Todo Santos Music Festival

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Todo Santos Music Festival

Post by chuckrh »

Interesting article on the festival on Rolling Stone site. Looks like this would be a very cool festival to attend & unlike most of the festival/money grabs that are the all the rage now. I want to hear this new DBT song "What It Means" they are talking about. Sounds like an instant classic in the description!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20160129

brett27295

Re: Todo Santos Music Festival

Post by brett27295 »

chuckrh wrote:Interesting article on the festival on Rolling Stone site. Looks like this would be a very cool festival to attend & unlike most of the festival/money grabs that are the all the rage now. I want to hear this new DBT song "What It Means" they are talking about. Sounds like an instant classic in the description!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20160129
They played What It Means at a few shows in 2015. Here's an example from Archive.org

Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

For videos from this year's fest (as well as previous years), I suggest checking out the eckythump74 and kiwichrisha channels on YouTube, the latter of which is run by Chris Hartstonge of The R.E.M. Timeline (which can be found both on FB and on the web). Due to iffy wifi on location in Todos Santos, it usually takes Chris a week or two after the festival to upload video. Still, that's no guarantee that "What It Means" will surface if the band doesn't want it out there in video form due to it being on the next DBT's record.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Here's What It Means from the Todo Santos Music Festival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN5Ps2Jj_ao
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

thanks to all!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

chuckrh wrote:I want to hear this new DBT song "What It Means" they are talking about. Sounds like an instant classic in the description!
I think it's safe to say that it'll be the most divisive song in the DBT catalog. Shit, it raised a stink when just the lyrics were posted online.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Smitty wrote:
chuckrh wrote:I want to hear this new DBT song "What It Means" they are talking about. Sounds like an instant classic in the description!
I think it's safe to say that it'll be the most divisive song in the DBT catalog. Shit, it raised a stink when just the lyrics were posted online.
Yeah I can see that. I'll just say that it's not my favorite but it ain't like I'll boo and heckle when it's played either. :D Patterson has a right to say what he thinks whether I think he's hitting the middle of the dart board or not. I would love to make it to this festival if they do it again next year and it's been years since the idea of a music festival seemed appealing to me at all. Even floated the idea to my wife yesterday. It's a possibility.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.