Meanwhile, Patterson's staring down Brad thinking the same thing. I've had that same experience more than once. So funny, so human. God bless DBT.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

another moment....

during casiano...one of the bullet lines makes patterson smile. he must be reading 3dd.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

beantownbubba wrote: Clams n' taters - mmm mmmmm good. Got the makings of a fine chowder.
Manhattan style, I presume.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

beantownbubba wrote: Clams n' taters - mmm mmmmm good. Got the makings of a fine chowder.
:lol:

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

I believe that is a Johnny Marr signature Jag Patterson is playing on F&F.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Yaz Rock

Post by Yaz Rock »

Audio can be downloaded at OPB's Soundcloud Page https://soundcloud.com/opbmusic/sets/dr ... rs-live-at

(Found the link at http://www.opb.org/opbmusic/series/sess ... ve-at-opb/ so it should be OK to post here on the forum too).

You have to mouse-over the song titles to see the download links. Looks like you have to submit an email address or have a Souncloud account in order to do so however. If there's any streaming audio I ever want to copy off the internet for myself, I just open up a program like Wavepad and hit record as if I'm recording a radio show the old-fashioned way, and save it to my desktop when it's done playing.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Yaz Rock wrote:Audio can be downloaded at OPB's Soundcloud Page https://soundcloud.com/opbmusic/sets/dr ... rs-live-at

(Found the link at http://www.opb.org/opbmusic/series/sess ... ve-at-opb/ so it should be OK to post here on the forum too).

You have to mouse-over the song titles to see the download links. Looks like you have to submit an email address or have a Souncloud account in order to do so however. If there's any streaming audio I ever want to copy off the internet for myself, I just open up a program like Wavepad and hit record as if I'm recording a radio show the old-fashioned way, and save it to my desktop when it's done playing.
Yea there are a lot of different methods. That method, which I somtimes use but in GoldWave, is vulnerable to recording any glitches in the stream though. Frame drops, buffers, etc. Capturing the actual transport stream is the most reliable method. A program such as Replay Media Catcher is ideal. There is also a pretty good plugin for Firefox called Video Download Helper that can captute many audio and video content from webpages.