Fall Tour Dates! (Now with solo dates thru December)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Eyes Above It

Re: Fall Tour Dates!

Post by Eyes Above It »

uncle rickey wrote:Newly announced! Presale tomorrow!

10/08 - Mills River, NC - Amphitheater at Upper Park
11/13 - Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall
11/14 - Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall
11/15 - Madison, WI - Majestic Theatre
11/17 - Bloomington, IL - Castle Theatre
11/19 - Chattanooga, TN - Track 29
11/20 - Nashville, TN - Cannery Ballroom
11/21 - Nashville, TN - Cannery Ballroom
Still no love for Northeast Ohio, Cleveland is long overdue for a Rock Show, just sayin.

dogstar

Re: Fall Tour Dates! (Now thru November)

Post by dogstar »

quote="uncle rickey"]Newly announced! Presale tomorrow!

11/21 - Nashville, TN - Cannery Ballroom[/quote]

with added DEXATEENS

Now seriously thinking about whether I can make any of these dates work.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

tinnitus photography

Re: Fall Tour Dates!

Post by tinnitus photography »

rlipps wrote:Any word on openers for this leg?
hopefully, it's this guy.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

dogstar wrote:quote="uncle rickey"]Newly announced! Presale tomorrow!

11/21 - Nashville, TN - Cannery Ballroom
with added DEXATEENS

Now seriously thinking about whether I can make any of these dates work.[/quote]

No West Coast dates were hard enough to handle,
But adding the ALMIGHTY Dexateens to the shows is straight up painful...
You all are some lucky dogs getting this combo.

I know, getting Sturgill to open for three nites was pretty lucky too,
But I've been waiting to see the Dexateens for a long while...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

bogart

Post by bogart »

Orlando
AUSTIN!!!
New Braunfels
:D

njMark

Post by njMark »

Really need to end this streak of no shows for 2 years and counting. Stupid life getting in the way of my show going. Hoping for some northeast shows later this year and keeping the ever so dim chances of getting back to homecoming. Bright spots are Chuck Prophet, Lydia Loveless and Craig Finn all coming up shortly.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

bogart wrote: AUSTIN!!!
New Braunfels
:D
Oh HELL yes.

Also, Brent Best is now listed as opening the TX, NOLA, and Little Rock shows! This excites me. :D :D :D

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Anyone hear anything about an opener an Greensboro Tuesday? There isn't one listed on the DBT website or the venue website. Doors at 7 and show at 8 and I'm wondering when DBT will go on. We're only about an hour from Greensboro but we may be running a hair late with doors that early.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

uncle rickey wrote: Brent Best is now listed as opening the TX, NOLA, and Little Rock shows! This excites me. :D :D :D
Indeed. We'll be in NOLA. Looking forward to Brent singing his new songs.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

Anyone else going to the Mills River, NC show?

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

In for Chattanooga, and 2x Nashville.

Maybe in for Mills River and Augusta. Maybe not. Need to save some vacation days for Homecoming...don't get as many at the new job.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Per a post I saw on FB earlier, a band from Burlington named Jive Mother Mary is opening the show tonight in Greensboro. The post came from one of the members of the band so I'm guessing it's accurate info. It appeared as though it's an eleventh hour thing so they're not listed on the DBT's website, the venue's website or even the bands' own website.

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Per a post I saw on FB earlier, a band from Burlington named Jive Mother Mary is opening the show tonight in Greensboro. The post came from one of the members of the band so I'm guessing it's accurate info. It appeared as though it's an eleventh hour thing so they're not listed on the DBT's website, the venue's website or even the bands' own website.
Yea, i messaged the venue last nite & they replied back that's it's this band. Listening to a song off their site, not too impressed so far but maybe it'll get better. Bio says they're from Burlington, NC & now live in Athens.
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Yeah, not so sure about this opening band. I presume the Truckers are scheduled to go on around 9:00 or 9:15? Does anyone have a favorite bar around the venue to grab some drinks beforehand? I'm planning to just walk around and see what looks good.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Big news! This band is playing Little Rock:

Same day as Polyphonic Spree. Difficult decision. And I'm going to do my damnedest to get to Juanita's the 17th and see the unutterably foul and wonderful Birdcloud.

UPDATE: Anyone considering coming to Little Rock for the DBT show might consider coming a day early. Tav Falco is playing 19th and I think that's one of the shows with Mike Watt on bass. I'm tempted to take one of my to the show and ask him to sign it. He's a hero of mine. I think I'll dig out Contemplating the Engine Room and start getting into the groove tonight.

UPPERDATE...UPDATER?...ANYWAY: And the night after is Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires. Mid-week flights are cheap, people. It's a good time to get your Arkansaw on.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

went to buy tickets for the Mills River show. Sold Out! crazy

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

dbtfan4life wrote:went to buy tickets for the Mills River show. Sold Out! crazy
pert near positive it's the first show there at the new brewery and it's supposedly small (so my Sierra Nevada connections here tell me), so not a surprise, especially given that the band has a solid following there already
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

damn shame! :D

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

damn shame that I couldn't make the effort to travel from CA for the show, as my parents live about 5 miles from the new brewery. Again, given that it's the first show there and there is a huge buzz about the brewery in general, there are probably a chunk of folks buying tickets who don't even know the band, they just wanna be there for the grand opening. Perfect opportunity for winning some new converts :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

rawkshow wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Per a post I saw on FB earlier, a band from Burlington named Jive Mother Mary is opening the show tonight in Greensboro. The post came from one of the members of the band so I'm guessing it's accurate info. It appeared as though it's an eleventh hour thing so they're not listed on the DBT's website, the venue's website or even the bands' own website.
Yea, i messaged the venue last nite & they replied back that's it's this band. Listening to a song off their site, not too impressed so far but maybe it'll get better. Bio says they're from Burlington, NC & now live in Athens.
These guys are based in Athens now, unless they pulled out since last homecoming. I agree about the music but I've shared some drunken swaying with their drummer at more than one Athens DBT show.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

one belt loop wrote:
rawkshow wrote:
These guys are based in Athens now, unless they pulled out since last homecoming. I agree about the music but I've shared some drunken swaying with their drummer at more than one Athens DBT show.
I have to say, I enjoyed them way more than I was expecting to. There's a good bit of old school Southern Rock at work there but I thought they brought a certain freshness to it. Those are my first impressions anyway.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
I have to say, I enjoyed them way more than I was expecting to. There's a good bit of old school Southern Rock at work there but I thought they brought a certain freshness to it. Those are my first impressions anyway.
I thought they were 10x better live than the recordings I've heard. I will definitely go see them again the next time they're in the Triangle region.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

well if there are any tickets for sale please keep me posted!! thanks

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Fall schedule finally locked in New Orleans 10/17, Hattiesburg, MS 10/23 (solo for this one as Lurleen can't make it), Memphis 10/24, Nashville 11/20 & 11/21. Hope to see y'all at the Rock Show!

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of strange that the Truckers aren't playing any shows to coincide with the release of the live album (not to mention Halloween)? I had my fingers crossed for a proper NYC rock show, and presumed it would be announced after opening for the Shakes at Forest Hills. Unfortunately, all I'm hearing is crickets.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Whispering Pines wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of strange that the Truckers aren't playing any shows to coincide with the release of the live album (not to mention Halloween)? I had my fingers crossed for a proper NYC rock show, and presumed it would be announced after opening for the Shakes at Forest Hills. Unfortunately, all I'm hearing is crickets.
Well they finish up the week before the release in St. Louis and pick back up again in Chicago 2 weeks after. There was an interview where Patterson talked about trick or treating with his kids. All the guys are in a similar position with their kids. I'm sure they'll enjoy having that time with their families. Lots of Rock Shows before and after.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

brett27295 wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
I thought they were 10x better live than the recordings I've heard. I will definitely go see them again the next time they're in the Triangle region.
Good to know!
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Whispering Pines wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of strange that the Truckers aren't playing any shows to coincide with the release of the live album (not to mention Halloween)? I had my fingers crossed for a proper NYC rock show, and presumed it would be announced after opening for the Shakes at Forest Hills. Unfortunately, all I'm hearing is crickets.
Well they finish up the week before the release in St. Louis and pick back up again in Chicago 2 weeks after. There was an interview where Patterson talked about trick or treating with his kids. All the guys are in a similar position with their kids. I'm sure they'll enjoy having that time with their families. Lots of Rock Shows before and after.
And I'm glad not to have to decide what to do about trick or treating with my kid! I've always put that first, with the exception of a poorly-timed church thing last year. This year is likely her last, at least for wanting dad along, so I don't want to miss it. But I did keep looking at the Fillmore calendar till they filled that date.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

gepman

Post by gepman »

St Paul and the Broken Bones just announced for 12/30 and 12/31 at 930 Club

Another year without NYE shows in DC (at least at the 930 Club), bummed.

nutfat

Post by nutfat »

anyone in for st. petersburg 10/11??