3DD Donation in Memory of Beantownbubba's son

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

allisonsdc
Site Admin

3DD Donation in Memory of Beantownbubba's son

Post by allisonsdc »

Several board members have expressed interest in organizing a 3DD Donation in honor of Beantownbubba's son, Bryan, who passed away yesterday. I have volunteered to aggregate individual contributions and send the 3DD Donation to the charity of Beantownbubba's choice on Tuesday, September 1. Once I know the name of the charity, I'll post it in this thread.

The deadline for donations is August 31. If you are interested in donating, please send me a PM and let me know how you'd like to contribute (check or PayPal). I'll reply with instructions on where to send your contribution.

Thanks.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Re: 3DD Donation in Memory of Beantownbubba's son

Post by allisonsdc »

In keeping with Bubba's wishes, the 3DD Donation in Memory of Bryan Bernfeld will benefit two charities:

Two-thirds of the 3DD Donation will go to the Bryan's Bikers team of the Pan Mass Challenge, which benefits the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

The remaining third of the 3DD Donation will go to The Bryan Bernfeld Theatre Ink Scholarship Fund at Newton North High School, a new scholarship created in Bryan’s name, which will be awarded annually to a senior who embraces life both on and off stage. Theatre Ink's 2015-16 season will be dedicated to Bryan.

Many thanks to those who have already contributed. For those of you who plan to contribute, a reminder that the deadline for contributions toward the 3DD Donation in Memory of Bryan is Monday, August 31.

Please note that in order to receive a tax deduction for your donation, you must donate independently of the 3DD Donation. To donate to Bryan's Bikers independently:
I was in touch with Bubba this morning, and he expressed his gratitude for your messages and contributions in Bryan's memory. He greatly appreciates all of the love and support he has received from the 3DD community.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Re: 3DD Donation in Memory of Beantownbubba's son

Post by allisonsdc »

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed toward the 3DD Donation in memory of Beantownbubba's son, Bryan. Some people have indicated that they plan to contribute this week, so I will be accepting contributions via PayPal through this Thursday, 9/3. If you would like to contribute, please PM me for PayPal instructions.