Richmond VA Oct 29-30

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: Richmond VA Oct 29-30

Post by Clams »

RevMatt wrote:I got called into my son's school today. He got in a fight. On the way to the car he asked if he was in trouble. I said "No" because 1)the other kid started it and 2) we're going to see Drive by Truckers tomorrow. He's stoked. His first rawk show!

More importantly, did he kick the other kid's ass?
If you don't run you rust

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Clams wrote:
RevMatt wrote:I got called into my son's school today. He got in a fight. On the way to the car he asked if he was in trouble. I said "No" because 1)the other kid started it and 2) we're going to see Drive by Truckers tomorrow. He's stoked. His first rawk show!

More importantly, did he kick the other kid's ass?

Last time he kicked someone's ass he got suspended. This time he took a dive and went to the nurse's office claiming he had a concussion. The other kid got suspended. These days they suspend you for fighting. So he just did the rope a dope and cried bloody murder.

I think it was better when we were kids. We'd just take it outside and whoever drew blood first was the winner. Most of us stopped fighting by the time were old enough to hurt someone.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

ElGordo

Post by ElGordo »

Thanks for the tips! Drinking a beer at Capital Ale House right now before we head over to the show. Looking forward to a great time tonight!

pbr man

Post by pbr man »

Set List

Bulldozers and Dirt
Ghost to Most
Goodes' Field Road
Women Without Whiskey
Fourth Night of My Drinking
Birthday Boy
Girls Who Smoke
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Play It All Night Long
Get Downtown
Its Gonna Be I Told You So
Road Cases with the story
Zip City
Mercy Buckets
Marry Me
Ronnie and Neil

Encore

Where the Devil Dont Stay
The Man I Shot
The Living Bubba
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Angels and Fuselage

DeadDrunk&Naked

Post by DeadDrunk&Naked »

I just blacked both of my eyes for not making the 10 hour trip to richmond. I'm ashamed.
my shits fucked up

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Wow, I was front & Cooleyside (and right behind CooleyGirl & April Twister as it turned out). I got to hear Angels & Fuselage for the 1st time & that was special. I also got to hear Play It All Night Long, which Warren Zevon must've written for DBT (so finely do they cover it). I met a couple of guys pre-show. They weren't 3DDers. Hap & Tim from No.Va. So Hap tells me that he really wants to hear Bulldozers & Dirt. I couldn't've agreed more. I lost track of those 2 (till after the show). Sure enough 1st shot outta the gate they oblige. It's like the walls had ears (and mine are ringing still).
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

DeadDrunk&Naked

Post by DeadDrunk&Naked »

Goods field, road cases, that man I shot...there is a lord..DBT
my shits fucked up

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Look at that setlist!

Highlights for me were a set closing Ronnie and Neil, a nearly definitive Women Without Whiskey, 72, Living Bubba (many excellent versions of this song but Patterson was clearly into it), crowd pleaser Zip City and Goode's Field Road with Cooley laying down a mean fuzz guitar.

There was only 1 song I didn't recognize and it was Mercy Buckets which will be on Go Go Boots and has only been played a handful of times to date. Can't wait for tonight.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Hmmmmm...I wonder if the 10th anniversary of SRO is approaching.

Fuck, I hate all of youze. I don't know which is worse, that only a couple of u managed to check in last nite (and thanx for that) or that when u manage to wake up this afternoon you'll have another show to look forward to.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

danger8504

Post by danger8504 »

Wow. Happy for the ppl who are there for the weekend, but honestly depressed i am not there. Especially after seeing this set list.
\m/

farmerbill

Post by farmerbill »

Beyond the normal and expected hyperbole and reports there was a little something extra in the air last night........
extended stories on goode fields and road cases, patterson (insert your own adverb)ing his guitar at the end of angels and fuselage and the slow retreat from the stage to end the night........
were some of the this is not your "average" DBT show highlights...........

