Patterson and family moving from Athens to Portland

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

one belt loop

Re: Patterson and family moving from Athens to Portland

Post by one belt loop »

Jenn wrote:The worst thing about the Hoods moving to Portland is that Athens will lose them for now. Athens has benefited from having them here, but now it's Portland's turn. Personally, it's very selfishly sad for me, but I can't help but be thrilled and excited for all of them as they move to a new place and start a new adventure. I hope Portland appreciates them and treats them as well if not better than Athens ever did.
Plus, a great reason for you to visit Portland, and a potential place to stay. So, really, you win, Jenn.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

The other thing Patterson said when revealing his move to the Portland audience was, "So when you see us out and about...well, don't talk to us. But wave."

Also, if you are going to visit Portland in hopes of spotting Patterson, or going to a Patterson/Willie Vlautin show or something, I have the world's best airbnb to recommend.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Duke Silver wrote:I wonder how RevMatt is taking this.
Thanks for the concern. I am doing ok I guess. On Wednesday I took a shower for the first time since the Hoods left and I went into town and bought a brand new bathrobe. I thought about going to Flicker but the memories associated with old Pat and the bar depressed the hell out of me so I went back home and drowned my sorrows in a half gallon of Ben and Jerrys. Leslie sent an intervention team over from Nuci's Space and they got me on Prozac so I think I will be ok.

Seriously, wasn't this move in the works for a while? Like a couple of years? I seem to remember a thread on the topic in late 2013 when he and his family spent two months living there during the rainy season just to make sure they could handle the dreary weather and were not basing the decision on the summer climate which is as close to perfect as you can get in the lower 48.

Glad to see you all are doing well since I stopped contributing here. I will see you at homecoming.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Sub

Post by Sub »

RevMatt wrote:
Thanks for the concern. I am doing ok I guess. On Wednesday I took a shower for the first time since the Hoods left and I went into town and bought a brand new bathrobe. I thought about going to Flicker but the memories associated with old Pat and the bar depressed the hell out of me so I went back home and drowned my sorrows in a half gallon of Ben and Jerrys. Leslie sent an intervention team over from Nuci's Space and they got me on Prozac so I think I will be ok.

Seriously, wasn't this move in the works for a while? Like a couple of years? I seem to remember a thread on the topic in late 2013 when he and his family spent two months living there during the rainy season just to make sure they could handle the dreary weather and were not basing the decision on the summer climate which is as close to perfect as you can get in the lower 48.

Glad to see you all are doing well since I stopped contributing here. I will see you at homecoming.
I love you revmatt.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

RevMatt wrote:

Post of the Year. I'd really like it if you contributed regularly again but I'll live with this slice of awesomeness if not. :D
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
RevMatt wrote:

Post of the Year. I'd really like it if you contributed regularly again but I'll live with this slice of awesomeness if not. :D
Me, too. And I personally think Patterson would be touched* if you were to ship him your old bathrobe.

*I started to say "moved", but he's already done that.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be