Does anyone have a spare Cooley/Hood 2016 shirt?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Does anyone have a spare Cooley/Hood 2016 shirt?

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I managed to put both of mine into my suitcase for Homecoming, and that suitcase got lost in transit and disappeared, which was the start of a somewhat disastrous week for me. (My prescription sunglasses were also in the suitcase, so it was an expensive loss along with an emotional one--I was very fond of those and my other shirts and some other small items that mattered--but such is life.) If someone has a spare large or extra large they'd be willing to let go of, I would be appropriately appreciative.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

09Gamecock

Re: Does anyone have a spare Cooley/Hood 2016 shirt?

Post by 09Gamecock »

I've seen/heard a few people asking for these shirts. What would it take for someone to have another run of them printed up? Maybe even do them on a blue shirt instead of a white one? Seems like there would be plenty of folks interested.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Man, that's a bummer, sorry to hear your stuff was lost. I think another run of them in a color other than white is a great idea. I'd get one.

John A Arkansawyer

I didn't intend to incite a "make some more" shirts thread. If I find one, I'll be thrilled. If not, well, there's always the re-election campaign in 2020.
walthers wrote:Man, that's a bummer, sorry to hear your stuff was lost.
Me, too. The funny (for certain definitions of funny that don't involve me laughing) thing is that I caused it to get lost at least in part on my own. I was so focused on keeping the record I bought at the auction--for a friend, I might add--dry, that I forgot to get my suitcase from the sidewalk till too late. And when I got off the bus in Little Rock, I managed to put a little bump into one of the record cover's corners, just enough that you couldn't call it mint. I'm pretty sure there's a lesson in all this, but I'm not sure what it is.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

walthers

Post by walthers »

Sounds like a string of unfortunate events. Did you have any contact info on your luggage? Maybe it could be returned???

John A Arkansawyer

walthers wrote:Sounds like a string of unfortunate events. Did you have any contact info on your luggage? Maybe it could be returned???
I'm pretty sure it's sitting in the innards of Megabus somewhere, because no one has tried to use any of the credit cards that were in my cargo pants, also lost. I can't imagine someone stealing the suitcase and the credit cards not getting tried out. But there wasn't a tag on the outside, so who really knows?

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

I mean seriously.....if there is enough of us wanting one, can't another run be done?
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

John, PM me your address. I have an XL that will likely not get worn, you're welcome to it.

If there ever is a run in another color, you can sign me up 'tho, I just can't pull off a white shirt, momma raised a slob, what can I say?
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

You put your credit cards in your luggage? :shock: :shock: I'm sorry that you lost your stuff; that sucks. Period. But please do yourself a favor in the future and don't put stuff like that or prescriptions (including prescription glasses - i know exactly how much those suckers cost) anywhere but on your person or in a bag/container you have w/ you at all times.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

GW in IA wrote:John, PM me your address. I have an XL that will likely not get worn, you're welcome to it.
I'm going to wait a couple of days before sending it to you to give you every chance to change your mind. I really hate taking one that's not a spare. That said, if you'd like one of my 2008 XL shirts, I'll pick the least beat of the two and send it to you. Neither one is in perfect shape--I mean, they're four-year-old white t-shirts--but they're both wearable.
beantownbubba wrote:You put your credit cards in your luggage? :shock: :shock: I'm sorry that you lost your stuff; that sucks. Period. But please do yourself a favor in the future and don't put stuff like that or prescriptions (including prescription glasses - i know exactly how much those suckers cost) anywhere but on your person or in a bag/container you have w/ you at all times.
Well, this is what happened. I'd changed from my cargo pants (also now lost) into my jeans for the second night--I think I got some sort of metaphorical crap on the cargo pants--and decided not to carry more than one credit card in Athens, so I left the others in my cargo pants. Then the next morning, when I packed hurriedly--taking that cheap dollar bus back home means I leave for Atlanta after the Saturday show, maybe taking a rest at a truck stop on the way--I put the pants in the suitcase without taking out the credit cards. As for the glasses...

When I stopped to take that nap, I set my phone to wake me up in time to get to the airport, drop off the rental car, and take MARTA to the bus stop. All that worked out well, with the exception that I had no car charger with me--I usually take one, but not this time--and forgot to turn off wifi, so by the time I'd gotten on the MARTA, the phone died. Unfortunately for me, my reservation code for the bus was on my phone, so I had to find an outlet for my wall charger in the MARTA station to get the code off the phone, and that made me just late enough to miss the bus. Had I not had a backpack, a suitcase, and a record with me, and if I'd slept the night before, it would've been a pleasant day seeing Atlanta again. As it was, I ended up going back to the airport, where I knew I could find a place to nap for an hour or two, in a hallway of one of the then-closed office areas. (I've done a lot of traveling on a shoestring.) I napped very soundly--so soundly, in fact, that I woke up needing to pee so bad that I left my baggage and ran downstairs to find a restroom. How much of a hurry was I in? I made that run barefoot. Yes, into the men's room, too. Don't tell Jerry Seinfeld, okay? Clearly, I was not at my best. So when I packed, instead of putting my glasses back into my pocket, I put them into the outer pocket of my suitcase, where they'd be handy when I got off the bus in Memphis (assuming they didn't get crushed in the luggage hold).

My prescriptions were in my backpack, so there's that, and my ATM cards were in my pocket (thank goodness!), but the prescription glasses--those mirror-shade sunglasses without which I am suffering terribly lately and which I've got on order, thanks to having a flex spending benefit at work--clearly were in neither place.

It was later that week when my car lost oil pressure and the engine seized up. The guy who looked it over for me said he didn't think I'd caused it, which is something new for my problems. Mostly they're self-inflicted, but this one might just have been bad luck. And there were assorted minor indignities scattered all around which I'll spare you.

It was a great time at Homecoming, but man, was it ever a sucky week after! Which at least makes for a story, so there's that. But man, it was one sucky fucking week.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

No reason to wait, I bought it mostly because I like to see these kind of offers come around once in a while. Like I said, I just can't pull off a white shirt, so there it sits. I could use the karma anyways.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

John A Arkansawyer

GW in IA wrote:No reason to wait, I bought it mostly because I like to see these kind of offers come around once in a while. Like I said, I just can't pull off a white shirt, so there it sits. I could use the karma anyways.
Well, as long as you're getting something out of it, I'll send you a PM.

John A Arkansawyer

You know, I've been trying to figure out jsut what I might have done to deserve that crappy week, and I think I've figured it out. Remember how everyone wore their Cooley/Hood shirts to the lunch which I spaced out going to? Well, I'd given it some thought and decided it might be funny if I wore a different shirt that day. Not just any different shirt, and I don't have anything political that'd be appropriate (though if my Women For Nixon/Agnew button were a shirt...), so I thought for a bit and then realized I had the ideal candidate. Which was? Scroll on down for the unspeakable, yet obvious, truth.

I think we all know whose fault my bad luck is now.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Don't have an extra Hood/Cooley shirt,
But just realized my shirt from the 08 election is about to go through its third Presidential election.
Don't have many non-DBT t shirts that hang around this long...
If only they were running things in this country.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

John A Arkansawyer

I guess it's hard to read my Purple note in this size. What it says is:

THANK YOU! GW in IA--REMEMBER, YOU KNOW A LOCAL IN LITTLE ROCK! John A