DBT autographs and memorabilia....

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

DiamondDave

DBT autographs and memorabilia....

Post by DiamondDave »

Can't remember if I posted this or not......one of my hobbies is collecting autographs. I mail several requests a month to bands and other folks I admire. When DBT played Cain's I sent this old promo photo I got back when I managed record stores.

Got it back signed a few days after the show. I've gotten several incarnations of the band on posters & cds over the years, but I really like this one.

Curious to see some of the things other fans have acquired over the years.

(May have to right click to view image.)

"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

tinnitus photography

Re: DBT autographs and memorabilia....

Post by tinnitus photography »

i have a few signed posters of Jason's first solo tour. i provided the photo used for it.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Every Wes Freed show print I have (which is like 6, all from Charlottesville/shows I've worked) is signed by the entire band & Wes. One has Megafaun's signatures, another has David Barbe & The Quick Hooks signatures, and a third has Thayer Sarrano's.
Couple Isbell LPs are signed by the entire 400 Unit too.

Have worked in the music industry for over a decade, and have gotten a lot of posters/LPs/ticket stubs/etc signed by a lot of people over the years. Been pretty lucky with that.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

ford911

Post by ford911 »

tinnitus photography wrote:i have a few signed posters of Jason's first solo tour. i provided the photo used for it.

I have a signed copy of that as well. He was cool enough to write a little note for me as well. It says I'm the tits.

Flea

Post by Flea »

I once brought home one of Patterson's stinky sweat towels from a 9:30 Club show. After She Who Must Be Obeyed learned of it's origin, it strangely disappeared.
Now it's dark.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Flea wrote:I once brought home one of Patterson's stinky sweat towels from a 9:30 Club show. After She Who Must Be Obeyed learned of it's origin, it strangely disappeared.
I caught one of those at Ziggys. Then it accidentally got washed & put in the closet with the other towels. So technically I still have it I just don't know which white towel it is lol
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

It's not an autograph...but Isbell did tweet about an interaction we had one time. I used to live in Nashville and one day my girlfriend and I were in Kroger and we see Jason. We don't say anything to him.
As we are leaving the parking lot we see that he is getting in his truck. I end up getting caught at a light and lo and behold he ends up right behind me with my DBT sticker prominently displayed in my back glass. He stays behind me for a couple miles on the interstate and gets off at the same exit. As we turn off the ramp and onto our street he shoots up beside me and throws up devil horns.
He tweeted about it within 15 minutes.
There's my little Isbell story.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

jr29 wrote:It's not an autograph...but Isbell did tweet about an interaction we had one time. I used to live in Nashville and one day my girlfriend and I were in Kroger and we see Jason. We don't say anything to him.
As we are leaving the parking lot we see that he is getting in his truck. I end up getting caught at a light and lo and behold he ends up right behind me with my DBT sticker prominently displayed in my back glass. He stays behind me for a couple miles on the interstate and gets off at the same exit. As we turn off the ramp and onto our street he shoots up beside me and throws up devil horns.
That was in 2012 or 2013 and he was driving a Ford Ranger. My ex saw him in the same Kroger recently and he walked out and got into a BMW.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

brett27295 wrote:
Flea wrote:I once brought home one of Patterson's stinky sweat towels from a 9:30 Club show. After She Who Must Be Obeyed learned of it's origin, it strangely disappeared.
I caught one of those at Ziggys. Then it accidentally got washed & put in the closet with the other towels. So technically I still have it I just don't know which white towel it is lol
You guys sniff those towels enough to know they're stinky? That's a little weird, but I won't judge. ;-)

I keep mine in my singing bowl and use it for either a base to set it on or as a mute if I want to bang on it but not too loud.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I'm pretty sure this is the only thing I have that's been signed by any of the Truckers. In this case, it would be Patterson. A few months back I found an early copy of Killers & Stars on CD-R that he'd signed but I gave it to a friend. If memory serves, this was the last show I saw with Jason. Bobby Bare, Jr. opened. By the time he finished his set, both bars had sold out of PBR and shortly thereafter, they sold out of beer completely. They were obviously not prepared for the Truckers crowd. For those that haven't been to the Carolina Theatre, this is a seated venue, which kept the ushers busy all night in an effort to ask people to sit down and/or stay within the rows of seats rather than standing in the aisles. I believe Patterson mentioned this show in a blog post he wrote for Gibson guitars but I haven't been able to find it. If I remember correctly, he was not all that happy about this show due to its sort of reserved setting, which isn't exactly conducive to loud rock shows.

*Edited to add, I found the blog post:
Decent show, sleepy crowd. A little backstage drama, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. One more show then we go home. Can't wait to see my girls.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

jr29 wrote:
jr29 wrote:It's not an autograph...but Isbell did tweet about an interaction we had one time. I used to live in Nashville and one day my girlfriend and I were in Kroger and we see Jason. We don't say anything to him.
That was in 2012 or 2013 and he was driving a Ford Ranger. My ex saw him in the same Kroger recently and he walked out and got into a BMW.
We stopped for gas somewhere in the middle of TN on the way to the Terry Pace benefit show a few summers ago and Jason and Amanda pulled in beside us to fill up as well. He was in the Ford Ranger you mentioned with a Bama sticker on the back windshield.

roland

Post by roland »

It's in a box somewhere because we've just moved, but I got Cooley to sign my DVD of Stroker Ace after a show. And yes, I already owned the movie.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

jr29 wrote:
Thats fucking awesome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

This is probably the highlight of my collection..

Poster from my first homecoming, and first orange peel shows.

The drumsticks are both stage used, one from each show.

DD&N 2002

Post by DD&N 2002 »

At shows DBT has often sold a fully signed show poster in addition to the unsigned one. I must have about 15 of those at this point. I got Patterson to sign a solo CD at a meet and greet and i guess the oldest thing i have fully signed by the band are a couple of Decoration Day posters they signed for me after an in store set in June of 2003 at the now long gone Tower Records that was in Union Square NYC (an afternoon show before the Bowery Ballroom rock show that night).

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tyler wrote:\
Poster from my first homecoming, and first orange peel shows.

The drumsticks are both stage used, one from each show.
That's really nice!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

DD&N 2002 wrote:At shows DBT has often sold a fully signed show poster in addition to the unsigned one.
It should be noted that for the last few tours all the posters are signed, they no longer offer an unsigned one. First time I noticed this was in Greensboro back in the Fall. Every show I've gone to since has been the same.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

This one was signed backstage at the Continental Club in Houston.....I also have several photos from that night that I have shared before.

I also have a pair of Brad's sticks (two different shows), a pick from both Cooley and Patterson.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Tha Criddler

Post by Tha Criddler »

I have this one of my daughters. We saw the Truckers on her birthday. They sang and got the crowd to sing happy birthday to her.
Patton and Jay got the boys to sign this poster later that night.