Madison, WI, 11/15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

Re: Madison, WI, 11/15

Post by Iowan »

Cubfan06 wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Bill in CT wrote:It's only 5 days until this show!

The show is on a football Sunday. Anyone have input on sports bar possibilities for pre gaming before the show? Yelp's list of the top 10 sports bars in Madison is linked below.

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=sportsb ... ison%2C+WI
Great Dane Brewery is around the corner and has a sports bar vibe. Many of the usual suspects know the place well. Plenty of TV's and great beer. Otherwise you might want to walk down State Street which is a short walk from the venue.
The Wisconsin Style Buffalo Mac and Cheese. That is all.
Brat burger with a pretzel bun, FTW.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

For good sports bars, check out AJ Bombers. It's a bit of a walk down a State Street at worst, or a cheap uber.

roryg

Post by roryg »

The Tipsy Cow is another option up the block from The Majestic - a few screens and a good selection of barley pop with pub grub. A bit of a weird vibe but, like I said, good beer. There is also a good sushi place on King Street called Muramoto - bit pricey but very good. If you want a Guinness, an Irish-themed joint on the Capitol Square called Brocach will give you a good pour. There is also the Essen Haus/Come Back Inn/Northwoods beer trio two blocks East - skip the food but a nice selection of beer and Come Back has plenty of screens for your viewing pleasure. You can also stroll over to the convention center and work your way to the upper deck to check out the Otis Redding Memorial (not much, a bench with a view of the lake where he met his end).

beergut

Post by beergut »

Anyone need a ticket for tonight?

Not gonna make it and could email it.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Made Up English Oceans
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Gravity's Gone
Dead Drunk and Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
(Something's Got to) Give Pretty Soon
Women Without Whiskey
Pauline Hawkins
Sounds Better in the Song
Heathens
Marry Me
Sinkhole
A Ghost to Most
18 Wheels of Love
First Air of Autumn
What It Means
Love Like This
A World of Hurt
Shit Shots Count
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Birthday Boy
The Righteous Path
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Grand Canyon

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Looks like some new material getting worked in.

sjsteuck

Post by sjsteuck »

Epic show. 18 Wheels of Love is all that needs to be said. Patterson mentioned his mom has a fiancé he she met through Match.com. What happened to Chester?

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

sjsteuck wrote:Epic show. 18 Wheels of Love is all that needs to be said. Patterson mentioned his mom has a fiancé he she met through Match.com. What happened to Chester?
He passed
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

roryg

Post by roryg »

Awesome show - it was nice to meet a number of Dimers as well. Safe travels my friends.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

What a freaking weekend! From the time this show was announced I knew I needed to be there. It wasn't going to be easy convincing the misses though.
While making my plans I found flying into Chicago would be easier so I added the Sat night show to my plans. I was still a long way from convincing Marina
to go. Then Lorna contacted Marina saying her and John were going to those shows and wanted us to go. On several more occasions she asked us to go. Aimee
from Iowa also asked Marina several times to come up. So I'd like to thank both of yall from unknowingly helping me out. And as long as I'm thanking people,
a great big thanks goes out to the Wiscy Boyz who took us in and took care of us even though they had no clue we were coming up. Thanks again to Tony
and LB Rod who showed me around town Sunday night ;) so I was able to get outta town Monday morning in 15 minutes without maps or anything. It was
also great seeing all our 3dd friends in Chicago. Both bands kicked ass both nights. The queens of Coolyville all got a hit off Patterson's bottle Sunday night.
DBT, the Dexateens and the Wiscy Boyz, damn I am beat.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

The Swamps and I saw lots of town, not all of it on purpose, but all of it fun. ;) ;)
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

LBRod wrote:The Swamps and I saw lots of town, not all of it on purpose, but all of it fun. ;) ;)
It really did make our exit Monday morning a lot easier. I trust you got to your plane on time.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

The Beacon

Post by The Beacon »

The Queens Of Cooleyville, that has a certain ring to it :lol: :lol: