Little Rock? Yes, Little Rock! April 13th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Little Rock? Yes, Little Rock! April 13th

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

porkulator wrote:
hogfan wrote: I finally got to hang with the cool kids.
I don't know about all that.
It was a really good time though.
I was going to say, the guy who taped the last show and brings CDs of it to the next one is, by definition, a cooler kid than me.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

brett27295 wrote:A very interesting and slightly unusual setlist. Would love to hear Plastic Flowers and Birmingham.
Hearing Plastic Flowers and Birmingham--especially after I thought I'd missed my shot by not going to the Birmingham shows--was pretty fine. I'd missed Birmingham at Cain's because I had to wait till the kid was down to drive to Tulsa and got there not long before the encore break.
brett27295 wrote:Looks like One of These Days is becoming a semi-regular again, which is nice. Really surprised you guys didn't get any new songs.
Much as I'd like to have gotten some new material, I think we're going to have more chances at it in the very near future.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
porkulator wrote:
hogfan wrote: I finally got to hang with the cool kids.
I don't know about all that.
It was a really good time though.
I was going to say, the guy who taped the last show and brings CDs of it to the next one is, by definition, a cooler kid than me.
Without a doubt!
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

John A Arkansawyer

This is a bit off-topic, but it's the likeliest way to get people in the Little Rock area to notice:

Peter Guralnick is speaking on Saturday at 5:30 at the Oxford American Annex. Free admission.

Philip Martin is speaking today at noon at the Main Library's East Room. Again, free admission.

There's other musical stuff, including a concert for kids by Brian and Terri Kinder and a drum circle, both on Saturday, and much, much more, almost all of it for free. For the full details: 2016 Arkansas Literary Festival

gutshot

Post by gutshot »

brett27295 wrote:A very interesting and slightly unusual setlist. Would love to hear Plastic Flowers and Birmingham.
Hearing Plastic Flowers and Birmingham--especially after I thought I'd missed my shot by not going to the Birmingham shows--was pretty fine. I'd missed Birmingham at Cain's because I had to wait till the kid was down to drive to Tulsa and got there not long before the encore break.
Coincidentally, they played Brimingham the night the lights went out at the Rev Room, also. Power went down while they were playing 72 (This Highway's Mean) and then the epic Bulldozers and Dirt ensued. That was on a weekend, and it seems like every LR show since then has been on a weeknight, which is not feasible for me unfortunately. I hate missing them when they are so close.
The sun, it rises one more time, and I'm still standing here.

John A Arkansawyer

gutshot wrote:
Coincidentally, they played Brimingham the night the lights went out at the Rev Room, also. Power went down while they were playing 72 (This Highway's Mean) and then the epic Bulldozers and Dirt ensued. That was on a weekend, and it seems like every LR show since then has been on a weeknight, which is not feasible for me unfortunately. I hate missing them when they are so close.
I've missed them twice in Little Rock (at least--I didn't get the ROCK SHOW until I saw them live in late 2008, and I may have missed some before then), and I kinda regret choosing to miss that one. I don't regret at all skipping the festival set to take my daughter to the Buffalo River, though. A full show would've made it a harder decision. I would have made the same call, though. It just would've hurt more.

gutshot

Post by gutshot »

John A Arkansawyer wrote: I've missed them twice in Little Rock (at least--I didn't get the ROCK SHOW until I saw them live in late 2008, and I may have missed some before then), and I kinda regret choosing to miss that one. I don't regret at all skipping the festival set to take my daughter to the Buffalo River, though. A full show would've made it a harder decision. I would have made the same call, though. It just would've hurt more.
Didn't they play a show in Little Rock a few years ago with James McMurty opening for them? I think my brother went to that one but I missed it for some reason.
The sun, it rises one more time, and I'm still standing here.

John A Arkansawyer

gutshot wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote: I've missed them twice in Little Rock (at least--I didn't get the ROCK SHOW until I saw them live in late 2008, and I may have missed some before then), and I kinda regret choosing to miss that one. I don't regret at all skipping the festival set to take my daughter to the Buffalo River, though. A full show would've made it a harder decision. I would have made the same call, though. It just would've hurt more.
Didn't they play a show in Little Rock a few years ago with James McMurty opening for them? I think my brother went to that one but I missed it for some reason.
I have strong memories of that show. The supposedly relevant part is near the end, right after the Cate Brothers video.