I have to continue to rave about the evolution of the sound.....I am an old guy who likes to shake my boots a little at a show and the addition of Jay to the lineup has really added a new dimension to the sound for me. I know if you are just standing aroung you might not notice it so much but get out there and shake you ass a little bit and you can not help but notice. Early in the year it seemed like everybody was still feeling each other out in regards to Jay in the mix. Sometimes you almost forgot Jay was back there----not no more............ I think it was goode fields also where the interplay between the keyboard/guitars was just stellar.....check out the tapes if they exist i know something special happened last night..............it might just be a few days until I can recreate the particulars in print.........................

The national is a fun place and the vibe is way more .........????????????????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than other places!

Flea

Post by Flea »

I was front row for Springsteen at one of the Magic shows, and it was amazing. Last night was better than that.These guys are at the top of their game and enjoying themselves immensely. The bar has been set very very high for tonight...
Now it's dark.

farmerbill

Post by farmerbill »

Fighting in School???????????????sounds like you have you hands full Reverend!! I guess it would not be appropriate to buy him a DBT shirt to remember the occaision. Yea, I gave out my last bloody nose at 13 when I noticed the guy was crying?? kinda sucked? that empathy thing and all. Now the shooting people thing in the army was different right, that was socially acceptable ass kicking--crazy ass world we live in these days?? Fortunately for me we was shooting communists!! ain't gotta have any empathy for communists now do you? or rebels,muslims,mexicans or whatever the enemy du jour is at the time. I still ain't quite got it all figured out yet? My advice "don't let the boys in"(stolen)----------just kidding...my advice........Fighting Sucks but not nearly as bad as getting your ass kicked..I think I could write a sermon around that theme! See you'all at the record store.

tmfraley2

Post by tmfraley2 »

Great show last night, really enjoyed the mix of old and new and the A&F to end it all was perfect, always love Richmond shows, too bad we cant make tonight, great seeing Lynnzz as always

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Epic instore

Too Much Sex, Too Little Jesus
Nine Bullets
Uncle Disney
Sinkhole (Ded. to Lisa Blount)
Heathens
Everybody Needs Love
Murdering Oscar
Pollyanna

farmerbill

Post by farmerbill »

IN STORE??? was that fun or what??

I rather be in some dark alley
where the sun don't ever shine
hanging out with a bunch of Heathens
with red brick and vinyl on my mind

see you at the show tonight!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Nice little mini concert there! Folks watching/listening don't seem too happy, tho.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Best Show Ever...

Encore alone was...

Zip City
Tornadoes
Eyes Like Glue
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Buttholeville > Trooper
People Who Died

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tyler wrote:Best Show Ever...

Encore alone was...

Zip City
Tornadoes
Eyes Like Glue
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Buttholeville > Trooper
People Who Died

Ha! Like we're gonna be impressed by a mere 7 song encore.

Wow, sounds unbelievable. Glad the shows seem to have lived up to the pretty impossible expectations we set for this remarkable band. But i still hate all of ya. ;) :lol: I. NEED. A. ROCKSHOW. BAD.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Can't sleep so I'll type somemore...

VERY VERY approximate setlist, mostly not in order and I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff

Used to be a Cop (Whole band were dressed as cops...the hats, glasses, handcuffs, full 9 yards)
Three Dimes Down
One Of These Days
Lookout Mountain
Ray's Automatic Weapon
Ghost to Most
The Deeper In
Bulldozers and Dirt
Birthday Boy
Hell No I Ain't Happy
Drag the Lake Charlie
Life In The Factory
Get Downtown
It's Gonna Be I Told You So
Panties in Your Purse
Sands of Iwo Jima
Gravity's Gone
Pin Hits The Shell
The Righteous Path
Shup To and Get On The Plane
This Fucking Job
Putting People On The Moon

Zip City
Tornadoes
Eyes Like Glue (Cooley: Sorry, I can't fucking play this, Song finished, but Cooley didn't play much guitar)
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Buttholeille > State Trooper
People Who Dies (Damon on Guitar)

Order of the main set is very...iffy. Think I got all the songs now though. The entire band was really on fire, especially Cooley. Even Neff was getting into it.
Last edited by Tyler on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clams

Post by Clams »

There are rock shows, and there are ROCK SHOWS.
If you don't run you rust

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Tyler wrote:Can't sleep so I'll type somemore...

