Songs you wanna see brought back

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: Songs you wanna see brought back

Post by Clams »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
dogstar wrote:When the Sun Don't Shine
doesn't a song have to go away before you can wanna see it brought back?
Dogstar lives in Europe so everything is the opposite for him. A song that's still here for us in the US might already be gone for him over there. It has to do with Greenwich time and meridians and time zones and shit. Crossing hemispheres is complicated. Like when you travel and have to adjust your watch when you land, it can also make songs appear or disappear.
If you don't run you rust

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Clams wrote:
Dogstar lives in Europe so everything is the opposite for him. A song that's still here for us in the US might already be gone for him over there. It has to do with Greenwich time and meridians and time zones and shit. Crossing hemispheres is complicated. Like when you travel and have to adjust your watch when you land, it can also make songs appear or disappear.
They didn't play it at any of the West Coast shows I saw last year. It seems to have become a bit of a rarity in the US too.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Seems like they've dropped WWW from the setlists on this recent leg of touring. Never like to see that go away for an extended period of time
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Zip City wrote:Seems like they've dropped WWW from the setlists on this recent leg of touring. Never like to see that go away for an extended period of time
Nah, I'd be cool with a few old standbys being shelved for a bit and traded out for some deeper cuts.

Except for Heathens and the Living Bubba, of course.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Smitty wrote:
Zip City wrote:Seems like they've dropped WWW from the setlists on this recent leg of touring. Never like to see that go away for an extended period of time
Nah, I'd be cool with a few old standbys being shelved for a bit and traded out for some deeper cuts.

Except for Heathens and the Living Bubba, of course.
WWW takes every show to the next level.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip City wrote: WWW takes every show to the next level.
There are songs I've grown tired of but WWW and Zip City are 2 that I can listen to at every single show I attend.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

brett27295 wrote:
Zip City wrote: WWW takes every show to the next level.
There are songs I've grown tired of but WWW and Zip City are 2 that I can listen to at every single show I attend.
People on the Moon and Sinkhole would fit into that category as well, at least for me....
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Its a show tune. What do you expect?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Clams wrote:
Point taken but I don't think any of that comes into play UNLESS one crosses the equator . ;)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

9 Bullets
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

TDB

Post by TDB »

Considering we are stuck with President Pussy Grabber for at least two years how about "Demonic Possession"?

TDB

Post by TDB »

"(He) said the only thing that's buging HIM is Hell's filling up with Republican's!"

Eem

Post by Eem »

We're 10 days out from Homecoming. I've determined a full band COTTONSEED is the #1 song they could do that would make me forget my Social Security Number

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Eem wrote:We're 10 days out from Homecoming. I've determined a full band COTTONSEED is the #1 song they could do that would make me forget my Social Security Number
I've always wondered what that would be like. How they'd pace it, the drums, the guitar, etc. Do a TFP version of it, like they did with Goode's Field Road (which I think rivals, if not outshines, the "slow" version). Not happnin', but would be amazing.

Along with a cover of NY's Revolution Blues (of course).

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Cooley did WWW in Denver last month.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Eem

Post by Eem »

ramonz wrote:
Eem wrote:We're 10 days out from Homecoming. I've determined a full band COTTONSEED is the #1 song they could do that would make me forget my Social Security Number
I've always wondered what that would be like. How they'd pace it, the drums, the guitar, etc. Do a TFP version of it, like they did with Goode's Field Road (which I think rivals, if not outshines, the "slow" version). Not happnin', but would be amazing.

Along with a cover of NY's Revolution Blues (of course).
I love the live versions with Jason but they've only done it a handful of times without him. This one included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DacedI1UGE

Most of Cooley's songs have massive balls but Cottonseed has bigger balls than all of them

gepman

Post by gepman »

Back of The Bible (with an extended solo at the end). Always wished the studio version had a longer one.

The Assassin - Jason, early on with the 400 Unit, did a great job with this one.

One of These Days - I know its back in the loop, but haven't been lucky enough to catch it live since its reintroduction.