European Tour 2017

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

European Tour 2017

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Sadly this is not in the cards for us but for the European heAthens and others that can make the trip this should make your Monday

http://drivebytruckers.com/shows.html

Tickets on sale Friday.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Re: European Tour 2017

Post by Zip City »

Playing one show per month for a full year seems like an odd tour schedule :lol:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

linkous

Post by linkous »

Not in the cards for me either. Saying that, I wouldn't go to Scotland that time of year if I was them either!

Nice little trip to Dublin sounds appealing though.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Sadly this is not in the cards for us but for the European heAthens and others that can make the trip this should make your Monday

http://drivebytruckers.com/shows.html

Tickets on sale Friday.
They should have given Jay something to stand on...damn!
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Thank you! In for at least a couple of those. Exactly how many probably depending if I do HC or not (which again depends on what time that will be.)
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

So close to Homecoming... this is gonna be a tough call on what to do. Am definitely not able to do London and Brighton, but maybe the first and last three to consider.

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

I'm in for Antwerp and either Bristol or Manchester

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

Needless to say there will be pre-pre-game at my place for the Oslo show. (Just ask Bill for the directions.)
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Mickesam

Post by Mickesam »

Fantastic news 8-)
The Swedish bunch will go for Manchester, Bristol, London, Copenhagen, Oslo, and of course our home turf, Gothenburg.

See y

Micke, Sweden

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mickesam wrote:Fantastic news 8-)
The Swedish bunch will go for Manchester, Bristol, London, Copenhagen, Oslo, and of course our home turf, Gothenburg.

See y

Micke, Sweden
Is there something we should know about Stockholm?

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

beantownbubba wrote:

See y

Micke, Sweden
Micke is from Gothenburg. I suggest checking out what you might find on the Innerwebs on Swedes and Goths.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RolanK wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

See y

Micke, Sweden
Micke is from Gothenburg. I suggest checking out what you might find on the Innerwebs on Swedes and Goths.
I take it that whatever I find will not apply to Danes, Norwegians or Brits. Interesting already. Thanks for the tip.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

beantownbubba wrote:

See y

Micke, Sweden
You're talking like a man who's planning on making a trip.

Stockholm is great. We went to a fantastic restaurant called Ekstedt when we went there last year.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Not sure about an I dates I'll be able to make - the start of the month is very busy for me. Probably some of the U.K. Dates and the Scandanavian dates are very tempting. Looks like a HC trip is out the window for next year.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Goteborg, Oslo and Stockholm are definite!

RolanK

Post by RolanK »

beantownbubba wrote:
RolanK wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
I take it that whatever I find will not apply to Danes, Norwegians or Brits. Interesting already. Thanks for the tip.
Well. Maybe it will. I was just trying to say that I am of the impression there is some kind of "rift" amongst the Swedes between the East and West (and especially Stockholm and Gothenburg) that can be traced back several hundred years. I may have gotten it wrong though and should probably leave it to Micke to comment on this himself.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

paulc

Post by paulc »

Anyone know how the pre-sale works?

Mickesam

Post by Mickesam »

It seems like the Euro tour presale did not work that well. At least if we only had to rely on the "Buy tickets"-buttons on the official site. We managed to get tickets to Copenhagen, and I noticed the link to the Dublin show is working.
As for the rest of the UK shows, they are not working well. I emailed to the info adress, and hopefully we got all sorted out before Friday. Otherwise we´ll have our fingers crossed for success at the general sale.

Dogstar; the thing about Gothenburg vs Stockholm is like in many other countries when comparing the two biggest cities. We Gothenburg-citizens sometimes feels like kid-brothers to the "mighty" capitol city of Stockholm and some of us are tempted to rebellion against them, but the major part of us thinks Stockholm is lovely, especially during the Spring and Summer. The reason I might not visit Stockholm for the DBT-show is only working-related. :roll:

Micke, Sweden

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yes, having spent a little time following up on RolanK's suggestion, my impression is that the conflict between the cities is more along the lines of big brother - little brother like NYC and Boston or LA and SF than a long simmering ethnic or tribal feud that goes back to who hacked whose ancestors into breakfast bits back before the Plague. There is a tendency to apply occam's razor only in retrospect when the odds were always in favor of the reason being typical simple business/personal factors rather than historical or cultural.

disgruntledgoat

Antwerp will be my first ever DBT show!

