OKC Fest, June 26 (and 27)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

OKC Fest, June 26 (and 27)

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

From Facebook:
Happy to announce we'll be playing the OKC Fest in Oklahoma city on June 26th. See y'all there.
I'm not nuts about most of the line-up, but I haven't been to Oklahoma City in a LONG time and just might make this one.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

DiamondDave

Re: OKC Fest, June 26 (and 27)

Post by DiamondDave »

We'll let you in!

Hell yeah......I was hoping for a show soon....figured it would be Tulsa again.....maybe we'll get a twofer!
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Jeez I am from Ok and proud of it but this is probably the worst "festival" lineup I've seen. Please feel free to state otherwise.

I hope they paid DBT $1,000,000 to play but wow they are opening for Sammy fucking Hagar? Maybe the GOP has a shot at a show in 2016 :D
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

John A Arkansawyer

OkieinTexas wrote:Jeez I am from Ok and proud of it but this is probably the worst "festival" lineup I've seen. Please feel free to state otherwise.
I won't argue with you, because
  1. you can't argue with an opinion
  2. it is a pretty sucky lineup
I still might come out for it, though, depending on what else is going on that weekend.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

Anybody going to this?

John A Arkansawyer

Eyes Above It wrote:Anybody going to this?
My car is not broke. It just ain't running. But if someone passing through Little Rock wants to take me along, just whistle.

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Eyes Above It wrote:Anybody going to this?
My car is not broke. It just ain't running. But if someone passing through Little Rock wants to take me along, just whistle.
P. S. I am super serious about this. My boss and my old boss, both of whom I think highly of, are both leaving us for a better place today. I am going to start deactivating their accounts shortly and that will make me very sad. I'd like something good at the end of the day.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

I did not attend.

I am somewhat shameful about it, yet it just didn't seem feasible to me. $50 ticket for an hour long set. Screw that.

Hopefully we get a real life rock show here in OKC soon. This lineup was a joke.

John A Arkansawyer

DiamondDave wrote:I did not attend.

I am somewhat shameful about it, yet it just didn't seem feasible to me. $50 ticket for an hour long set. Screw that.

Hopefully we get a real life rock show here in OKC soon. This lineup was a joke.
I wasn't going to say that till after the show. I thought the lineup spoke for itself and no one really needed told that. Except the organizers.

And I had a shitty enough day--even though the world made me happy, I'm really going to miss my boss--that I'd've probably paid the fifty. I haven't seen Oklahoma City in some time and would have liked to poke around a bit. Do they still leave the state capitol unlocked on the weekends?

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
DiamondDave wrote:I did not attend.

I wasn't going to say that till after the show. I thought the lineup spoke for itself and no one really needed told that. Except the organizers.

And I had a shitty enough day--even though the world made me happy, I'm really going to miss my boss--that I'd've probably paid the fifty. I haven't seen Oklahoma City in some time and would have liked to poke around a bit. Do they still leave the state capitol unlocked on the weekends?
I don't know.....I didn't know they did that.

Anyone have the setlist? Just curious what I missed.

John A Arkansawyer

DiamondDave wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Do they still leave the state capitol unlocked on the weekends?
I don't know.....I didn't know they did that.
Well, they did once in the summer of 1980, as I discovered when I was hitchhiking down to Norman and needed a place to pee. It was a lot of fun to roam around on the state senate (or was it the representatives?) floor without a tour guide. And yes, tempted as I was, I peed in a toilet.
DiamondDave wrote:Anyone have the setlist? Just curious what I missed.
I'm working on it. I know someone who knows someone who went. I'm very curious if any of the new material made it in.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Funny shit...what with the Capitol and all. :lol:

Please keep me posted on the setlist if you find it. I'm nutty that way.