Homecoming 2016 40 Watt Club Athens, GA 2/11,12 & 13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Erdlivz

Re: Homecoming 2016 40 Watt Club Athens, GA 2/11,12 & 13

Post by Erdlivz »

I have 2 tickets for Saturday. Face + fees. Will call. Not on the board much so email me at golferdmann@gmail.com. I won't check PMs or replies on here.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

sactochris wrote:
Markalanbishop wrote: I ordered a box of cigars today so whoever is so inclined I'll be glad to provide and we can sit out by the pool and drink, smoke, and shoot the shit.
I have to ask. What cigars did you order?

I generally like a mild cigar for my everyday smoke, but always have a few full bodied sticks for after dinner and such.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Erdlivz wrote:I have 2 tickets for Saturday. Face + fees. Will call. Not on the board much so email me at golferdmann@gmail.com. I won't check PMs or replies on here.

Email sent, fingers crossed

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Question: now that I'm back up and running with vinyl, do they generally have the complete catalogue available at the merch table or should I start ordering from the website/Amazon/local record store?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Markalanbishop wrote:Question: now that I'm back up and running with vinyl, do they generally have the complete catalogue available at the merch table or should I start ordering from the website/Amazon/local record store?
They usually have everything, especially at Homecoming. I'd start there as they might make a little more there than through retail outlets. Paul will get you squared away.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

We all need to make sure that litdimly, aka Paige, is fully hydrated this year so she doesn't get a close up view of the 40 Watt floor again. I'll bring the coconut water!

litdimly

Post by litdimly »

Indeed! I don't want to be a night one casualty again. I've been training (standing more than sitting) and have put on a few pounds for the occasion. I had hoped to take off work this year but will have to go to ATL for some meetings on Thursday then a few meetings in Athens on Friday. I'll look into mixers for coconut water!

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

litdimly wrote:Indeed! I don't want to be a night one casualty again. I've been training (standing more than sitting) and have put on a few pounds for the occasion. I had hoped to take off work this year but will have to go to ATL for some meetings on Thursday then a few meetings in Athens on Friday. I'll look into mixers for coconut water!
Hey! I was thinking a while ago that you hadn't chimed in and wondered if you were going to be there.

So who in this crowd is already in Athens? I bet somebody is.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

drjayhow wrote:
Markalanbishop wrote:I've been remiss in posting for a while because I've been getting my new solo practice up and running. Lots of BS to deal with, lots of distractions. Today I realized I hadn't booked a room! Fortunately the Courtyard was still available so that was a relief. Missed the DBT rate but that's on me. Anyway, I'm extremely pumped for next week. Now that this lineup has another year of hard touring under its belt I'm expecting some musical fireworks, especially in light of how stunning IGTBA sounds. I ordered a box of cigars today so whoever is so inclined I'll be glad to provide and we can sit out by the pool and drink, smoke, and shoot the shit. Also bringing some nice single malt scotch and some Patron. Gonna be a party!!! Only bad news (for me) is that none of my daughters can make it this year because they're all working, but they said to tell everyone hello. See you Heathens soon.
Uncle Keith and I big scotch fans. Also staying at Courtyard. This could be promising. I gottta hit up a liquor store when I arrive, hopefully find good bottle (Islay for me!!). I dont travel with scotch anymore since airline smashed an 18 year old Macallon on my undies a few years ago........................
drjay
Do they have BevMo's in Athens? I (also an Islay fan) have recently become enamoured of Bunnahabhain, and hope that it is locally available.
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

^^^ Wait. Where did this come from? Why do I not know about this?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

drommel56 wrote:
drjayhow wrote:
Markalanbishop wrote:I've been remiss in posting for a while because I've been getting my new solo practice up and running. Lots of BS to deal with, lots of distractions. Today I realized I hadn't booked a room! Fortunately the Courtyard was still available so that was a relief. Missed the DBT rate but that's on me. Anyway, I'm extremely pumped for next week. Now that this lineup has another year of hard touring under its belt I'm expecting some musical fireworks, especially in light of how stunning IGTBA sounds. I ordered a box of cigars today so whoever is so inclined I'll be glad to provide and we can sit out by the pool and drink, smoke, and shoot the shit. Also bringing some nice single malt scotch and some Patron. Gonna be a party!!! Only bad news (for me) is that none of my daughters can make it this year because they're all working, but they said to tell everyone hello. See you Heathens soon.
Uncle Keith and I big scotch fans. Also staying at Courtyard. This could be promising. I gottta hit up a liquor store when I arrive, hopefully find good bottle (Islay for me!!). I dont travel with scotch anymore since airline smashed an 18 year old Macallon on my undies a few years ago........................
drjay
Do they have BevMo's in Athens? I (also an Islay fan) have recently become enamoured of Bunnahabhain, and hope that it is locally available.
We don't have BevMo on the East Coast. Try Five Points Bottle Shop while in Athens.

