Planning to go to Homecoming for first time

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Agerst1574

Planning to go to Homecoming for first time

Post by Agerst1574 »

I know there is an excellent thread up on the board regarding information for homecoming. I am really playing with the idea of going for the first time in 2017. Really hoping it does not fall the weekend of President's week as we are going to Puerto Rico. I don't recall this but is there is VIP package sold for the three shows or is it just individual tickets? Do tickets sell out immediately for Friday and Saturday?

If I go my plan is to fly from NYC to Atlanta and then take one of the shuttles to Athens.

beantownbubba

Re: Planning to go to Homecoming for first time

Post by beantownbubba »

Agerst1574 wrote:I know there is an excellent thread up on the board regarding information for homecoming. I am really playing with the idea of going for the first time in 2017. Really hoping it does not fall the weekend of President's week as we are going to Puerto Rico. I don't recall this but is there is VIP package sold for the three shows or is it just individual tickets? Do tickets sell out immediately for Friday and Saturday?

If I go my plan is to fly from NYC to Atlanta and then take one of the shuttles to Athens.
Tickets sell out most quickly for Sat, then Fri, then Thurs, but not immediately for any. At one time there was a pkg deal for tix for all 3 shows but not in a while and I doubt we'll see that again. You will not be the only person flying from NYC to ATL and taking the shuttle from there.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

The Shuttle to Athens is an easy, painless affair. I've never tried to shuttle back on Sunday, but if you meet a few people and ask around, you should find someone you can hitch a ride with on Sun morning.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tickets are available until a few weeks before the actual dates. Saturday will sell out first, than Friday. Thursday usually doesn't sell out. Unless there's a massive change in demand you won't have a problem securing tickets.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

Any update on the actual dates for 2016?