My wife has decided she wants to come along... and stay in a nice hotel and go to a nice restaurant. I'm not sure she understands Rock Show Goat even after eight years. If she'd been around for my glory years of Boys & Girls in America era Hold Steady shows, however, I doubt she'd have married me.

Mickesam

Post by Mickesam »

The London tickets are now on sale through the Roundhouse official site:
http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2 ... -truckers/

If you´re a member of the Rockefeller newsletter there is a presale going on for Oslo.
It seems like we have to wait for the general sale tomorrow for the rest of the tour.

Micke, Sweden

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

With the pound at $1.23 against the dollar and falling, it may soon be cheaper to hit some of the UK dates than to go to homecoming :shock:

linkous

Post by linkous »

linkous wrote:Not in the cards for me either. Saying that, I wouldn't go to Scotland that time of year if I was them either!

Knew they wouldn't let us down!

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/driveby-t ... orcatid=60

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

linkous wrote:
linkous wrote:Not in the cards for me either. Saying that, I wouldn't go to Scotland that time of year if I was them either!

This may be the most complex sentence I've seen in any concert announcement since the 1974 Dylan/Band comeback tour when tickets had to be ordered by mail only, w/ money orders only, stating your preference for one show only of the 3 announced for NYC, with many other terms, conditions and instructions included:

"Over 14s only. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult over 18." No bouncer w/out a college degree in math* need apply. :lol:

*Or maths, as I assume they say in that part of the world.

disgruntledgoat

beantownbubba wrote:
linkous wrote:

This may be the most complex sentence I've seen in any concert announcement since the 1974 Dylan/Band comeback tour when tickets had to be ordered by mail only, w/ money orders only, stating your preference for one show only of the 3 announced for NYC, with many other terms, conditions and instructions included:

"Over 14s only. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult over 18." No bouncer w/out a college degree in math* need apply. :lol:

*Or maths, as I assume they say in that part of the world.
In real Glaswegian terms this means if you don't turn up unaccompanied in a school uniform, you're in.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

disgruntledgoat wrote: In real Glaswegian terms this means if you don't turn up unaccompanied in a school uniform, you're in.
Angus Young is screwed then

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

so, with Homecoming off of my dance card, and because I am blessed to have such an amazing wife, I am in the the process of making this work for me. If I travel solo, I will be in for Dublin, Manchester, Bristol and Brighton. If one or two of my friends, who may or may not be bad hombres, travel with, I expect Antwerp and Amsterdam will be added to the list. Glasgow, and Scotland in general, is a journey that will require meaningful time (I really want to visit the birthplace of my grandfather) and my wife by my side. I just need to clear up a couple of things before I solidify my plans, but man o man - I am giddy at the prospect of doing this. I have never been to the UK before.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

dogstar wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote: In real Glaswegian terms this means if you don't turn up unaccompanied in a school uniform, you're in.
Angus Young is screwed then
:lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blessedcurse wrote:so, with Homecoming off of my dance card, and because I am blessed to have such an amazing wife, I am in the the process of making this work for me. If I travel solo, I will be in for Dublin, Manchester, Bristol and Brighton. If one or two of my friends, who may or may not be bad hombres, travel with, I expect Antwerp and Amsterdam will be added to the list. Glasgow, and Scotland in general, is a journey that will require meaningful time (I really want to visit the birthplace of my grandfather) and my wife by my side. I just need to clear up a couple of things before I solidify my plans, but man o man - I am giddy at the prospect of doing this. I have never been to the UK before.
Freakin ALSUM!!