http://www.fivepointsbottleshop.com
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Cole Younger wrote:
litdimly wrote:Indeed! I don't want to be a night one casualty again. I've been training (standing more than sitting) and have put on a few pounds for the occasion. I had hoped to take off work this year but will have to go to ATL for some meetings on Thursday then a few meetings in Athens on Friday. I'll look into mixers for coconut water!
Hey! I was thinking a while ago that you hadn't chimed in and wondered if you were going to be there.

So who in this crowd is already in Athens? I bet somebody is.
litdimly, perhaps Malibu coconut rum as a mixer? And don't forget to hydrate with water all day. ;)

We're not in Athens yet, but we will be there on Sat, 2/6, can't wait!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

CooleyGirl wrote: litdimly, perhaps Malibu coconut rum as a mixer? And don't forget to hydrate with water all day. ;)
A coconut mojito sounds pretty damn good to me!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food ... ecipe.html

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

drommel56 wrote:
Bunnahabhain! I want to hang with Dan
Always go to the show

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:^^^ Wait. Where did this come from? Why do I not know about this?
Bring your money for the auction, Bubba.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Markalanbishop wrote:Image
Getting lucky at the motel 6. Doesn't get any better than that.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Well, started the vaca week a day early, unexpectedly. Woke up to a snow storm that didn't quit until 1:30 pm. We even had a kid go by on an ATV on the road in front of our house! It was crazy! I'm cautiously optimistic for our 6 AM flight for tomorrow. The sun is shining & the neighborhood kids shoveled our driveway. See everyone soon, & safe travels!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

CooleyGirl wrote:Well, started the vaca week a day early, unexpectedly. Woke up to a snow storm that didn't quit until 1:30 pm. We even had a kid go by on an ATV on the road in front of our house! It was crazy! I'm cautiously optimistic for our 6 AM flight for tomorrow. The sun is shining & the neighborhood kids shoveled our driveway. See everyone soon, & safe travels!
Looking forward to it. Y'all be careful.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Jonicont wrote:
drommel56 wrote:
Bunnahabhain! I want to hang with Dan
We need to have a sotch party at some point... Islay fan too...haven't had any Bunnahabhain yet (Can't get it in NC), but Lagavulin, Ardbeg, and Laphroig are regular drinkers for me. Five Points whiskey selection is wide and on point.

http://www.fivepointsbottleshop.com/fiv ... mit=Search+

While we're on the subject...

Blue Sky Bar is by far the best bar for scotch in Athens, over 50 single malts...

https://locu.com/places/blue-sky-bar-athens-us/#menu

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Loved meeting so many of you last year. Can't make it this year, but will be following along (best as possible) through live streams and message board banter.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

So it looks like those of us in the northeast (other than the ones who are already in athens :shock: 8-) ) wil be sweating out weather related travel issues once again. Can we now say definitively that February is a bad time for travel and maybe it's time to move homecoming into march?

Blammo

Post by Blammo »

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say a few words about Homecoming. It was a year ago that we started making the trek to Athens to open for the boys at the 40 Watt. As openers it can sometimes be a little awkward being on someone else's gig, but the whole DBT community really made us feel welcome & it was one of our favorite shows of 2015. I wish we could be there this year but it's not in the cards. Nevertheless, Lydia & the whole gang here from Lydia Loveless say hi & thanks again for the hospitality.

Even though we can't be there personally, I am stoked to have the opportunity to donate 2 pieces to the Nuci's Space auction that I created exclusively for this event.
Presented for your consideration are: "Daddy's Cup" and "Steve McQueen". Both are ink on cut wooden panels.

Normal people are baffled as to why there is a grown man in a gokart or why would someone would race a Mustang II, but dare I say, this is the correct audience for my art, haha. I hope these things find a good home and raise some money for a great cause.

Have a blast, stay safe, and we'll see you on the road this year.

Ben Lamb
have a good time all the time

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

Bad Ass!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Awesome Ben! Thank you.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »