Patterson's Best of 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TW_2.0

Patterson's Best of 2015

Post by TW_2.0 »

I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

woollyB

Re: Patterson's Best of 2015

Post by woollyB »

I've been listening to some great stuff from this list, including several artists who are new to me. Craig Finn, Hardy, Donnie Fritts, Kneiser, Mamie Davis are welcome additions to my rotation. The one I don't get is Beach House ... Patterson and the rest of the world are hearing something I'm not. I also don't like Kendrick Lamar as much as the rest of the world.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

Yea talking and not playing an instrument must be really hard... :lol:

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

dbtfan4life wrote:Yea talking and not playing an instrument must be really hard... :lol:
I'm not a fan of rap but I've never had a problem recognizing the fact that there is indeed a great deal of talent and skill involved. Your constant belittling of it isn't doing you any favors. Not that we all have to like the same things, mind you but your inability to acknowledge that it does require talent comes across as childish and naive.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I usually try to lend an open ear to some of Patterson's year end lists. I had heard a bunch of the music he recommended but not all.
Off to listen to
Courtney Barnett - sometimes i sit and think and sometimes i just sit
Beach House - Depression Cherry
Donnie Fritts - Oh My Goodness
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
dbtfan4life wrote:Yea talking and not playing an instrument must be really hard... :lol:
I'm not a fan of rap but I've never had a problem recognizing the fact that there is indeed a great deal of talent and skill involved. Your constant belittling of it isn't doing you any favors. Not that we all have to like the same things, mind you but your inability to acknowledge that it does require talent comes across as childish and naive.

A few posters here don't have any credibility to begin with, Kudz.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Will

Post by Will »

Can we hear you do it, then?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Maybe you should stick with the "DBT Fuck Yeah!" posts
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Bollocks

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

dbtfan4life wrote:sorry im not an over the hill loser who pretends to like everything just to try and hold on desperately to the in crowd
Yes, that is exactly what we are all doing here, on a messageboard dedicated to a band whose members are in their late forties and early fifties playing what is perhaps the least fashionable music on Earth in 2016. We're a trendy bunch, only pretending to like this newfangled rap stuff so that "the kids" don't think we're unhip and out of touch. You busted us, dude.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

sorry I probably offended someone. oh no!!! :shock:

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

dbtfan4life wrote:sorry I probably offended someone. oh no!!! :shock:
I'm not offended, I just think you're stupid. I think you think you're being 'edgy,' but you really just sound like a clown. You sound like a clown who failed grammar at clown school.

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

but isis broke up in 2010

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Mr. Life needs some time off. See ya next week
Always go to the show

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

jimmyjack wrote:
dbtfan4life wrote:sorry I probably offended someone. oh no!!! :shock:
I'm not offended, I just think you're stupid. I think you think you're being 'edgy,' but you really just sound like a clown. You sound like a clown who failed grammar at clown school.
I like this post.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

dbtfan4life got put on hiatus for this exchange?
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

walthers

Post by walthers »

I think that there were a few questionable remarks that have since been removed that earned the break.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

walthers wrote:I think that there were a few questionable remarks that have since been removed that earned the break.
Thanks. None of my business I guess but it just seemed by the thread that he pissed off a fellow poster.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

jimmyjack wrote:
dbtfan4life wrote:sorry im not an over the hill loser who pretends to like everything just to try and hold on desperately to the in crowd
Yes, that is exactly what we are all doing here, on a messageboard dedicated to a band whose members are in their late forties and early fifties playing what is perhaps the least fashionable music on Earth in 2016. We're a trendy bunch, only pretending to like this newfangled rap stuff so that "the kids" don't think we're unhip and out of touch. You busted us, dude.
I know 2016 is just getting started but I'm going to have to nominate JimmyJack's post for post of the year.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Liked the Wilco record. I like Courtney Barrett - Pedestrian At Best best off her record. The Beach House didn't do it for me. And after one listen I like some of the stuff off Donnie Fritts' record. I definitely need to spend some more time with it. I believe Isbell plays slide on one of the cuts.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Rocky wrote:Liked the Wilco record. I like Courtney Barrett - Pedestrian At Best best off her record. The Beach House didn't do it for me. And after one listen I like some of the stuff off Donnie Fritts' record. I definitely need to spend some more time with it. I believe Isbell plays slide on one of the cuts.
I really love the Donnie Fritts record. We spent some time talking to him about it in the fall and he was very excited and humble at the same time. Lurleen had met him before but I had not. Really good guy.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

walthers

Post by walthers »

Rocky wrote:Liked the Wilco record. I like Courtney Barrett - Pedestrian At Best best off her record. The Beach House didn't do it for me. And after one listen I like some of the stuff off Donnie Fritts' record. I definitely need to spend some more time with it. I believe Isbell plays slide on one of the cuts.
+1 for the Wilco and Courtney Barrett records. I continue to hear people mention Beach House, I am going to have to find some time to look into it.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I really love the Donnie Fritts record. We spent some time talking to him about it in the fall and he was very excited and humble at the same time. Lurleen had met him before but I had not. Really good guy.
Just heard this one. Nice track.