European Tour 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

linkous

Re: European Tour 2017

Post by linkous »

beantownbubba wrote:
linkous wrote:On the train now to Glasgow. Showtime approx 3 hours away. Fancy seeing the support band, called Eyelids from Portland . Heard their album from a few years ago for first time today, these guys have overdosed on Big Star and Teenage fanclub !!
I knew you had to surface eventually. Enjoy! Never heard of Eyelids, let us know how the Big Fanclub sound works in concert. Oh, yeah. And the other guys too.
Didn't see Eyelids as my friend's train arrived late in Glasgow. In fact we got in half way through Ramon Casiano, luckily enough the first song!

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Flea wrote:Does anyone else think Shut Up & Get On The Plane is kind of a weird closer? Saw them do it once, and left wanting more.
It was unexpected but good. No prisoners were taken last night, exactly what you want on opening night. Highlights hard to pick, from Patterson I'd probably saw Guns of Umpqua and from Cooley was probably Surrender.

Support band Eyelids Or were fantastic, glad to be seeing them a couple more times.

To Dublin!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Flea wrote:Does anyone else think Shut Up & Get On The Plane is kind of a weird closer? Saw them do it once, and left wanting more.
That would seem strange. I did however see them open up with it this spring at the Cat's Cradle shows (and then close a few hours later with Angels & Fuselage) and it was totally bad ass.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

gepman

Post by gepman »

At least it rocks...

How about this, a "Sandwiches...", "Everybody Needs Love", "Get Downtown" closing trio from a 2011 PA show...

JamieUKuku

Post by JamieUKuku »

Freshly back after my third Heathens Homecoming its pretty much straight into the Manchester Homecoming and that's gotta be a good thing. Anyone else hitting the Ritz tomorrow night? See you at the rock show.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Dublin

Start 21.00

Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Uncle Frank
Why Henry Drinks
Women Without Whiskey
The Living Bubba
Where The Devil Don't Stay
Sinkhole
First Air of Autumn
Guns of Umpqua
A Ghost to Most
Goode's Field Road
Ramon Casiano
Puttin' People on the Moon
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Shit Shots Count
Steve McQueen
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Rockin' in the Free World

End 23.13

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

God damn, the things I would do to see Steve McQueen next week...

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Post by Bon Scott's AC/DC »

So…, last night Dublin, Ireland, Feb 28th, was my first DBT show… and it was excellent. The Vicar St. venue holds 1,500 people and whilst it was not sold out, it was fairly full. The crowd were enthusiastic, and the band were great. This being my first show, every song was a highlight!

It was feckin’ great to hear Where The Devil Don’t Stay, Puttin’ People on the Moon, The Living Bubba, Let there be Rock… suffice to say, they were all great!

Some particularly memorable moments were when the band came out first without the two main men, and Brad pounded on the drums for a while as the intro to Ever South. Then Hood and Cooley came out to cheers. Then Patterson started singing Ever South. I could see he seemed to be watching out to see what the crowd might do when he sang the line “Dispersed from Ellis Island, my distant Irish kin”, and sure enough, on cue, the crowd gave a big cheer, which I think he might have liked. Later on near Let There Be Rock he said how he used to listen to Thin Lizzy’s “Live and Dangerous” album all the time as a teenager, and one of the first things he did a few years ago when he first came to Dublin was to go to see Phil Lynott’s statue, to pay homage. He said he didn’t get to see Thin Lizzy the first time in Huntsville because he was grounded and his parents were watching him like hawks because they knew he wanted to go.

So, it was, as expected a great gig, the band had a good time, there were pints of Guinness, bottles of tequila, etc., up on stage to keep everybody happy.

PS Matt Patton will have very sore jaws today, as he spent the full 2 hours 13 minutes smiling extensively (nudge nudge wink wink, ahem, let’s just say he looked like he was in a world of his own!!)

PPS This band are so good that I’m going to do something I’ve never done for a band before and fly to another country to see the band again. I’m off to see them in London on Saturday night next… can’t feckin’ wait!!!!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote: PPS This band are so good that I’m going to do something I’ve never done for a band before and fly to another country to see the band again. I’m off to see them in London on Saturday night next… can’t feckin’ wait!!!!
Awesome man. Enjoy! And thanks for the report.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Clams wrote:
Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote: PPS This band are so good that I’m going to do something I’ve never done for a band before and fly to another country to see the band again. I’m off to see them in London on Saturday night next… can’t feckin’ wait!!!!
Errr. The show in London is on Friday
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thanks for the review Bon.

What a great setlist in Dublin!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

linkous

Post by linkous »

ilockyer wrote:Dublin

Start 21.00

Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
Uncle Frank
Why Henry Drinks
Women Without Whiskey
The Living Bubba
Where The Devil Don't Stay
Sinkhole
First Air of Autumn
Guns of Umpqua
A Ghost to Most
Goode's Field Road
Ramon Casiano
Puttin' People on the Moon
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Shit Shots Count
Steve McQueen
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Rockin' in the Free World

End 23.13
An even better setlist than Glasgow (not that I'm complaining). As I said the highlight for me at the Glasgow gig was Ever South into Surrender Under Protest, but to kick off the Dublin gig with those two songs is a masterstroke.

Bon Scott's AC/DC

dogstar wrote:
Clams wrote:
Errr. The show in London is on Friday
Thanks dogstar... I got the days wrong in post... I booked the flights and concert ticket (for the Friday) a few weeks ago, but yes you are right it is Friday! :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd look pretty fuckin stupid turning up on Saturday - I'll edit the original post now :D :D

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote:So…, last night Dublin, Ireland, Feb 28th, was my first DBT show… and it was excellent. The Vicar St. venue holds 1,500 people and whilst it was not sold out, it was fairly full. The crowd were enthusiastic, and the band were great. This being my first show, every song was a highlight!