VERY VERY approximate setlist, mostly not in order and I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff

Used to be a Cop (Whole band were dressed as cops...the hats, glasses, handcuffs, full 9 yards)
Three Dimes Down
One Of These Days
Ray's Automatic Weapon
Ghost to Most
The Deeper In
Bulldozers and Dirt
Birthday Boy
Hell No I Ain't Happy
Drag the Lake Charlie
Life In The Factory
Get Downtown
It's Gonna Be I Told You So
Panties in Your Purse
Sands of Iwo Jima
Gravity's Gone
Pin Hits The Shell
The Righteous Path
Shup To and Get On The Plane
This Fucking Job
Putting People On The Moon

Zip City
Tornadoes
Eyes Like Glue (Cooley: Sorry, I can't fucking play this, Song finished, but Cooley didn't play much guitar)
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock
Buttholeille > State Trooper
People Who Dies (Damon on Guitar)

Order of the main set is very...iffy. Think I got all the songs now though. The entire band was really on fire, especially Cooley. Even Neff was getting into it.

Holy shit what a show. Add Lookout Mountain to the setlist as well and I think its complete. I think. As Little Mama would say -- Holy Fuckballs

More thoughts to come later but I gotta drag myself to the airport.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

Wow.

More later.
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

farmerbill

Post by farmerbill »

Thank you Richmond!
Thank you National!
Thank You Deep Groove!
Thank You Wes!
Thank You Heathens and Saints!

It was and shall always be

Thank you for the rock show!!!!Thank You DBT's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thank god officer Cooley was not armed last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell he might have shot himself????but his aim was deadly with that six string he was holding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

[quote="Tyler"]Epic instore

Too Much Sex, Too Little Jesus
Nine Bullets
Uncle Disney
Sinkhole (Ded. to Lisa Blount)
Heathens
Everybody Needs Love
Murdering Oscar
Pollyanna

Hood did Heathens which has a very special place in my heart and just left me all warm and fuzzy in a very good way!!!!

We left the in-store feeling as though I was high as a kite, just a wonderful mellow feeling in that alley !!!! Then we get back to the hotel and bam!!! Shonna and Neff coming off the elevator!!!!

and it being Halloween, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Little Red Riding Hood!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Just got home.

Amazing show last night. Three hours.

We got caught in traffic on the way down from Jersey and missed the in-store. I was so tired of driving that I decided to spring for the Marriot instead of some motel hell on 1-95. Met a bunch of new people as well as some old friends which is the best part about going to a DBT show. My son attended his first rock show. Before the show my son and I made a bet on what the first song was going to be. He said "Uncle Frank." I had a hunch that they would open with "Used to be a Cop". My son said they'd never open with a brand new song. The band came onstage dressed as cops and started tossing doughnuts into the crowd. I turned to my son and said, "I think I am going to win that bet." Sure enough, they started in with that creepy bass line and freaky deaky guitar.

Great to meet Ramonz, Slipkid, Bob and a few others for the first time. Also, my son and I were searching for a place to eat and saw Brad outside The National. Shook hands and said hello.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

meanjoegreen

Post by meanjoegreen »

Still trying to find my face from the two night stand......best shows I've seen period.
Still hurting from night 2 hotel ,1/2 gallon jack, 3DD post show gathering. I love all of you. I'll post pics later......awesome fucking trip!

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

meanjoegreen wrote:Still trying to find my face from the two night stand......best shows I've seen period.
Still hurting from night 2 hotel ,1/2 gallon jack, 3DD post show gathering. I love all of you. I'll post pics later......awesome fucking trip!

My whole body hurts. I never though I would say this, but I think Bill might be Satan. ;)
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Good thing I fell asleep as soon as I hit my room.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

I am still wired from this weekend. Don't need sleep I am bouncing off this weekend, the music, the people, I am a very happy camper!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH