Message from Cooley and DBT Family

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dogstar

Re: Message from Cooley and DBT Family

Post by dogstar »

Best wishes in what ever you choose to do in the future Matt and thanks for an awesome job at the Rock shows.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

You'll be sorely missed, Matt. You've got a great ear. I always made it a point to stand by the soundboard and enjoy the mix whenever I could. One of my favorite memories was from a Georgia Theatre show--EZB was so into it at the end of A&F that he stood up and pushed the giant bass drum over sending it crashing into the equipment. I looked over and saw Matt, Cole, and Paul lock eyes with giant grins on their faces and simultaneously throw up the devil horn sign. As TC says, it's about family. Rock on sir.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Worked a bunch of shows with Matt. Dude was always 100% on top of it and incredibly nice.
One of my favorite people to work with out of the 1000s of shows I've done over the years.
Big shoes to fill, wonder who will take the reins.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

The Beacon

Post by The Beacon »

All the best Matt, Slanj

Kevidently

Post by Kevidently »

I never met Matt, but I saw him at so many shows and his influence is obvious. Be well, Matt! Thank you for everything!

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It's funny Matt and I were at the same college at the same time. I knew guys in the Yams from Outer Space but didn't know Mattador. Talk about hitting a home run. To go from there to where he ended up is simply amazing. Best of luck in the future!!! :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

So who's taking Matt's place at the board? Won't be the same without him there.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

From Cole Taylor's FB page

Tomorrow I begin my first run as Tour Manager for Drive-By Truckers. Its been a dream of mine for quite some time I am beyond thrilled to take on the challenge. I look forward to steering this ship while honoring the band and crew themselves, the Drive-By Trucker fanbase, and a man who left me damn near impossible shoes to fill, who I've considered a mentor, a friend, a second father, and a tour manager, Mr. Matt DeFilippis .

Wyatt--formerly stage monitors--will be handling FOH duties and Henry Barbe will be on the stage monitors
Always go to the show

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

Good luck to Cole. May he stand as ever ready, able and rearing to go as his predecessor. Gonna miss the hell out of Matt.

I think he ought to get his own "former band members" thread on here, but that's just me.