Red Rocks on August 20, 2016

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Red Rocks on August 20, 2016

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

walthers wrote:Oh I know, my dad lives in roseville(I'm originally from sac and went to school in Chico), he rubs it in all the time! Funny thing is, it was 70 degrees on Tuesday. Spring weather out here is odd to say the least!
Nice! I am in Chico, been here since 96

I couldn't even tell you how many times I've mowed already this year
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

walthers

Post by walthers »

That's one of my favorite towns. Although, speaking of mowing, I had never had such bad allergies until I moved there!

whatwouldcooleydo?

walthers wrote:That's one of my favorite towns. Although, speaking of mowing, I had never had such bad allergies until I moved there!
Oh yeah, it's one of our hallmarks. It's been heinous of late with things having been in bloom for so long already. It's 70 right now, have all the windows and doors open except the ones in the room with the stereo, the neighbor doesn't wanna hear Grateful Dead blasting :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

walthers wrote:That is awesome! No doubt enough snow yesterday to do that, we got a bunch.
Ice cream truck just drove by our house (pretty much the run every month out of the year)

John Cash's Suitcase

Post by John Cash's Suitcase »

I'm going! Tickets bought last night. Pretty steep "fees". but what can you do?. Long drive, but I can make this a family camping trip. Got the weirdness in the truck sorted out, plenty of spare tires and ready to roll. Might even fix the water to the toilet by then.

Always wanted to see Red Rocks, and this is a triple bill I can justify the trip.

I'll have homebrew. Look me up!
25 cents shy

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

About to pull the trigger on the Aspen + Red Rocks shows. DBT+Fishing along the way. Hell, I might just camp as well. Lord knows I won't need a shower on Saturday with the YMSB crowd.

Any updates on the Red Rocks show...which band is opening?
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

pearlbeer wrote:About to pull the trigger on the Aspen + Red Rocks shows. DBT+Fishing along the way. Hell, I might just camp as well. Lord knows I won't need a shower on Saturday with the YMSB crowd.

Any updates on the Red Rocks show...which band is opening?
I believe Yonder will close & Preservation Hall will open, leaving DBT as the middle men.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

In with Mark Lynn. Aspen and Red Rocks!!!
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

BigTom wrote:In with Mark Lynn. Aspen and Red Rocks!!!
You guys are in for a real nice weekend here in the Rocky Mountains. Aspen in the summer is one of the nicest, most pleasant places in the world. And the Belly Up is THE ideal venue for the Rock Show. Tiny (400 people?), low ceilings, in a basement and right in town. It's fairly legendary, at least here in CO. And who knows, maybe you end up doing blow w Charlie Sheen in the bathroom. And Red Rocks speaks for itself. Assuming you guys will have a car, go over Independence Pass verses going I 70 to Glenwood Springs. Pretty sure Independence Pass is quicker but it's infinitely more beautiful.

I'm also in for both, will have to meet up to say hello before the Belly Up.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

maxjkugel

Post by maxjkugel »

Held out on the Red Rocks show in case of a headlining CO spot...last time they played the Belly Up was a blast. There isn't an opening act now, either.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Ticket for the Red Rawk show arrived today. I'm ready.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Too bad it's not a DBT/Dixie Chicks bill. Those women have been walking the walk for a long time.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

TW_2.0 wrote:Live WebCast available
https://tourgigs.com/show/ymsb_20160820/
I'll be watching! $15 with 30 day on-demand.

AUTHORIZED! :D
Last edited by potatoeater on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

It seems even news of this Tour Gigs stream is pissing off some people. :roll:

Some bitching that it isn't free. Some bitching that last year the live stream had glitches. If these people are so unhappy with the DBTs I really wish they would just go on already. What is the point of sticking around? They must be miserable, lonely people whose only pleasure in life is trolling Facebook posts.

These people don't deserve the attention but I think Cooley could write a wonderful song directed towards these whinge-bags that would let them know just how many fucks are given in regard to their opinions and complaints.

