Birmingham - Lyric Theatre - April 7-8-9, 2016

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Re: Birmingham - Lyric Theatre - April 7-8-9, 2016

Post by Smitty »

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Well shit, if anyone else wants to post the second picture re-sized be my guest. If you want to see the entire pic, right click and choose "open image in new tab" or whatever.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Thanks for the pics, Smitty, and it was so good to finally meet you!

This morning I went to a "Doughnuts for Dad's" program at my son's school. I wasn't sure work commitments would allow me to go at first, then I heard "cats in the cradle and silver spoon," in my head, then I heard "he's driving through his own headlights and gathering speed," and I knew I best figure out a way to go have doughnuts with my son.

I remember Primer Coat being especially good at the Birmingham shows and that song really resonates with me as a Dad!

I went to doughnuts had a great time.

Also my son, Murphy, is the proud receipient of a DBT hat from the Birmingham shows.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

I've been meaning to write on here for a while, but work keeps getting in the way.
What a fantastic weekend! We packed so much into a short period of time, it was tremendous. The shows were great. A huge thank you to Patterson for the love and shout out for UR & I's wedding anniversary, which was 4/10. We had to laugh that the song was Plastic Flowers, and PH even said he didn't mean us to be thinking about what happens in that song. It was very sweet. We had only heard that song 4 times before that night, it was a nice rarity. Speaking of rarity, it was nice to hear Road Cases. It was especially fun watching Schlanky when they were played as he had just told me he really wanted to hear those 2 songs in particular. Great night!

It was so much fun being in one place for 3 nights. The whole vibe was much more relaxed, not having to worry about packing up and driving each day. It enabled us to have some genuine quality time with our 3DD family. We even pulled off a family lunch at Jim & Nick's! They gave us our own little room, I guess they could tell we're a bunch of HeAthens.

Let me try and put some names with the faces:

Starting on the left side, front to back, we have Craig (unofficially Mr. PA Heathen), Luke (Uncle Rickey), Myself, Sarah (CooleyGirl), Britt, (Schlanky), Paige (LitDimly), Karen (PA Heathen), now on the right side, back to front, we have Dean (Tequila Cowboy), Beth (Lurleen McQueen), Michael (Beaverdam), Bryan (Beaverdam's father-in-law), Bill (Worldwide Bill, aka Bill in CT), LaDonna (Smitty's wife), and Smitty.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Lit Dimly, CooleyGirl, PA Heathen, Lurleen McQueen

and in real life, Paige, Sarah, Karen and Beth

Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

CooleyGirl wrote:A huge thank you to Patterson for the love and shout out for UR & I's wedding anniversary, which was 4/10.
Oh, I hate to hear this! Any anniversary that doesn't score at least 7/10 is a sign of a marriage in trouble.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Just noticed that Dennis Tyler loaded the Friday show on the archive:

Hopefully we'll get a recording of the Saturday show too.
Let the outside air in