January-February 2017 Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: January-February 2017 Tour Dates

Post by beantownbubba »

LagoonField wrote:If the hotels in Athens fill up for a possible overlapping DBT Homecoming and University of Georgia Parent's Weekend, then as a fund raiser Nuci's Space could open up their parking lot for a Heathen's Homecoming Camp Out.

It could be like a mini version of a Drive By Trucker themed music festival. We could roll in a shower truck and a couple nice port-a-pottys (one for the guys and one for the gals), and I'm sure 3DD has a couple of great cooks and a few bartenders. Jittery Joe's could provide industrial strength coffee and bagels in the mornings (not too early).

We could run a van back to the campsite from the 40 Watt about 2 AM each morning with the survivors.

We could use the Pickle for the ceremonial lighting of the Heathen's campfire each evening.
Not necessarily my thing but I love the idea. I'd come and hang out for sure though I'd probably prefer a hotel room in atlanta lol.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

IN:

Boston
Long Island
NYC

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:IN:

Boston
Long Island
NYC
You're a wildman. Homecoming too?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

"The Royale? Webster Hall? Nice. The boys are moving up in the world. Seems sort of appropriate that Webster Hall is where I first saw Prince, lo these many decades ago."

Hey, Bubba, I was at that same Prince show! It was the night after John Lennon got shot.

Truth be told, though, the Truckers are not new to Webster Hall. I've seen them there twice. The first time was the last time I saw them with Jason, and my memories is of a rather doleful set by a band that looked less than happy. The second time was one of my favorite shows, coinciding with the release of "The Big To-Do."

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Whispering Pines wrote:"The Royale? Webster Hall? Nice. The boys are moving up in the world. Seems sort of appropriate that Webster Hall is where I first saw Prince, lo these many decades ago."

Hey, Bubba, I was at that same Prince show! It was the night after John Lennon got shot.

Truth be told, though, the Truckers are not new to Webster Hall. I've seen them there twice. The first time was the last time I saw them with Jason, and my memories is of a rather doleful set by a band that looked less than happy. The second time was one of my favorite shows, coinciding with the release of "The Big To-Do."
Ha. I was at that Prince show too. Here's my first DBT video with a point and shoot camera from that Webster Hall show. You're right about the vibe Pines

Always go to the show

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

In for Nashville, Sec 10 Row A. Will be my first show at the Ryman unless I can find a ticket for Sturgill there later this month.

RMD

Post by RMD »

Jonicont wrote:
Whispering Pines wrote:"The Royale? Webster Hall? Nice. The boys are moving up in the world. Seems sort of appropriate that Webster Hall is where I first saw Prince, lo these many decades ago."

Ha. I was at that Prince show too. Here's my first DBT video with a point and shoot camera from that Webster Hall show. You're right about the vibe Pines

Also the last time I saw Jason in the band.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

LagoonField wrote:If the hotels in Athens fill up for a possible overlapping DBT Homecoming and University of Georgia Parent's Weekend, then as a fund raiser Nuci's Space could open up their parking lot for a Heathen's Homecoming Camp Out.

It could be like a mini version of a Drive By Trucker themed music festival. We could roll in a shower truck and a couple nice port-a-pottys (one for the guys and one for the gals), and I'm sure 3DD has a couple of great cooks and a few bartenders. Jittery Joe's could provide industrial strength coffee and bagels in the mornings (not too early).

We could run a van back to the campsite from the 40 Watt about 2 AM each morning with the survivors.

We could use the Pickle for the ceremonial lighting of the Heathen's campfire each evening.
As someone who semi-regularly camps out on cold Southern nights and also semi-regularly attends Rock Shows, I love the spirit of the idea as long as it's other people doing it and not me. I don't like the thought of standing up that long at shows every night and not having real furniture and running water in a heated room to retreat to when the show is over.

I would, however, be very interested to see the social experiment of the dirty wild-eyed, sleep-deprived people who smell like campfire smoke at the shows every night.
Let the outside air in

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Y'all are killing me! :lol:

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

schlanky wrote:I would, however, be very interested to see the social experiment of the dirty wild-eyed, sleep-deprived people who smell like campfire smoke at the shows every night.
As opposed to the social experiment of the dirty wild-eyed, sleep-deprived people who smell like marijuana smoke at the shows every night?
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Yes, I agree.

I think 3DD has evolved into more of a Super 8 Motel (or the certainly the more luxurious Athens Holiday Inn Express, within downhill stagger distance of the 40 Watt) type of crowd.

It would most likely be chilly in mid February (not to mention the possibility of an Ice Storm....) to be camping out in the Nuci Space Parking lot.

I'm not sure any of us would enjoy being seen by the rest of our 3DD brethren (or sisteren....) before 1 or 2 PM during Homecoming Weekend.

I do remember at Homecoming one year (I think 2012 or 13) walking back from the 40 Watt at about 2 AM (after a hot dog from the vendor in the side lot) and having to step over a passed out dude at the corner of Pulaski Street and West Broad. It was pretty cold to be sleeping it off on the corner, but a Univ. of Georgia police car pulled up and roused the fellow up as concerned passer by had started to assemble.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

In for NYC and LI.

This stoner bought one too many for the Webster Hall show. PM me and I'll eat the service charge.
Dave

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

I guess it'd make sense to fly into NYC the weekend before Homecoming.
Probably in for Webster Hall.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It occurs to me that the Faces' "Ooh La La" would be a perfect cover to add to the current tour. It fits right in w/ the new material.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:It occurs to me that the Faces' "Ooh La La" would be a perfect cover to add to the current tour. It fits right in w/ the new material.
Was it last year that they played it several times?

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:It occurs to me that the Faces' "Ooh La La" would be a perfect cover to add to the current tour. It fits right in w/ the new material.
Yes, at the Dirt Underneath shows.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Yes, at the Dirt Underneath shows.
Yes, I was not intending it to be a random suggestion but something they could pull from their playbook (songbook?).

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

We're all over the WI dates and maybe CHI. Might be a bit chilly for this stretch

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

And it's just one of the best songs of all time.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Having reluctantly conceded that there is a real world which exists outside 3dd & DBT, I've decided that the Long Island show is one show too many* for that week. So if you're gonna buy a ticket save the fee and buy it from me, please. And I'll see you in NYC the next night. Or in Boston the previous nite. Or in Athens...

*Speaking logistically only. There can never be too many rock shows.

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

beantownbubba wrote:IN:

Boston
Long Island
NYC
We're in for the WI shows as well as the shows in NYC and BOCland(i.e. Long Island). Sadly, no Homecoming this year

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

In:
Chicago
Detroit

Maybe in:
Milwaukee

...Hoping we will find out who the openers are, soon! Would love another batch of shows with Lydia Loveless...

roryg81

Post by roryg81 »

Looks like Kyle Craft is the opener again. How has he been this fall?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

roryg81 wrote:Looks like Kyle Craft is the opener again. How has he been this fall?
I saw that, too. I enjoyed their set in Atlanta quite a bit, and the merch table vibe is this is a bunch of sweet, sincere people. I wish they'd had a CD left--I just couldn't bring myself to go for the vinyl--but I'll buy one this spring.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

roryg81 wrote:Looks like Kyle Craft is the opener again. How has he been this fall?
Fantastic.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm not big on opening acts I haven't heard before but I was pretty impressed. The last song he played, a solo acoustic version of a song called "Rager" really caught my attention. The music is out of Bowie/Mott and for some reason I can't quite explain but still think makes sense, I was also reminded of Nick Gilder. If given the choice I'd probably prefer Lydia Loveless but KC is definitely worth being on time for.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

My vacation days have been approved for Nashville and St. Louis...I can't wait.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Like BTB said, I got an Ian Hunter vibe from him...

gepman

Post by gepman »

Sunday, 2/12, 930 Club has an open date, DC is on the way to Athens... I'm just saying.
By the time this tour kicks off, it'll be almost a year since their last proper DC show.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

gepman wrote:Sunday, 2/12, 930 Club has an open date, DC is on the way to Athens... I'm just saying.
By the time this tour kicks off, it'll be almost a year since their last proper DC show.
Great idea.
Dave