Dimmer Twins in Boulder--October 23

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ndavis86

Dimmer Twins in Boulder--October 23

Post by ndavis86 »

Just saw this one. Benefit event with eTown for Conscious Alliance. Pricey ticket, but it includes food and open bar. Plus, you know, the benefit thing.

http://www.consciousalliance.org/2016/08/harvest2016/

I might need a couple days to talk myself into $150 after Aspen and Red Rocks, but wanted to make sure folks were aware that this is happening.

Gaetzi

Re: Dimmer Twins in Boulder--October 23

Post by Gaetzi »

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up on this.. IN. This is interesting, I was actually hanging out w Hosea (the Blackbelly chef hosting this event) at Red Rocks a few weeks ago. It was his crew that got us the VIP wristbands. This sounds like it'll be a great night of food, drink and music from Cooley/Hood.. hell yeah!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Tickets purchased. This is going to be an all around killer evening! Does Cooley play ping pong? Seeing as this is a pretty intimate event, I'm hoping to play Cooley in a game of ping pong.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

damn, that's Bridge School weekend
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I wanted to provide a few more details about this phenomenal event in Boulder on October 23rd. It is our 3rd Annual Harvest Celebration at eTown Hall benefitting Conscious Alliance, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to supporting communities in crisis through hunger relief and youth empowerment. Our goal for this event is to raise enough money as we enter the colder months to provide 10,000 meals for some of the most economically disadvantaged communities in this great country of ours.

This event is hosted by Chef Hosea Rosenberg of Blackbelly in Boulder (Top Chef Season 5 winner) and he has invited some of the finest chefs and restaurants in Boulder, including: Arcana, Basta, BRU, Hapa Sushi, Jax Fish House and Oyster Bar, Pizzeria Locale, Sweet Cow, T/aco, The Kitchen, The Post and Via Perla. Guests will enjoy mall plates prepared by the aforementioned chefs and restaurants, an open bar including craft beer, wine, and cocktails and a well curated silent auction featuring unique artwork, limited music memorabilia, one of a kind experiences, and more.

And last but not least, a very intimate and special musical performance by Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley, performing one of only a handful of performances as The Dimmer Twins. This event is limited to 240 total tickets and will sell out. It is an early Sunday event so no need to worry about getting home too late for a productive Monday.

Tickets are $150 all in, a majority of which is tax deductible, and are available here: http://www.consciousalliance.org/2016/08/harvest2016/

Please don't miss this chance to see two of our greatest songwriters and most likely, two of your favorite artists in a one of a kind setting and event.

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at the (rock) show!

Cheers,
Peter
President, Board of Directors
Conscious Alliance

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Thanks for the info, Peter!It'll be a great event. Do you have a sense of how long the set is expected to last?

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

Scheduled for 7:50-9:10 but could go longer as they have until a 9:30 curfew

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

Also, i stand corrected, only 210 tickets available total, not 240. About half have been sold already. Thank you and we hope to see you there!

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

In! This is a week and a day after my wedding in Asheville, so this is how I'll celebrate my first planning-free weekend in what seems like forever. Now I just hope there's a Freed poster for this one. Would love to add a Dimmer Twins print to the collection.

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

Yes, did I forget to mention that Wes Freed is doing a poster for this event as well!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Phil,
Is the seating assigned or first come? Thanks.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Phil,
Is the seating assigned or first come? Thanks.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Was also wondering if there is an age limit to attend.

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

PhilPhan67 wrote:Yes, did I forget to mention that Wes Freed is doing a poster for this event as well!
Awesome. I'd better get a frame ready.

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

The event is not seated. eTown Hall is a converted church where they record the eTown Radio show. Guest begin the evening downstairs at 6pm with cocktails and passed appetizers from a couple of the chefs. This is also where the silet auction items are locoated. Around 7pm, everyone moves upstairs into the main room for more food and drink. The restaurants/chefs will have tables set up around the perimeter. The Dimmer Twins come on at 7:50ish. The event is all ages. It will be an intimate experience with only 210 tickets being sold and let's not forget that after all that great food, drink and music, you are still helping a tremendous cause. Here is a video that shows some of Conscious Alliance's work on Pine Ridge Reservation in SD: https://vimeo.com/105171564

Thanks for all the questions, keep em coming and hope to see many of you in 3 weeks!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

So they are going on At 750 ish and playing until 9? Thanks man. Im trying to make it worth a 7 hr drive one way.

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

Hey everyone, just wanted to send out a reminder that Patterson and Cooley will be performing in Boulder this Sunday, October 23rd for this very special benefit for Conscious Alliance. We have just a few tickets left so if you are even thinking about going, I encourage you to buy your tickets soon! We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks and take care!