I apologize for the language, mods. I cleaned it up as much as possible before finally posting.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Watched it last year on my Roku. Stream and audio were excellent
Always go to the show

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Jonicont wrote:Watched it last year on my Roku. Stream and audio were excellent
Indeed. Same here. So many variables when it comes to live streaming. The errors can come from any point between their uplink and your screen. The 30 day on demand access easily makes up for any issues they may encounter during live stream. If these whinge-bags think they can do better perhaps they should get on it. Build and buy their own hardware, set up or rent servers that can handle hundreds or thousands of simultaneous connections streaming HD A/V and write their own encoder/decoder software. Secure the broadcasting rights and pay a team of people to make it all go off without a hitch.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I might stream it and I'll be there! I mean a man has to pee....

Any 3DD scheduled meet up for Aspen or RR?

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

It would be incredibly awesome if they play The Distance at this Red Rocks show. I want to hear a "clean" version of this song so bad I can't stand it. I would pay twice for this stream if they would just get this song in the set. Tough To Let Go would be cool too. But PLEASE The Distance! John C. , can you pull some strings for us (me)? :lol:

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

potatoeater wrote:It seems even news of this Tour Gigs stream is pissing off some people. :roll:
Fuck those whiny bastards.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

potatoeater wrote:I think Cooley could write a wonderful song directed towards these whinge-bags that would let them know just how many fucks are given in regard to their opinions and complaints.
You don't understand! Daddy loves us:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Bummed to report I'm going to bail on the Belly Up. First world problems but I just got back from Europe and the thought of rushing out of work Friday for a 3.5 hr drive, not to mention another Saturday morning where my 2 yr old son wakes up without Dad there is just all around too much. But psyched for Red Rocks!

Anyone in the know know what time the various bands are going on?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Gaetzi wrote: Anyone in the know know what time the various bands are going on?
From my understanding gates are at 530, show at 630. Schedule is PHJB, DBT, YMSB. I'd guess 90min sets for each, so roughly:

630 - PHJB
800 - DBT
930 - YMSB

Sunset is at 754 :) Hopefully the weather holds out.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to crash in Aspen and Morrison after the shows? I can't guarantee I'll be in a position to safely drive, so walking distance or a short Uber/Cab ride would be preferred.

maxjkugel

Post by maxjkugel »

pearlbeer wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for places to crash in Aspen and Morrison after the shows? I can't guarantee I'll be in a position to safely drive, so walking distance or a short Uber/Cab ride would be preferred.
The Tyrolean Lodge is about as reasonable as Aspen gets unless you stay at the hostel or camp http://www.tyroleanlodge.com/

There is also a bus that runs down valley, so Carbondale/Glenwood area is an option, but I doubt it's significantly cheaper.

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

pearlbeer wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for places to crash in Aspen and Morrison after the shows? I can't guarantee I'll be in a position to safely drive, so walking distance or a short Uber/Cab ride would be preferred.
I was able to book a room in the Westin Snowmass Village for about $100, and saw rates a bit cheaper than that a few days later. There's a free bus from Aspen to Snowmass that departs every half hour until 2:15 a.m. and takes 30 minutes to get to Snowmass. Crossing my fingers and hoping that's all good information, with the understanding that I may end up in a taxi in a pinch.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

The Belly Up is right downtown in Aspen.. I'd do a quick Hotels.com and or VRBO search.. It's Aspen in August so cheap is all relative but you'll have a bunch of options within walking distance.

Red Rocks has zero options within walking distance. Most people I know stay here for the Panic Red Rocks run:http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/d ... iott-west/ I think it's about 7 miles from RR and as close as it gets. RR is about 25-30 minutes from downtown Denver so the other angle is to stay in the city (there isn't much going on near that Marriot I linked) and arrange an Uber, cab, etc to get you to and from the show. But that all depends on how much time you have in CO and what you want to do/see

walthers

Post by walthers »

I live 20 minutes from RR right off of highway 70. The wife and I took uber after the MMJ show and with surge pricing and all the BS it cost us $95 to get home. Just thought I'd put that out there since I know with the Broncos playing Saturday night the uber surge will probably be high again.

McButton

Post by McButton »

Anyone have an idea which of the 2 co-headliners will close the show?

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

From a few posts up:

From my understanding gates are at 530, show at 630. Schedule is PHJB, DBT, YMSB. I'd guess 90min sets for each, so roughly:

630 - PHJB
800 - DBT
930 - YMSB