Monroe, LA?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Monroe, LA?

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Sinkhole for real. It was ppotm to start
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Jay!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Primer coat
Jay!
Pauline

John A Arkansawyer

Matt!

John A Arkansawyer

First air
What it means
Love like this

John A Arkansawyer

DDN
I'm sure he would be proud
Because the DBTs are so motherfucking loud
For this Monroe crowd!
Gmu

John A Arkansawyer

Hell yes!/Sign o' the times

The other greatest rock show I ever saw had a medley o sign o the times. But it wasn't on the day I outlived Prince.

Shortest encore break!

John A Arkansawyer

Ramon
Grudgefuck love song to my home region. Ever South

John A Arkansawyer

3dd
Grand canyon

Come to think of it, that other show was on the seventh anniversary of John Lennon's assassination.

John A Arkansawyer

Fuck. DBT.

John A Arkansawyer

I was going to sleep on it, but why? That beats the May 2010 show. It's the other greatest rock show I've ever seen. If I had to go home and skip tomorrow night, it'd be okay.

Seriously, you all missed out.

John A Arkansawyer

So how was your night? Mine went like this: At the first song, I thought, "There is so much joy in the telling of a sad story." It's good that the Mary Alices have someone to say their names.

Putting People on the Moon
Uncle Frank
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Where the Devil Don't Stay
The Southern Thing
Made Up English Oceans
Hold On --This was a little faster than usual and I liked it better that way. Cooley played this one particular lick that just killed me.
Women Without Whiskey --Patterson is such a tasteful soloist. It wasn't complicated or fast, just perfect.
Tales Facing Up
Sounds Better in the Song
Mercy Buckets
Marry Me
Sinkhole --Jay was so good on this and...
Primer Coat --...this.
Pauline Hawkins --Whereas Matt just drove this one.
First Air of Autumn --This is where I won the next round from one of my show buddies. Stealing the signals for the songs pays off. Granted, she got me a Bud Light, but it was free.
What It Means --This was played a bit more forcefully than I'd heard it before. Or maybe more urgently.
Love Like This
Dead Drunk and Naked --
I'm sure he would be proud
Because the Drive-By Truckers are so motherfucking loud
For this Monroe crowd!
Guitar Man Upstairs
Hell No, I'm Not Happy/Sign of the Times

After the best closer since my first show, then there came the shortest encore break ever.

Ramon Casiano
Ever South --
A grudgefuck love song to my home region
Three Dimes Down
Grand Canyon

Twenty-five songs, about 2:15, and one of the best shows I've ever seen. The best DBT show, and a top five, at least, lifetime. I could turn around and go home and not go to the Jackson show and it would be okay. But...what if they're better tonight?
Last edited by John A Arkansawyer on Mon May 02, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbernat77

Post by mbernat77 »

Of the 20+ shows I've been to this was one of the best. The set list was great and the venue was nice because you were pretty much eye level and only ten feet away from the band. Can't believe I've lived in Funroe for over two years and never went to this place before. Will definitely be back, hope the truckers do too.

John A Arkansawyer

Courtesy of LeeBits Dinklebob:

ETA: I just recovered something I'd thought earlier about this set: It opened with Putting People On The Moon and ended with a medley including a song than mentions putting people on the moon. Fearful symmetry.