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

PhilPhan67 wrote:Hey everyone, just wanted to send out a reminder that Patterson and Cooley will be performing in Boulder this Sunday, October 23rd for this very special benefit for Conscious Alliance. We have just a few tickets left so if you are even thinking about going, I encourage you to buy your tickets soon! We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks and take care!
Hey, maybe a silly question, but is there any sort of dress code for this event? I mean, I know I won't be turned away or anything, but I also don't want to feel like a schlub if I underdress. What's your recommendation?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

ndavis86 wrote:
PhilPhan67 wrote:Hey everyone, just wanted to send out a reminder that Patterson and Cooley will be performing in Boulder this Sunday, October 23rd for this very special benefit for Conscious Alliance. We have just a few tickets left so if you are even thinking about going, I encourage you to buy your tickets soon! We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks and take care!
Hey, maybe a silly question, but is there any sort of dress code for this event? I mean, I know I won't be turned away or anything, but I also don't want to feel like a schlub if I underdress. What's your recommendation?
cover yer bases

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

PhilPhan67

Post by PhilPhan67 »

Dress code is casual. I personally will probably wear jeans and a nice shirt but whatever you are comfortable with. Hope to see you all there!

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Heathens
Sounds Better in the Song
Sands of Iwo Jima
A Ghost to Most
Guns of Umpqua
Surrender Under Protest
Opening Act
Marry Me
Why Henry Drinks (!!!)
Filthy and Fried
Ever South
Panties in Your Purse
My Sweet Annette
Shit Shots Count
Wife Beater
Birthday Boy
What It Means
Kinky Hypocrite

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Really cool event last night. TONS of great food from a bunch of local restaurants, it was a really well run event for a great cause. The rub- It wasn't really a Cooley/ Hood show. I'd guess more than half of the people there were there for the charity/ social aspect of the whole thing. Which is fine but there were so many people talking over the music. So many. It was really distracting. The back half of the venue was literally a happy hour scene w people loudly talking over the music. Cooley made a joke about it early on (his nice way of trying to get people to shut up). But as a result of this, we were able to get super close to the stage as people weren't there for the music. And a lot of people left maybe two thirds through so by the end it was fairly quiet. Anyway, this isn't a knock on anyone or anything, it what it is. We had a blast and really glad this whole thing happened. I don't have too much to say about the set, the list kind of speaks for itself. There wasn't too much banter from either Cooley or Hood, it was a fairly straight forward, very laid back affair. Cooley botched Shit Shot Counts pretty good but aside from all the chatter I'd say a great time was had by all. I was pleasantly surprised how diverse the setlist was, I went in thinking it would be really heavy on the new songs and that wasn't the case.

A big thanks to Peter and everyone that made this happen and looking forward to two nights of the Rock Show in January!

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

Gaetzi wrote:Really cool event last night. TONS of great food from a bunch of local restaurants, it was a really well run event for a great cause. The rub- It wasn't really a Cooley/ Hood show. I'd guess more than half of the people there were there for the charity/ social aspect of the whole thing. Which is fine but there were so many people talking over the music. So many. It was really distracting. The back half of the venue was literally a happy hour scene w people loudly talking over the music. Cooley made a joke about it early on (his nice way of trying to get people to shut up). But as a result of this, we were able to get super close to the stage as people weren't there for the music. And a lot of people left maybe two thirds through so by the end it was fairly quiet. Anyway, this isn't a knock on anyone or anything, it what it is. We had a blast and really glad this whole thing happened. I don't have too much to say about the set, the list kind of speaks for itself. There wasn't too much banter from either Cooley or Hood, it was a fairly straight forward, very laid back affair. Cooley botched Shit Shot Counts pretty good but aside from all the chatter I'd say a great time was had by all. I was pleasantly surprised how diverse the setlist was, I went in thinking it would be really heavy on the new songs and that wasn't the case.

A big thanks to Peter and everyone that made this happen and looking forward to two nights of the Rock Show in January!
Echoed on all fronts. The only frustrating thing about it was that there was a pretty easy solution in the fact that there was an entire downstairs area that could have accommodated those people who were more interested in socializing than in the music. But overall, exactly right: it is what it is.

Not sure if I've ever heard "Why Henry Drinks" or "Wife Beater" live before, so that was pretty cool. Cooley's guitar work on "The Opening Act" was particularly inspired, I thought.

Also, we were probably front row buddies. I was wearing a gray collared shirt and black-rimmed glasses, standing basically right in front of Patterson. Looking forward to two nights at the Ogden!