European Tour 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Re: European Tour 2017

Post by RolanK »

RoyHandcuff wrote:I'm just speechless over how good they sounded last night in Gothenburg. They were absolutely killing it. Hardly any talk between songs, just full on rock show for two hours+. Great setlist too and what an ending with Plane/Fuselage...man, I was tearing up!
And they have grown into the new songs so well. They sound so much better to me after they have played them on the road for a while.
Another that really struck me last night is what a great rhythm player Patterson really is. So dynamic, attentive and powerful.

Nothing short of amazing. What a band.

Stockholm tomorrow. Can't wait!
True. It was a great show. We were on the rail (Cooleyville) where unfortunately there were almost no vocals from the PA whatsoever. For the Cooley songs you could listen in on his monitors, but Cooley didn't have much of Patterson in his monitors. It was much better only a few feet away from the stage, but it's something the venue may want to do something about for future shows. I was thrilled we got Goodes, Company, Girls who Smoke and that "mini-SRO" at the end with LTBR/Plane/Angels.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

Flea wrote:
ilockyer wrote:Oslo

Worldwide Bill got his first Cooley pick at show 262
WWB winding down after the Oslo show.

Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

RoyHandcuff

Post by RoyHandcuff »

RolanK wrote:
RoyHandcuff wrote:I'm just speechless over how good they sounded last night in Gothenburg. They were absolutely killing it. Hardly any talk between songs, just full on rock show for two hours+. Great setlist too and what an ending with Plane/Fuselage...man, I was tearing up!
And they have grown into the new songs so well. They sound so much better to me after they have played them on the road for a while.
Another that really struck me last night is what a great rhythm player Patterson really is. So dynamic, attentive and powerful.

True. It was a great show. We were on the rail (Cooleyville) where unfortunately there were almost no vocals from the PA whatsoever. For the Cooley songs you could listen in on his monitors, but Cooley didn't have much of Patterson in his monitors. It was much better only a few feet away from the stage, but it's something the venue may want to do something about for future shows. I was thrilled we got Goodes, Company, Girls who Smoke and that "mini-SRO" at the end with LTBR/Plane/Angels.
Yup. I was two or three steps from the stage in between Cooley and Patterson, but i was moving about a bit, trying to dodge the drunk old dudes spilling beer, farting and dancing on my boots. See what I gotta put up with? All for the Love of this band haha!

You the guy in the Dexateens hat?
"Three guitars or a life of crime"

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

RoyHandcuff wrote:
RolanK wrote:

Yup. I was two or three steps from the stage in between Cooley and Patterson, but i was motvind about a bit, trying to dodge the drunk old dudes spilling beer, farting and dancing on my boots. See what I gotta put up with? All for the Love of this band haha!

You the guy in the Dexateens hat?
Yes, lol, I noticed the odor several times. And that one particular ponytail dude his way up to the rail, forcing himself in between Worldwide Bill and dogstar, bugging both Cooley and Matt for them to hand him their picks in midst of the songs. Jeez

Dexateens hat was me, yes. Wish I had known you were there so we could have said hello.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

RoyHandcuff

Post by RoyHandcuff »

Yeah...are you going to the show tonight?
"Three guitars or a life of crime"

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

RoyHandcuff wrote:Yeah...are you going to the show tonight?
Unfortunately no. Was not possible for me to do Stockholm, but some of the other people I was hanging with at the Gothenburg show will be there. Just look for Worldwide Bill. See pic above.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Stockholm

Surrender
Flags
Women
Bubba
Dimes
Lookout
Gravity
Sink
Oceans
Path
Ramon
Ronnie
Sounds
South
Ghost
Company
Birthday
Girls
Marry
Means
Imagine
LTBR
Zip
Truth
Plane
Hell

Saved the best til last

Flea

Post by Flea »

RolanK wrote:
Flea wrote:
ilockyer wrote:Oslo

Worldwide Bill got his first Cooley pick at show 262
WWB winding down after the Oslo show.

It's good to see that the spawn has reached The Olde Country!
Now it's dark.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

this thread has been money.

phungi

Post by phungi »

RolanK wrote:Yes, lol, I noticed the odor several times. And that one particular ponytail dude his way up to the rail, forcing himself in between Worldwide Bill and dogstar, bugging both Cooley and Matt for them to hand him their picks in midst of the songs. Jeez
Flea wrote:It's good to see that the spawn has reached The Olde Country!
Sounds like Flea may have accompanied the Pickle lighter to the UK
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

phungi wrote:
RolanK wrote:Yes, lol, I noticed the odor several times. And that one particular ponytail dude his way up to the rail, forcing himself in between Worldwide Bill and dogstar, bugging both Cooley and Matt for them to hand him their picks in midst of the songs. Jeez
Flea wrote:It's good to see that the spawn has reached The Olde Country!
Sounds like Flea may have accompanied the Pickle lighter to the UK

Ponytail dude incident was Gothenburg, Sweden. Pickle with WWB pic was Oslo, Norway. Yuge differences. ;)

Also Pickle spawn couldn't get permanent visa and work permit, so now rumoured to be returning to US.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

RolanK wrote:Also Pickle spawn couldn't get permanent visa and work permit, so now rumoured to be returning to US.
I heard it was detained at the airport. When asked for its papers pickle responded "I'm a motherfucking lighter you morons!". After that its whereabouts are a mystery, Homeland Security has refused comment.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
RolanK wrote:Also Pickle spawn couldn't get permanent visa and work permit, so now rumoured to be returning to US.
I heard it was detained at the airport. When asked for its papers pickle responded "I'm a motherfucking lighter you morons!". After that its whereabouts are a mystery, Homeland Security has refused comment.
:lol: right!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa