Myrtle Beach HOB 7/23

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Rocky

Re: Myrtle Beach HOB 7/23

Post by Rocky »

When you start with Lookout Mountain you know you're in for a hell of a show!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

If my memory is right they closed with it last fall in Bethlehem PA

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

It's comforting to know the Truckers are back on the road. Can't wait for Edwards and Red Rocks.. DBT on the Rocks, bay-bee!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

denverdawg

Post by denverdawg »

Some random things that stuck out to me last night...

- You could tell the guys were excited to be back together again after having some time off. Patterson kind of did a skipping/galloping thing onto the stage when they came out. Never seen that before.

- In addition to his normal infectious smile, Matt seems to have also incorporated what I'll call a 'snarl' on some songs to contrast the grin we are all used to. That was fun to see.

- Now that they aren't touring behind English Oceans, Brad's floor drum is just plain white with 'DBT' stenciled on. The EO backdrop is still being used, though.

- Definitely a different type crowd at Myrtle. Mix of dyed in the wool fans with vacationers that probably just wanted a night out and didn't care who was playing.

- Heard someone lamenting the lack of pedal steel on some songs. Have to say I fall in the camp that agrees with him. I know Neff won't be walking back through the door, but I sure wouldn't complain if they found a new steel player.

- I thought Patterson might mention the flag thing with the show being in South Carolina, but he didn't. However, he skipped the 'South will rise again' line in Dead, Drunk, and Naked. That caught me by surprise.

- Definitely seems like the guys have dialed back the volume they used to play at, and my ears are totally okay with that.

- Patterson did some cool intros into a few songs that I'd never heard him do before - including a fairly lengthy one at the very beginning (maybe a minute or more) before launching into Lookout Mountain.

- Finally, damn - T. Hardy Morris is the real deal. Love the new record, and the band is great live. I think he'll be adding some fans along the way on this tour.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

denverdawg wrote:I thought Patterson might mention the flag thing with the show being in South Carolina, but he didn't. However, he skipped the 'South will rise again' line in Dead, Drunk, and Naked. That caught me by surprise.
Hes been doing that for a few years now, I kinda miss that line. But much like "The Southern Thing" it probably gets misinterpreted a lot.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

uncle rickey wrote:Lookout Mountain
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
A Ghost to Most
Sandwiches for the Road
72 (This Highway's Mean)
<toast to Newt>
Heathens
Love Like This