DBT On Kate Snow's MSNBC Show

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

potatoeater

DBT On Kate Snow's MSNBC Show

Post by potatoeater »

I just got home. Did I miss it? 3:45PM Eastern here. If so, please tell me someone captured this in some format.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

potatoeater

Re: DBT On Kate Snow's MSNBC Show

Post by potatoeater »

OK, just saw at the end of her program the full interview and song will be on the show's website later.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

That was sure an anti-climax.

The obviously edited it down because they implied that the Dimmer Twins would be singing What it Means, so it looks like they got cut so three more mindless talking heads could address the crucial question of whether the democratic party is united. Leaving aside that it was DBT that got cut which i know is not that important to most of the misguided viewing public, who decides these things? What is this disunity theme about? Why is it important? In case I had any doubt I am reminded of why I don't watch news channels. Or conventions.

The woman from Emily's List did a really bad job trying to avoid answering whether she wants to be chair of the DNC. Don't they coach these people, and if so, can't they do a better job? What's wrong with "I'm not going to answer that right now."?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

MSNBC LIVE WITH KATE SNOW 7/26/16
Drive-By Truckers band on Dem unity
The alt-country rock band, Drive-By Truckers, will be performing their unique blend of rock infused music with a political message down the road from the DNC at Gabby Gifford’s “Americans for Responsible Solutions” event. MSNBC’s Kate Snow spoke to the band about the need for party unity.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:MSNBC LIVE WITH KATE SNOW 7/26/16
The alt-country rock band, Drive-By Truckers, will be performing their unique blend of rock infused music with a political message down the road from the DNC at Gabby Gifford’s “Americans for Responsible Solutions” event. MSNBC’s Kate Snow spoke to the band about the need for party unity.
^^^^ Alsum!! The boys did pretty well for themselves.

Btw that looks like the full uncut version, not what you saw, bubba.
If you don't run you rust

Kudzu Guillotine

There's also a full performance of "What It Means" out there though they did sort of rush through it due to time limitations. So far, I've only found it on Facebook and Twitter.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:MSNBC LIVE WITH KATE SNOW 7/26/16
^^^^ Alsum!! The boys did pretty well for themselves.

Btw that looks like the full uncut version, not what you saw, bubba.
Yeah, they said there would be more on their webpage. I'm talking about re-arranging my schedule and hanging around the tv for an hour feeling like an idiot and definitely made stupider having to watch what passes for news on a slow Tuesday afternoon. On the live show* they were literally on camera for less than a minute. And why would you go to the Dimmer Twins for opinions on Democratic Party unity? Of all the possible subjects in all the conventions in all the world...

*The show was in real time; the segment was obviously taped and edited.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Well all of this has Facebook blowing up again. I just don't get it... What the fuck songs from the DBT catalog have these people been limiting themselves to all these years to not know where they stand? I guess it is more that they just were not really listening and just heard screaming guitars and mentions of the Southland. I say good riddance MOTHER FU@#ERS! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Maybe it will lead to fewer obnoxious drunks screaming Daddy's Cup and Sinkhole at the shows. (Not that I don't love both of those songs.) :P

I know all of this has been discussed on this forum already. Though I had not weighed in at any point yet. I finally just had to say something about the fucktard exodus.

Kudzu Guillotine

potatoeater wrote:Well all of this has Facebook blowing up again. I just don't get it... What the fuck songs from the DBT catalog have these people been limiting themselves to all these years to not know where they stand? I guess it is more that they just were not really listening and just heard screaming guitars and mentions of the Southland. I say good riddance MOTHER FU@#ERS! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Maybe it will lead to fewer obnoxious drunks screaming Daddy's Cup and Sinkhole at the shows. (Not that I don't love both of those songs.) :P

I know all of this has been discussed on this forum already. Though I had not weighed in at any point yet. I finally just had to say something about the fucktard exodus.
This is not unique to the Truckers fanbase. I see it often on the official R.E.M. Facebook page as well (not nearly as much on the fan pages). In regards to the official Truckers FB page, I chalk it up to either casual fans or outright trolls who don't have to "Like" the page in order to post. Some of the comments are hilarious like trying to make the case that the band was better during the Isbell era and how that somehow has something to do the current lineups' politics. Then, there was the guy that figured he would change minds by saying he once tuned Cooley's guitar and handed it to him. Cooley has been just as outspoken as Patterson when it comes to politics, especially in recent years and particularly, now.

P51 Someday

Post by P51 Someday »

Deleted
Last edited by P51 Someday on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StormandStatic

Post by StormandStatic »

P51 Someday wrote:I've been a huge DBT fan for 13 years, a lot less then a lot of you have. I've only been to 15 shows and 3 Homecomings, I've probably met a bunch of you. DBT changed my life, I don't know what I would do without them. I've always known which way they have leaned politically and I hate both nominees, but to have them spend a career putting so eloquently what no other artist could manage to say about how fucking corrupt politicians are and then play in support of one of the most corrupt, evil, scumbag whores on the planet really leaves me guessing. I'm not a republican. Im just a confused Dbt fan.
I know you've got one post so you're probably trolling me, but, I'll bite:

Gabby Giffords? A former Representative who survived a gunshot wound to the head? It was her event they played.

Will

Post by Will »

And regardless of your politics, referring to the female nominee for president as a whore is pretty gross.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

StormandStatic wrote:
P51 Someday wrote:I've been a huge DBT fan for 13 years, a lot less then a lot of you have. I've only been to 15 shows and 3 Homecomings, I've probably met a bunch of you. DBT changed my life, I don't know what I would do without them. I've always known which way they have leaned politically and I hate both nominees, but to have them spend a career putting so eloquently what no other artist could manage to say about how fucking corrupt politicians are and then play in support of one of the most corrupt, evil, scumbag whores on the planet really leaves me guessing. I'm not a republican. Im just a confused Dbt fan.
I know you've got one post so you're probably trolling me, but, I'll bite:

Gabby Giffords? A former Representative who survived a gunshot wound to the head? It was her event they played.
See, e.g., Cooley's explanation of "why they're there" in the MSNBC interview.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Will wrote:And regardless of your politics, referring to the female nominee for president as a whore is pretty gross.
Amen.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

hell of a first post :?
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Don't feed the troll.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

The hate is so discouraging whether real or trolling. Either way, in the name of common decency take it somewhere else.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Markalanbishop wrote:The hate is so discouraging whether real or trolling. Either way, in the name of common decency take it somewhere else.
Common decency you say? I think I remember my parents talking about that. What does it look like?

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

P51 Someday wrote:scumbag whores
Hey buddy. Fuck you.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Markalanbishop wrote:The hate is so discouraging whether real or trolling. Either way, in the name of common decency take it somewhere else.
Common decency you say? I think I remember my parents talking about that. What does it look like?
It's long gone. Maybe it sunk with the Titanic, or maybe it's lost it's way and is trying to get out of the Orange Man's hair. Either way it's sorely needed now.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

As a coincidence to this guy calling Hillary a whore, a female facebook friend of mine posted the following this morning:

"Hillary is no more incompetent, a liar or a war hawk than your average politician as proven by many an objective agency. So I can only conclude that the "evil Hillary" narrative is essentially the political equivalent of the double standard at play in regards to sexuality, i.e., "men who have a lot of sex are studs and women who do are whores". Patriarchy is alive and well in America."

IDK. This has caused me to reflect some today. At the very least we ought to take some time ponder whether a lot of the Hillary hatred comes from the fact that she is a woman playing what to date in the U.S. has been a man's game.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Duke Silver wrote:hell of a first post :?
must have been Cub, Wolf's son.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

tinnitus photography wrote:
that the best you got, kid? 8-)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

tinnitus photography wrote:
that is so beyond the pale, tinnitus................................

everyone knows wolf babies are pups, not cubs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Humboldt wrote:As a coincidence to this guy calling Hillary a whore, a female facebook friend of mine posted the following this morning:

"Hillary is no more incompetent, a liar or a war hawk than your average politician as proven by many an objective agency. So I can only conclude that the "evil Hillary" narrative is essentially the political equivalent of the double standard at play in regards to sexuality, i.e., "men who have a lot of sex are studs and women who do are whores". Patriarchy is alive and well in America."

...hey, wait....I think that is the subject matter of "Filthy and Fried". Cooley is awesome.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

pearlbeer wrote:
Humboldt wrote:As a coincidence to this guy calling Hillary a whore, a female facebook friend of mine posted the following this morning:

...hey, wait....I think that is the subject matter of "Filthy and Fried". Cooley is awesome.
That's not what I think the song is about at all. But the magic of their songwriting is that it can mean different things to each of us.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I never did find the full version. Anyone have a link to it?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

I feel like someone somewhere posted a link to a full length cut but I don't remember where, if I remember correctly in the first place. I would like to have it though. It's like I remember seeing the link and thinking I'll check that out later and never did.

Kudzu Guillotine

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I never did find the full version. Anyone have a link to it?
I posted it upthread. For those that prefer not to scroll, this is it. There was also a brief, rushed version of "What It Means" but I never saw it posted anywhere but on Facebook and Twitter.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I never did find the full version. Anyone have a link to it?
I posted it upthread. For those that prefer not to scroll, this is it. There was also a brief, rushed version of "What It Means" but I never saw it posted anywhere but on Facebook and Twitter.
I'd heard they were going to post a fuller version of what went over the "air" on the MSNBC website. Is that it?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be