Jonicont

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Jonicont

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I had meant to post this yesterday but was dealing with the Athens crud and didn't have a ton of cogent thoughts. Fortunately I was reminded again this morning by a FB post. I encourage you all to thank and congratulate John on all he does for this community all year long, and most especially at Homecoming. This is the guy that arranged the tee-shirts and buttons, organizes the fundraiser, arranges for the live stream and produces the DVD on his own. That's just for starters. He helps people find tickets, answers to their questions and gets everyone involved in the activities every single year. This stuff does not get done by itself folks. Outside of Homecoming he runs this board, deals with problems as they arise and does some terrific taping and video recording throughout the year. If you check out the jonicont YouTube channel you'll find a ton of high quality video clips that would be the envy of just about every band's fanbase. Nobody pays John for his efforts, he just does what he does out of love for the band and genuine desire to make the fan experience good for all y'all. The next time you see him at a show please let him know how much joy you get from his hard work but until then let's just make sure that he knows how much everyone appreciates him. Well done John, another great year in the books.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

psychobillycadillac

Re: Jonicont

Post by psychobillycadillac »

I was one of those that John helped find tickets for. Thank you again John!

Clams

Post by Clams »

All hail! And he's a pretty nice guy too.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Thanks John!
Keep calm and have a cigar

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Thank you John.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

He even got my kids a pair of EZB drum sticks each after the Norfolk show this summer! Thanks for all you do Doc.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I had meant to post this yesterday but was dealing with the Athens crud and didn't have a ton of cogent thoughts. Fortunately I was reminded again this morning by a FB post. I encourage you all to thank and congratulate John on all he does for this community all year long, and most especially at Homecoming. This is the guy that arranged the tee-shirts and buttons, organizes the fundraiser, arranges for the live stream and produces the DVD on his own. That's just for starters. He helps people find tickets, answers to their questions and gets everyone involved in the activities every single year. This stuff does not get done by itself folks. Outside of Homecoming he runs this board, deals with problems as they arise and does some terrific taping and video recording throughout the year. If you check out the jonicont YouTube channel you'll find a ton of high quality video clips that would be the envy of just about every band's fanbase. Nobody pays John for his efforts, he just does what he does out of love for the band and genuine desire to make the fan experience good for all y'all. The next time you see him at a show please let him know how much you joy you get from his hard work but until then let's just make sure that he knows how much everyone appreciates him. Well done John, another great year in the books.

Postby Clams » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:13 pm
All hail! And he's a pretty nice guy too.

Absolutely!! What they said. A good man, a great friend and an incredible and irreplaceable part of the DBT community.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Jonicont was the one who pointed me towards the HC and convinced me it was possible when I first joined here some years back.

I owe you big time.

Thanks John!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Absolutely what everyone else said. Thank you so much for what you do, John.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Good to see you again, John!

The club definitely appreciates all you do, too. :ugeek:

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Damn TC--blowin' my hardass cover. Thanks, luv ya buddy. And thanks to everyone for dropping in and making this place what it is. Wouldn't be nuthin' if I was the only one here
Always go to the show

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Jonicont wrote:Damn TC--blowin' my hardass cover. Thanks, luv ya buddy. And thanks to everyone for dropping in and making this place what it is. Wouldn't be nuthin' if I was the only one here
Sharp f'n shirt you had on Saturday, as well.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

lynne

Post by lynne »

What they all said - Thanks Dr. John. You are one of a kind!
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Thanks for everything, Jonicont! :)
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

ol' Doc is a good one!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I blame all those early Fillmore East Grateful Dead shows he attended.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Smitty wrote:
Jonicont wrote:Damn TC--blowin' my hardass cover. Thanks, luv ya buddy. And thanks to everyone for dropping in and making this place what it is. Wouldn't be nuthin' if I was the only one here
Sharp f'n shirt you had on Saturday, as well.
Thanks. Photo courtesy of Jason Thrasher

Always go to the show

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

That is one sweet pic and one fine dude. Thanks for everything you do, Doctor of Love.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Fantastic post for a great guy. I have not met you John but appreciate this site and band! Thanks! That is a sweet shirt you've got there!

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

I've got nothing but love for John. Thanks for all you do and for putting up with all of us.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Yeah, what he said. Thank you for running such an awesome band forum. You are appreciated!

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Lots of love and respect for the good doctor. Thanks friend!
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Flea

Post by Flea »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I had meant to post this yesterday but was dealing with the Athens crud and didn't have a ton of cogent thoughts. Fortunately I was reminded again this morning by a FB post. I encourage you all to thank and congratulate John on all he does for this community all year long, and most especially at Homecoming. This is the guy that arranged the tee-shirts and buttons, organizes the fundraiser, arranges for the live stream and produces the DVD on his own. That's just for starters. He helps people find tickets, answers to their questions and gets everyone involved in the activities every single year. This stuff does not get done by itself folks. Outside of Homecoming he runs this board, deals with problems as they arise and does some terrific taping and video recording throughout the year. If you check out the jonicont YouTube channel you'll find a ton of high quality video clips that would be the envy of just about every band's fanbase. Nobody pays John for his efforts, he just does what he does out of love for the band and genuine desire to make the fan experience good for all y'all. The next time you see him at a show please let him know how much joy you get from his hard work but until then let's just make sure that he knows how much everyone appreciates him. Well done John, another great year in the books.
And he's very clean. Thanks, John.
Now it's dark.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

peace, brother.

sincere thanks. love this place.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

peace, bruddah.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Thanks, Jonicont! I'm sure running this forum requires many behind the scenes hours! I had the opportunity to meet Tequila Cowboy at a show this Fall and hope to meet you too one day!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Thank you, John. I have much gratitude and appreciation for this place.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Thanks John for all the stuff you do. As well as all the stuff TC said above John has often dealt with my dumb arse questions with grace and good humour, which is definitely beyond the call of duty. Looking forward to the next time we get to meet up.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

drjayhow

Post by drjayhow »

thanks John!! great to finally meet ya

drjay

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Hat's off to the man! Thanks as always brother.....I bumped into John at a DBT show back in 2006 at Webster Hall in NYc and we've been buds ever since. Sorry I missed you on Friday evening, but I'm sure to rock with ya at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in a few weeks...
Thanks again for all that you do for us the DBT community and family!