Richmond VA Oct 29-30

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

The Black Canary

Richmond VA Oct 29-30

Post by The Black Canary »

Ok people who's in??? I got my tix for Saturday!!!! Already excited and then NYE in NYC!!!!

09Gamecock

Re: Richmond VA Oct 29-30

Post by 09Gamecock »

In for both nights!

Flea

Post by Flea »

A'right, not a big poster, but I'll be there both nights representing the VA peninsula. Long time fan, second & third shows.
Now it's dark.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Hometown shows... that I won't be able to make. :( I'll even be home for my sister's wedding two weeks prior. Bummer.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

The Black Canary

I did some finagling of the bagel and I am so going to be doing both nights!!!!!

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Uncle Rickey and I are in for both nights, it will be our first Richmond shows, can't wait!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

How difficult (or easy) would it be to stay in DC fri & sat nites for these Richmond shows?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

Canada representing.
x2
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

The Black Canary

AprilTwister wrote:Canada representing.
x2

yea!!!!

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

The Black Canary wrote:
x2

yea!!!!

I'm coming to help you with your aim girl! :lol:

The Black Canary

AprilTwister wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:
x2

yea!!!!

I'm coming to help you with your aim girl! :lol:

hey cookies have quite the effect on me!!!

The Black Canary

If anyone is looking to share a room in Richmond for the weekend, please PM me.

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

beantownbubba wrote:How difficult (or easy) would it be to stay in DC fri & sat nites for these Richmond shows?

There are hotels a block or so away from the venue. Unless you have compelling reasons for the four hour (roundtrip) drive like Mama guilting you into a visit, I wouldn't subject myself to that. Then again, I do love my disco nap before the show...
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

never going back wrote:Hometown shows... that I won't be able to make. :( I'll even be home for my sister's wedding two weeks prior. Bummer.

oh no! that's a bum trip.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Penny Lane wrote:
never going back wrote:Hometown shows... that I won't be able to make. :( I'll even be home for my sister's wedding two weeks prior. Bummer.

No, the bum trip is that while I'm in Richmond for my sister's wedding DBT is playing the Buckhead Theatre here in Atlanta two miles from my house! :( So, I think I'm flying to Dallas to stay with my sister and see that show. Stupid weddings.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

never going back wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:

No, the bum trip is that while I'm in Richmond for my sister's wedding DBT is playing the Buckhead Theatre here in Atlanta two miles from my house! :( So, I think I'm flying to Dallas to stay with my sister and see that show. Stupid weddings.

That does suck. Largely.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Plane tix are only 120$ from NYC, I'm debating. If I come, I really need to stay a little sober. ;)

Any special halloween hijinks planned?
In my blood, there's gasoline..

The Black Canary

Tix for both nights (check)
Airfare (check)

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

The Black Canary wrote:Tix for both nights (check)
Airfare (check)

yaaaaay!!! me too on both accounts!

elnorte72

Post by elnorte72 »

Flea wrote:A'right, not a big poster, but I'll be there both nights representing the VA peninsula. Long time fan, second & third shows.

Count another car load in from the birthplace of a nation. Yorktown in the building...
We were Heathens in their eyes at the time.
I guess I'm just a Heathen still...

elnorte72

Post by elnorte72 »

Maluca3 wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:How difficult (or easy) would it be to stay in DC fri & sat nites for these Richmond shows?

There are hotels a block or so away from the venue. Unless you have compelling reasons for the four hour (roundtrip) drive like Mama guilting you into a visit, I wouldn't subject myself to that. Then again, I do love my disco nap before the show...

Agreed. And props for busting out the disco nap.
We were Heathens in their eyes at the time.
I guess I'm just a Heathen still...

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

As if you needed another reason to go, Bobby Bare Jr. is supporting these dates (and Charlotte too)...

http://www.bobbybarejr.com/

The Black Canary

Ok, have air and show tix purchased. Now onto hotels. Does anyone have any recommendations? Plus how do you get from Richmond airport to downtown Richmond?

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

The Black Canary wrote:Ok, have air and show tix purchased. Now onto hotels. Does anyone have any recommendations? Plus how do you get from Richmond airport to downtown Richmond?

Hey BC ~ we're at the Marriott. Supposed to be only 1 1/2 blocks from the venue. Booked online for $90. The gal at the hotel recommended a shuttle service that is supposed to be cheaper than a taxi. I got the info at work so I'll msg u later with it if ya want. I believe she said the airport is about 15mins from downtown.

The Black Canary

AprilTwister wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:Ok, have air and show tix purchased. Now onto hotels. Does anyone have any recommendations? Plus how do you get from Richmond airport to downtown Richmond?

Hey BC ~ we're at the Marriott. Supposed to be only 1 1/2 blocks from the venue. Booked online for $90. The gal at the hotel recommended a shuttle service that is supposed to be cheaper than a taxi. I got the info at work so I'll msg u later with it if ya want. I believe she said the airport is about 15mins from downtown.

thank you AT, that would be great!!! See you at the Rawk Show!!!!

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

The Black Canary wrote:
AprilTwister wrote:

thank you AT, that would be great!!! See you at the Rawk Show!!!!

k - here's the poop. We'll be at the Marriott on East Broad St 807-643-3400. The number for the shuttle service ( forget the name of it but recommended by the hotel ) is 804-222-7222. It's $48.50 round trip for 2 ppl. It has to be booked in advance so your ride is waitin' for you when you land at the airport. Our flight lands at 1pm on Friday so hopefully we can hook up before the show :)

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

^^ The gal mentioned a taxi would be about $30 one way.. but I'm just going on what "she said".. I'm sure folks who have been there done that would know best..

The Black Canary

AprilTwister wrote:^^ The gal mentioned a taxi would be about $30 one way.. but I'm just going on what "she said".. I'm sure folks who have been there done that would know best..

I am flying out of Boston Friday, at 9:30 am arriving Richmond 11:15, so if anyone is going to be at the Richmond Airport at that time and wants to split the cost of the shuttle to hotel, please send me a PM. :D

I am flying out of Richmond Sunday at 10:16 so I need to be at airport by 9:15, Please PM if you need to be at the airport same time and we can hook up a ride to airport. :D

Thank you

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

AprilTwister wrote:The number for the shuttle service ( forget the name of it but recommended by the hotel ) is 804-222-7222. It's $48.50 round trip for 2 ppl. It has to be booked in advance so your ride is waitin' for you when you land at the airport. Our flight lands at 1pm on Friday so hopefully we can hook up before the show :)
FYI - That's Groome Transportation. They ususally have someone at the airport at all times ready to go and they usually are the cheapest.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

The Black Canary

Ok folks got the shuttle back to Richmond airport on Sunday covered. If anyone is going to be at the Richmond airport around 11:30 on Friday morning please PM to split cost of shuttle to hotel. and as they as in the airport business by by by thanks for flying with us!!!