January-February 2017 Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Re: January-February 2017 Tour Dates

Post by Beaverdam »

I know very little about St. Louis (only passed through), but I don't live too far from there now. My wife and kids are in Disney World the weekend of the St. Louis show, so I'm considering going!

chitowntrucker

Post by chitowntrucker »

Beaverdam wrote:I know very little about St. Louis (only passed through), but I don't live too far from there now. My wife and kids are in Disney World the weekend of the St. Louis show, so I'm considering going!
The Pageant is a great venue, DBT plays there about once a year for the last few years. Perfect size (if not a little big) for them. Great sight lines, easy to move around, get a drink, use the bathroom etc...and the sound is pretty solid as well.
Venue is in a fun part of town called the DelMar Loop with some bars and restaurants that are good for pre and post show drinks and eats.

Always go to the show!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:I know very little about St. Louis (only passed through), but I don't live too far from there now. My wife and kids are in Disney World the weekend of the St. Louis show, so I'm considering going!
The Pageant is one of my favorite venues. You can get in early by gathering in the side bar where you you can bring in any food from the area restaurants. I dream about Pi Pizza just across the street. The Moonrise Hotel is right next door and is a nice place to stay when the rates are decent.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Thanks for the St. Louis advice.

I just realized the show is on Friday. I was thinking it was Saturday. Making the show got a lot less feasible, but we'll see!

Beaverdamsfinlaw

Post by Beaverdamsfinlaw »

Anybody going to the St.Louis show?
Just my reflection in my mama's tears

chitowntrucker

Post by chitowntrucker »

Beaverdamsfinlaw wrote:Anybody going to the St.Louis show?

IN for the Pageant
(and the Vic)

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I am in need of a rock show in the worst way. Friday can't get here soon enough.

Beaverdamsfinlaw

Post by Beaverdamsfinlaw »

Need it bad, be there Friday.
Got the Jones for it
Just my reflection in my mama's tears

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdamsfinlaw wrote:Need it bad, be there Friday.
Got the Jones for it
It's a family affaaaair, it's a family affair...
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RMD

Post by RMD »

Webster Hall show, NYC. on Feb. 11th. I noticed it states in the Grand Ballroom, doors @ 7:00, show @ 8:00. But looking at the Webster Hall website it shows some other dj or dance party deal in the Grand Ballroom @ 10:00. So are we getting a short show? If you include the opener it looks that way. And that blows. Seems to me everytime DBT plays NYC they end up doing shorter sets than the rest of the tour. ????

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

I'm pretty sure that dance thing isn't until 11 but yes, don't expect a marathon. When the show was announced there was no opening act named and I wish it had stayed that way.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

RMD wrote:Webster Hall show, NYC. on Feb. 11th. I noticed it states in the Grand Ballroom, doors @ 7:00, show @ 8:00. But looking at the Webster Hall website it shows some other dj or dance party deal in the Grand Ballroom @ 10:00. So are we getting a short show? If you include the opener it looks that way. And that blows. Seems to me everytime DBT plays NYC they end up doing shorter sets than the rest of the tour. ????
Just spoke to Webster Hall. The dance party, which is indeed in the same room (Grand Ballroom) as DBT, actually doesn't start until midnight, BUT the doors to the lower level opens at 10, and DBT MUST be done by 11 PM so they can turn the room over. So, if they go on at 9:00, then 2 hours is the max length for the the show. (Fart sound).
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Received a text......Jason onstage with DBT tonight in Nashville.

RMD

Post by RMD »

glennrwordman wrote:
RMD wrote:Webster Hall show, NYC. on Feb. 11th. I noticed it states in the Grand Ballroom, doors @ 7:00, show @ 8:00. But looking at the Webster Hall website it shows some other dj or dance party deal in the Grand Ballroom @ 10:00. So are we getting a short show? If you include the opener it looks that way. And that blows. Seems to me everytime DBT plays NYC they end up doing shorter sets than the rest of the tour. ????
Just spoke to Webster Hall. The dance party, which is indeed in the same room (Grand Ballroom) as DBT, actually doesn't start until midnight, BUT the doors to the lower level opens at 10, and DBT MUST be done by 11 PM so they can turn the room over. So, if they go on at 9:00, then 2 hours is the max length for the the show. (Fart sound).
Yep. Again to my point, NYC being a major market, and DBT has really never done, in recent memory, a big 32 song type of blow-out show. The Beacon show was pretty short, all those shared bills at Terminal 5, etc. I just do not understand it.