It was feckin’ great to hear Where The Devil Don’t Stay, Puttin’ People on the Moon, The Living Bubba, Let there be Rock… suffice to say, they were all great!

Some particularly memorable moments were when the band came out first without the two main men, and Brad pounded on the drums for a while as the intro to Ever South. Then Hood and Cooley came out to cheers. Then Patterson started singing Ever South. I could see he seemed to be watching out to see what the crowd might do when he sang the line “Dispersed from Ellis Island, my distant Irish kin”, and sure enough, on cue, the crowd gave a big cheer, which I think he might have liked. Later on near Let There Be Rock he said how he used to listen to Thin Lizzy’s “Live and Dangerous” album all the time as a teenager, and one of the first things he did a few years ago when he first came to Dublin was to go to see Phil Lynott’s statue, to pay homage. He said he didn’t get to see Thin Lizzy the first time in Huntsville because he was grounded and his parents were watching him like hawks because they knew he wanted to go.

So, it was, as expected a great gig, the band had a good time, there were pints of Guinness, bottles of tequila, etc., up on stage to keep everybody happy.

PS Matt Patton will have very sore jaws today, as he spent the full 2 hours 13 minutes smiling extensively (nudge nudge wink wink, ahem, let’s just say he looked like he was in a world of his own!!)

PPS This band are so good that I’m going to do something I’ve never done for a band before and fly to another country to see the band again. I’m off to see them in London on Friday night next… can’t feckin’ wait!!!!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote:PPS This band are so good that I’m going to do something I’ve never done for a band before and fly to another country to see the band again. I’m off to see them in London on Saturday night next… can’t feckin’ wait!!!!
I see a Homecoming in your future
Always go to the show

jay

Post by jay »

another epic Dublin show. great crowd, great setlist and an excellent support act in eyelids. i love this band

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Jonicont wrote:
Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote:PPS This band are so good that I’m going to do something I’ve never done for a band before and fly to another country to see the band again. I’m off to see them in London on Saturday night next… can’t feckin’ wait!!!!
I see a Homecoming in your future
Maybe, maybe :idea: x 40 :) :) :)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Great review but don't let Matt fool you :lol:
Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote:

We thought the same thing 10 years ago when the Dexateens opened for DBT. That smile is all natural :D
Glad you had a blast and hope you got to meet our dear freinds the Robertsons and World Wide Bill.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Swamp wrote:Great review but don't let Matt fool you :lol:
Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote:

We thought the same thing 10 years ago when the Dexateens opened for DBT. That smile is all natural :D
Glad you had a blast and hope you got to meet our dear freinds the Robertsons and World Wide Bill.
Actually I didn't get to meet anyone from 3DD, but I will be in Camden Town from late afternoon tomorrow (Friday) for the London/Roundhouse gig. If anyone wants to meet up before the London gig that'd be great. What's the best way of contacting anyone? This thread I suppose, or else if anyone wants to meet they can PM me...?

... 36 hours 'til my 2nd Rock Show :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Manchester

Start 20:49

Baggage
Ramon Casiano
Gravity's Gone
Ronnie and Neil
72 (This Highway's Mean)
The Living Bubba
Women Without Whiskey
Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Filthy and Fried
Guns of Umpqua
A Ghost to Most
Goode's Field Road
Sounds Better in the Song
Lookout Mountain
Shit Shots Count
Let There Be Rock
Hell No, I Ain't Happy / Sign 'o' The Times

End 22:50

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Bristol

Filthy
Two daughters
Three dimes
Flags
Surrender
Sinkhole
Uncle frank
Ever south
Marry me
Company I keep
Kinky
Buttholeville
Zip
What it means
Imagine
Margo and Harold
LTBR
Ramon
Hell no
Last edited by dogstar on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

disgruntledgoat

3 days until my first Rock Show!

My wife has only ever been to one show with me in 9 years and that was a relatively sedate Isbell last year. I'm not sure she's going to recognise the maniac I become in the presence of greatness.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Have fun Goat.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Rocky wrote:Have fun Goat.
x2

The question is not whether she recognizes you but whether she recognizes greatness.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

disgruntledgoat

beantownbubba wrote:
Rocky wrote:Have fun Goat.
x2

The question is not whether she recognizes you but whether she recognizes greatness.
She better... cos it's only 4 days until our 2nd Rock Show

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

London 3 March

Surrender
Flags
Uncle frank
Ronnie and Neil
Kinky
Bubba
Sounds better in the song
Umpqua
Ramon
Sinkhole
Ever south
MUEO
Righteous path
Filthy
Girls who smoke
Gravitys gone
Lookout mountain
Where the devil
What it means
Imagine
LTBR (with story about his grandma cissy)
Zip
Hell mo
RITFW

Clams

Post by Clams »

dogstar wrote:London 3 March

Surrender
Flags
Uncle frank
Ronnie and Neil
Kinky
Bubba
Sounds better in the song
Umpqua
Ramon
Sinkhole
Ever south
MUEO
Righteous path
Filthy
Girls who smoke
Gravitys gone
Lookout mountain
Where the devil
What it means
Imagine
LTBR (with story about his grandma cissy)
Zip
Hell mo
RITFW
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

awesome photo, but sucks that there's no "rail" (or more accurately, that the "rail" is fifteen feet from the band)
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Zip City wrote:awesome photo, but sucks that there's no "rail" (or more accurately, that the "rail" is fifteen feet from the band)
European thing, unfortunately.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Flea

Post by Flea »

RolanK wrote:
Zip City wrote:awesome photo, but sucks that there's no "rail" (or more accurately, that the "rail" is fifteen feet from the band)
European thing, unfortunately.

Blame the football hooligans?
Now it's dark.