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

chitowntrucker wrote:

IN for the Pageant
(and the Vic)
In for tonights show at the Pageant. Makes it 6 of last 8 years at one of my favorite venues. Anyone making a setlist or do I need to?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

BB Coach wrote:
chitowntrucker wrote:

IN for the Pageant
(and the Vic)
In for tonights show at the Pageant. Makes it 6 of last 8 years at one of my favorite venues. Anyone making a setlist or do I need to?
Please do. I'm not sure who is going that usually takes a setlist. Oh and have fun. One of my favorite venues as well. I can almost taste the Pi Pizza!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

glennrwordman wrote:
Seriously? This bullshit again? Damn, it's starting to piss me off. I put a lot of time, effort, energy and money into getting to out of town shows and this kind of thing really sucks. Worse, I can't understand why it continues to happen. How hard can it be to start earlier, cut the opening act or at least shorten the opening set or at the very least put the curfew in the show announcement? Plus this does nothing for my credibility w/ people I entice to the shows, whether or not I pay for their tickets. Very, very disappointed and will have to be a little less enthusiastic about jumping on out of town shows. Speaking of which, anyone know if there are any curfew issues at either tipitina's or the 930 club in April?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

To the best of my knowledge Tipitina's does not, but I've never been. Beth says good things and shit, it's New Orleans. We're vacationing there in March and then back for the shows in April. Can't wait.

gepman

Post by gepman »

beantownbubba wrote:
glennrwordman wrote:
Seriously? This bullshit again? Damn, it's starting to piss me off. I put a lot of time, effort, energy and money into getting to out of town shows and this kind of thing really sucks. Worse, I can't understand why it continues to happen. How hard can it be to start earlier, cut the opening act or at least shorten the opening set or at the very least put the curfew in the show announcement? Plus this does nothing for my credibility w/ people I entice to the shows, whether or not I pay for their tickets. Very, very disappointed and will have to be a little less enthusiastic about jumping on out of town shows. Speaking of which, anyone know if there are any curfew issues at either tipitina's or the 930 club in April?
If last year's March show at 930 Club are any indication, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Both shows clocked in at around 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 hours with about 30 songs each (a few more on the second night)... Shows generally end between 12:30 and 1am (from past experience)...

RMD

Post by RMD »

^^^Will not happen in NYC. We'll get an 1-1/2 at best. Big market, do not understand it.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

This is why I wish they wouldn't play Webster Hall when they come to NYC. I have seen them do some epic shows in NYC in the past such as the setlists I have linked to below.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/drive-by- ... d65f1.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/drive-by- ... ff1e4.html
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

What about the Westbury show in BOC land? Will they play a full set and what is the place like? We're catching both when we're in the area and if one HAS to be shortened, Sat. works better for us since we fly out early the next day.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

roryg81 wrote:What about the Westbury show in BOC land? Will they play a full set and what is the place like? We're catching both when we're in the area and if one HAS to be shortened, Sat. works better for us since we fly out early the next day.
Decent sound on the floor, curfew midnight IIRC, beverages are pricy (it's Long Island). See ya there
Always go to the show

adavici

Post by adavici »

Glad to see the Detroit show is at back at the Majestic this time, not the Royal Oak Music Theater again.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

beantownbubba wrote:IN:

Boston
Long Island
NYC
i am in for Boston. don't have to travel for work.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:IN:

Boston
Long Island
NYC
i am in for Boston. don't have to travel for work.
One week from tonite the rock show comes to Boston!!! Feels like this has been on the calendar for about 18 months, lol, but whatever, it's finally here.

Glad you worked that out, tin. I guess I'll see u in NYC as well though I had to bail on LI.

I guess I'll start a show thread for Boston. Anyone know whether any of the old timers like Bold 99 and that whole crew be there?